• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Booking Air India tickets using Miles for Axis CC Holders

TheMentalist

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
You can book Air India flights from Turkish Airlines as well.
I booked an Air India flight from Paris to Delhi through Turkish Airlines
Some mile comparsion
United - 33k miles
KrisFlyer - 30.5k miles
Turkish Miles & Smiles - 19k miles
Tax was same for all.
wow.. such a big difference, for what flight dates??

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Some mile comparsion
United - 33k miles
KrisFlyer - 30.5k miles
Tax was same for all.
Hi how can we search for and book the award tickets for partner airlines using Turkish miles and smiles?

Thanks in advance!

churn

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
wow.. such a big difference, for what flight dates??
Dates are not normally a problem as long as it is not dynamically priced (and saver availability is present). For economy, the cheapest would be via Virgin Atlantic which may cost around 14000 miles (but may have a little less than 200 Euro in taxes). Avianca life miles (currently transfers from HDFC) will be around 25k miles (plus around 125 in taxes).
Hi how can we search for and book the award tickets for partner airlines using Turkish miles and smiles?

Thanks in advance!
For Turkish, you need to create an account and can book tickets from the Turkish website. Just FYI, booking tickets for one's companion is a little tricky if you (the Turkish account holder) have never redeemed a ticket using Turkish miles.

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Dates are not normally a problem as long as it is not dynamically priced (and saver availability is present). For economy, the cheapest would be via Virgin Atlantic which may cost around 14000 miles (but may have a little less than 200 Euro in taxes). Avianca life miles (currently transfers from HDFC) will be around 25k miles (plus around 125 in taxes).

For Turkish, you need to create an account and can book tickets from the Turkish website. Just FYI, booking tickets for one's companion is a little tricky if you (the Turkish account holder) have never redeemed a ticket using Turkish miles.
While booking tickets from Turkish website, I’m not able to search for award tickets on partner airlines. How can I do that?

Dr. Drake

TF Ace
I’m doing this but can see award tickets only for TK operated flights. Not for partner awards. How to do that?
I think with turkish you have to go partner site to book award flights. Never tried from turkish web so have no idea someone might add more value here

Amit Dhatrak

TF Buzz
Some mile comparsion
United - 33k miles
KrisFlyer - 30.5k miles
Tax was same for all.
How do I do this? When I go on Turkish smiles and miles website, it just shows Turkish airlines flights

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
How do I do this? When I go on Turkish smiles and miles website, it just shows Turkish airlines flights
Hi

I was also in the same boat. Couldn’t search for Turkish star alliance awards.
Had posted here but got no answer for it.

Have now figured it out.
The trick is to login to Turkish FFP, click your name, click ‘miles transaction’, and then there’ll be something that says search star alliance.

Click on that and you can then search for award on star alliance using Turkish ffp.

You’re welcome!

Akshay9512

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi

Have now figured it out.
The trick is to login to Turkish FFP, click your name, click ‘miles transaction’, and then there’ll be something that says search star alliance.

Click on that and you can then search for award on star alliance using Turkish ffp.

You’re welcome!
This is amazing man.

Reactions: 787

TheMentalist

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi

Have now figured it out.

You’re welcome!

clark_kent

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi

Have now figured it out.

You’re welcome!
Amazing. Thanks

Reactions: 787