• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

BOB offering 20% limit increase

CC-Muncher

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Should i go for credit limit enhancement if available? My utilisation is less rhan 3% overall, increasing limit would make utilisation % even less. Is it ok for cibil?

hks789

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Too much limit will never backfire , infact it is a good thing
Higher credit limit with less utilisation ratio , gives a perception non credit hungry profile which in turn makes you eligible for higher loans with better interest rates
A higher credit limit with a lower utilization ratio for a long period of time will definitely give you good credit worthiness.

But if you achieve higher credit limits, say 2-3x your annual ITR, in a short span of time, you may face some difficulty getting high limits on new applications (cards, loans, etc.). Even if the loan is secured, a high debt-to-income ratio achieved in a short span will make you look credit hungry.

Sometimes these limits are bogus values, with shared card limits projecting a high overall limit even though the aggregate limit is less.

CC-Muncher

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Higher credit limit with less ratio for a long period will definitely give you good credit worthiness.

But if you achieve higher credit limits, say 2-3x your annual ITR in a short span of time, you may face some difficulty in getting high limits on new applications(cards, loans etc). Even if the loan is a secured one, a high debit to income ratio achieved in short span will make you look like credit hungry.

Sometimes these limits are bogus values - with shared card limits projecting high overall limit eventhough aggregate limit is less
Oh! I Did not know that. Thanks for sharing this 👍

CC-Muncher

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Also, which BOB card is offered LTF?
The BOB site says few cards as LTF but has some conditions next to it. Its very confusing. Are these really LTF?

I want to have one just for flipkart amazon cashback offers.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
A higher credit limit with a lower utilization ratio for a long period of time will definitely give you good credit worthiness.

But if you achieve higher credit limits, say 2-3x your annual ITR, in a short span of time, you may face some difficulty getting high limits on new applications (cards, loans, etc.). Even if the loan is secured, a high debt-to-income ratio achieved in a short span will make you look credit hungry.

Sometimes these limits are bogus values, with shared card limits projecting a high overall limit even though the aggregate limit is less.
Higher credit limit , won’t affect your debt to income ratio.
Debt to income is the amount of emi/fixed loan that you pay against your income
A credit limit is not a debt , but yes if you utilise the amount and then convert the same into EMI then it falls under debt and only then will impact your debt to income ratio