• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Booking Air India tickets using Miles for Axis CC Holders

venkateshr

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Amazing. Thanks
Any view on how to search for multiple people or atleast know how may seats are there? For e.g. in TK by looking at 1 person for Star alliance and seeing, lets say, availability on BOM-LHR, I'm not able to make a decision as I'm trying to see if I can rely on this for my entire family booking. Is there anyway to see the total seats at all through some other means, if not via TK?

hrishig

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Done multiple trips on airindia using FF from different *A partners. In my experience typically limited award seats are open at single point of time. So better is to book one or two seats and book others as paid ticket. Else keep checking on daily basis and do booking as ( and if) slots open.

venkateshr

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Done multiple trips on airindia using FF from different *A partners. In my experience typically limited award seats are open at single point of time. So better is to book one or two seats and book others as paid ticket. Else keep checking on daily basis and do booking as ( and if) slots open.
Thank you. Very useful.

Sandy112

TF Buzz
Hi guys, please help me out.
I am unable to book an Air India domestic flight through Turkish Airlines. I have already transferred miles from Magnus to Miles and More. I can select the flight but after that I am getting and error stating that -
The ticketing approval for the fare class you selected in your travel plan could not be obtained from our contracted airline. We apologize for this inconvenience, which is unfortunately beyond our control.

I have tried to opt for both business class qns economy class but I am getting the same error as stated above.
Please help.

kkk

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi guys, please help me out.
I am unable to book an Air India domestic flight through Turkish Airlines. I have already transferred miles from Magnus to Miles and More. I can select the flight but after that I am getting and error stating that -
The ticketing approval for the fare class you selected in your travel plan could not be obtained from our contracted airline. We apologize for this inconvenience, which is unfortunately beyond our control.

I have tried to opt for both business class qns economy class but I am getting the same error as stated above.
Please help.
Try to contact on their helpline number. You can also mail Delhi/Mumbai customer center.

Sandy112

TF Buzz
Try to contact on their helpline number. You can also mail Delhi/Mumbai customer center.
I have tried both the methods but I am unable to book. The customer care unable to find any flight within India. I am getting an error (ticketing approval cannot be obtained from contracted airline).

Anyone recently able to book a domestic air India flight through Turkish Airlines please tell me the procedure as I am getting the above mentioned error for every location.

Attachments

• chrome_screenshot_1678441799002~2.png
    chrome_screenshot_1678441799002~2.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 33

Itsrajeev

TF Buzz
I have tried both the methods but I am unable to book. The customer care unable to find any flight within India. I am getting an error (ticketing approval cannot be obtained from contracted airline).

Anyone recently able to book a domestic air India flight through Turkish Airlines please tell me the procedure as I am getting the above mentioned error for every location.
i think this miles will work only for international booking

viralsanghavi32

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi Technofinians I am in requirement of United miles if someone wants to sell me or barter with me than please DM or reply here

xxScriptzxx

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Turkish is known for phantom space. Before transferring your miles to turkish, please check air canada / united airlines for award availability. And keep calling turkish customer care until the flight is booked, most dont know how to book star alliance ticket(i called six times to get my ticket booked)

I booked delhi to london via turkish, revenue was 80k got it for 19k + some minimum taxes. Got a value of 4 rs per point.

M_singh

TF Buzz
Hi all, I was checking for Delhi to Dubai Air India flight through United but only Vistara is visible for the entire year. I last checked it and there was Air India and I can book 3 tickets on United Directly but now it is not visible.
Air India is visible on Turkish and Krisflyer

004archit

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi all, I was checking for Delhi to Dubai Air India flight through United but only Vistara is visible for the entire year. I last checked it and there was Air India and I can book 3 tickets on United Directly but now it is not visible.
How many point it is showing for Dubai economy for Vistara?

churn

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
There's some issue on the United end, and hence they have pulled all the AIr India flights from their portal. I do not have the screenshot that I saw where the United CSR mentions this issue (I saw that in another group). They have said it will take some time to fix it. What the issue is about- I do not know.

M_singh

TF Buzz
There's some issue on the United end, and hence they have pulled all the AIr India flights from their portal. I do not have the screenshot that I saw where the United CSR mentions this issue (I saw that in another group). They have said it will take some time to fix it. What the issue is about- I do not know.
Thank you so much for this update! Lets wait and watch! once it is back, will try it again

kkk

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Did you get any resolution for this?

Turkish is known for phantom space. Before transferring your miles to turkish, please check air canada / united airlines for award availability. And keep calling turkish customer care until the flight is booked, most dont know how to book star alliance ticket(i called six times to get my ticket booked)

I booked delhi to london via turkish, revenue was 80k got it for 19k + some minimum taxes. Got a value of 4 rs per point.

That’s amazing! What is the customer care that you used to book your flight? Am unable to find a Turkish airlines customer care number that actually works. The call keeps getting cut before I am even connected to an agent.

You can book Air India flights from Turkish Airlines as well.
I booked an Air India flight from Paris to Delhi through Turkish Airlines
Some mile comparsion
United - 33k miles
KrisFlyer - 30.5k miles
Turkish Miles & Smiles - 19k miles
Tax was same for all.
That’s a great redemption! How did you book through Turkish? Did you call them up or do the booking through the website? If you called to do the booking, may I please know the contact number that you used? I want to check the availability of a flight ticket before transferring my points and am unable to find a Turkish airlines customer care number that actually works

mr.deal

TF Buzz
how did you link Axis Travel edge with Turkish miles? For me it's not working. The portal doesn't accept the membership number completely.

sam4

TF Buzz
You can book Air India flights from Turkish Airlines as well.
I booked an Air India flight from Paris to Delhi through Turkish Airlines
Some mile comparsion
United - 33k miles
KrisFlyer - 30.5k miles
Turkish Miles & Smiles - 19k miles
Tax was same for all.
how many bags/kg are allowed in turkish award ticket? is it 2 bags(23kg each) or just 1?