• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

BOB Eterna card on LTF basis - Experience and Eterna unboxing

ccent

TF Buzz
Dear all,

This post is regarding my Journey to get BOB eterna card on a Lifetime free (LTF) basis. I had BOB ICSI (The Institute of Company Secretaries of India) Diamond credit card which I was using for the last 1 year. however, due to frequent travel, I was trying to get a credit card with Unlimited Lounge access.

Considering the pathetic customer service of BOB, getting a paid eterna is also difficult leave aside LTF Eterna. The overall card upgrade process went on for around 1.5 months as BOB took 4-5 days to respond to every mail.

I have read in multiple threads that BOB eterna can be issued on LTF basis only on the basis of Radiance banking relationship with Bank of Baroda but that is not true as I myself negotiated for this card without Radiance banking relationship. if you have good decent negotiation skills, then everything is possible in the world of banking.

So the journey began 1.5 months ago when I dropped a mail to crm@bobfiancial.com asking them to upgrade my ICSI diamond credit card into LTF eterna credit card. they immediately rejected the request saying that "We do not Source Eterna card on LTF basis anymore." however, I tried negotiating with them based on income, higher credit limit of other bank credit cards, etc but no luck and they kept on rejecting the request but this time they added a clause that "BOB Eterna credit card can be sourced on LTF basis only to Radiance banking customers of bank of Baroda"

Until this point, i had no idea about "Radiance banking" program of BOB. upon doing some research, I got to know that for Radiance banking, NRV of 30 Lakh is required. however, i did not have that NRV of 30 lakhs. I have a saving account relation with BOB since over 2 decades.

I realised that they won't be issuing LTF Eterna based on ITR, Salary, Cibil score, higher spending on other cards and hence tried negotiating through my relationship with Bank of Baroda and asked them to issue LTF Eterna based on 2 decade-old relationship with BOB and high NRV with BOB. initially, they rejected the request again. when i escalated the matter to the Nodal desk, they asked me to provide NRV details along with bank account details of BOB in order to verify the claims I have made regarding the NRV.

I shared the required details with them and patiently waited for 5-6 days but BOB being BOB, did not respond even after providing all the required details. upon escalating again, I got a response that "We have forwarded your NRV data to Bank of Baroda banking team and are waiting for a verification report from their end"

I waited for 2-3 days more and after escalating it again, FINALLY, they agreed to upgrade my ICSI Diamond card to BOB Eterna credit card. Surprisingly, the card got delivered within 2 days of approval itself and more surprisingly they increased the credit limit by 3x of the current limit.

So this was my experience of getting LTF Eterna from BOB Financial based on my relationship with the Bank of Baroda. If anyone has a decent relationship with BOB, they can surely try their luck to get LTF Eterna. Patience is extremely important while dealing with BOB as they will take a lot of time and keep copy pasting same response again and again even when you provide some new info/details/documents to them.

The card came in a Nice White box although apart from the card, and a few unnecessary papers, there was nothing useful in the Welcome Kit. Here are some images of Eterna Credit card Welcome Kit:

IMG-20230928-WA0015.jpg IMG-20230928-WA0016.jpg IMG-20230928-WA0012.jpg IMG-20230928-WA0013.jpg IMG-20230928-WA0011.jpg

Can anyone please let me know, apart from Unlimited lounge access and BOGO movie ticket, and decent cashback, is there any other good feature this card has?????? also, where can i get the list of lounge where this card can be used? I tried searching on BOB financial website but could not find it.

Last edited:
I also applied for bob Eterna with out income of 12 lakhs they immediately rejected the application.
I have a very good NRV in BOB but less than 30 lakhs requirement.
Now I escalate the same to nodal officer for issue the card based on NRV.
Let's wait and see what happens