• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Booking Air India tickets using Miles for Axis CC Holders

mr.deal

TF Buzz
send ss to axis customer care email and travel edge portal email.
Yes already sent screen shot to support but I am sure others in the group must have faced this. If not please try to link turkish account with edge rewards and do see if it goest through. It surely can't be me alone!

wokrishnahai

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
In this post I will explain how to find and book Air India award tickets with miles. Since Air India is a member of Star Alliance, we can book their flights using miles from other members. From the list of Magnus transfer partners, you can buy Air India tickets using United Airlines and Singapore Airline Miles. Turkish Airlines is also part of Star Alliance, but I couldn't find an option to book Air India flights with their miles.

For this post, I will take an example of booking a one-way ticket from Bangalore to Paris on April 13,2023.

Booking using Singapore Airlines:

1. Create a Krisflyer account. (KrisFlyer is the rewards programme of the Singapore Airlines.)

2. Once you log in, you'll see the option to search for flights. Here you need to select the "Redeem flights" option, and enter the rest of the details as usual.

SQ-1.png

3. On the next screen, select the option to see flights from Star Alliance partners. Once you select this option, it will show you the flights from Star Alliance partners you can book. In our case, it is showing an Air India flight from Bangalore to Paris and the miles requirement is 30,500 miles.

SQ-2.png

4. You can select the required flight and it will show you extra taxes to be paid along with the miles. You can go ahead and book the flight now.

Booking using United Airlines:

1. Create a united mileage plus account.

2. You will see the option to search for flights once you log in. Here you need to select the "Book with Miles" option, and enter the rest of the details as
usual.

United - 1.png

3. On the next screen, you'll see all the available flights. The list also includes a list of all flights from partner airlines. Here you have options from multiple flights, and you can see a mixed itinerary of Vistara + Air India. You can select the required flight and book it.

United - 2 .png

Hope this post helps. Feedback is appreciated.
The only problem is the payment of taxes. so If any one has booked it via United.com using miles and a domestic flight from Vistara in India. Please let me know as I have had been trying to do the same since last 12 hours.

Theo

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I am also struggling to make payment for taxes on United Airlines. It does not accept India credit cards. Tried US card also does not work. Cant figure out the exact issue.

stallion

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I am also struggling to make payment for taxes on United Airlines. It does not accept India credit cards. Tried US card also does not work. Cant figure out the exact issue.
Use a US address while making payment. Then Indian Credit Cards also work.

Venky

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Any idea about how can one transfer miles from the Miles & Smiles program to any other partners?

sam4

TF Buzz
Yes already sent screen shot to support but I am sure others in the group must have faced this. If not please try to link turkish account with edge rewards and do see if it goest through. It surely can't be me alone!
Check now. Its solved.

sauravdis

TF Neo
Etihad has a concept of family membership, where you can link accounts belonging to your family members. However, those members must be related to you. Once linked, you can pool your miles and book flights for everyone in the family. A family can have up to nine members. Please refer to this link for more information.

I don't know if you can book flights for someone not part of the family.
Emirates has the same.

Sandy112

TF Buzz
Did you get any resolution for this?
Nope. Now I can't even see air India domestic flights under Turkish Airlines.

How to search for domestic flights on Turkish Airlines website?? Anyone??

And is there any way to transfer turkish miles to Kris flyer??

churn

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Nope. Now I can't even see air India domestic flights under Turkish Airlines.

How to search for domestic flights on Turkish Airlines website?? Anyone??

And is there any way to transfer turkish miles to Kris flyer??
Look for Star Alliance flights in "Miles transactions" after you login to the website. You can check there. You cannot transfer from Turkish to Krisflyer.

shibili

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Apart from Vistara, is there any other mile program through which we can book domestic flights under 10k miles ?

shibili

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Through Turkish Miles & Smiles (It's flat 7500 miles for domestic AI flights)
But there is no flights showing in any of the major routes. I checked upto this year end. Reuired mile amount of 7500 is showing, but no flights.

kkk

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
But there is no flights showing in any of the major routes. I checked upto this year end. Reuired mile amount of 7500 is showing, but no flights.
I think there is some issue going with AI award ticket availability on Turkish (as well as on United). Let it resolve once. I have booked AI domestic flight using Turkish in Jan 2023.