• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best way to Wire transfer to Indian account

vishals

TF Buzz
I have to claim some inward remittance from US, the platform that I am using is Etrade, now I want to transfer the funds from etrade to my indian bank account. Using the wire transfer, there is a flat fee of 25$. Then there is an option to do the transfer in USD or INR. If I select INR they charge 3% as conversion charges.

1) So what currency do I transfer in USD or INR?
2) If USD then what additional steps I have to do here in my Indian account to do the INR conversion?
3) What's the best/cheapest way that you guys have found out?
4) Which bank is best to wire to in India, I can even open a new account.
5) How much time does it takes to wire?

Lorddiesel

TF Buzz
I have to claim some inward remittance from US, the platform that I am using is Etrade, now I want to transfer the funds from etrade to my indian bank account. Using the wire transfer, there is a flat fee of 25$. Then there is an option to do the transfer in USD or INR. If I select INR they charge 3% as conversion charges.

1) So what currency do I transfer in USD or INR?
2) If USD then what additional steps I have to do here in my Indian account to do the INR conversion?
3) What's the best/cheapest way that you guys have found out?
4) Which bank is best to wire to in India, I can even open a new account.
5) How much time does it takes to wire?
1) So what currency do I transfer in USD or INR? - I suggest USD

2) If USD then what additional steps I have to do here in my Indian account to do the INR conversion? - None, its auto converted at the Banks prevailing rate

3) What's the best/cheapest way that you guys have found out? = Ria ( https://www.riamoneytransfer.com/en-us/ )
4) Which bank is best to wire to in India, I can even open a new account. = HDFC Bank
5) How much time does it takes to wire? - Instant with Ria

vishals

TF Buzz
1) So what currency do I transfer in USD or INR? - I suggest USD

2) If USD then what additional steps I have to do here in my Indian account to do the INR conversion? - None, its auto converted at the Banks prevailing rate

3) What's the best/cheapest way that you guys have found out? = Ria ( https://www.riamoneytransfer.com/en-us/ )
4) Which bank is best to wire to in India, I can even open a new account. = HDFC Bank
5) How much time does it takes to wire? - Instant with Ria
It says RIA is not available in India

Lorddiesel

TF Buzz

Lorddiesel

TF Buzz

Lorddiesel

TF Buzz
It says RIA is not available in India

How do I send money to India?​

When you’re sending money abroad, no matter the destination, it’s important to choose a method that offers maximum security and efficiency — especially if you’re in a hurry.

Perhaps the easiest way to send money to India is through an international money remittance service like Ria. We offer multiple options for you to send money to your recipient, including bank transfers and digital wallet deposits. We also have over 120,000 physical locations in and around India, making it easy for your recipient to pick up their money in person.

With Ria, you can send money to India using either the website or the app. If you do not already have an account, you can set one up online. The process does not take long and only requires some basic information like your full name, home country, email address, date of birth, and phone number.

Once you’ve got an account, you can then choose “India” from the list of countries. From there, select your recipient — or add a new one — and decide how much money you want to send. Be sure to account for any transfer fees.

Then, pick your payment and payout delivery methods. Your payment options include cash, credit card, debit card, and bank transfer. Payout options depend on whether you’re using the app or website, as well as which country you’re sending money from.

Review everything and start the transfer process. It typically takes anywhere from a few minutes to five business days for a transfer to go through. The exact timeline depends on your chosen payment and payout methods.

If you’d prefer a different way of sending money to India, you have other options as well. Just keep in mind that each of these options comes with its own timeliness, security features, and fees. Certain options might also not be available in specific countries — such as those beyond Canada or the U.S.

That being said, here are some of your options:

•Bank remittance: As long as you and your recipient have an active bank account, you can schedule a digital bank transfer. Bank transfers may be cheaper than credit or debit card transfers. However, this is one of the slower methods, so it’s generally best for those not in a rush.
•International money order: With an international money order, you can send your recipient an exact amount. Once they get it, they can exchange it for the listed cash value — sans any currency exchange fees that come with converting the amount to Indian rupees. Like bank transfers, sending a money order abroad can take a while. How long it takes depends on several factors, such as the sender’s country, the date the money order is sent, and the sending method. Expect this option to take at least a few days — if not weeks. Money orders might also get lost in the mail, so put tracking on yours to ensure it reaches its destination.
•Card or debit card transfer: If time is not on your side, you could schedule a credit or debit card transfer to your recipient in India. This method tends to be secure, but it can be pricey.

vishals

TF Buzz

How do I send money to India?​

When you’re sending money abroad, no matter the destination, it’s important to choose a method that offers maximum security and efficiency — especially if you’re in a hurry.

Perhaps the easiest way to send money to India is through an international money remittance service like Ria. We offer multiple options for you to send money to your recipient, including bank transfers and digital wallet deposits. We also have over 120,000 physical locations in and around India, making it easy for your recipient to pick up their money in person.

With Ria, you can send money to India using either the website or the app. If you do not already have an account, you can set one up online. The process does not take long and only requires some basic information like your full name, home country, email address, date of birth, and phone number.

Once you’ve got an account, you can then choose “India” from the list of countries. From there, select your recipient — or add a new one — and decide how much money you want to send. Be sure to account for any transfer fees.

Then, pick your payment and payout delivery methods. Your payment options include cash, credit card, debit card, and bank transfer. Payout options depend on whether you’re using the app or website, as well as which country you’re sending money from.

Review everything and start the transfer process. It typically takes anywhere from a few minutes to five business days for a transfer to go through. The exact timeline depends on your chosen payment and payout methods.

If you’d prefer a different way of sending money to India, you have other options as well. Just keep in mind that each of these options comes with its own timeliness, security features, and fees. Certain options might also not be available in specific countries — such as those beyond Canada or the U.S.

That being said, here are some of your options:

•Bank remittance: As long as you and your recipient have an active bank account, you can schedule a digital bank transfer. Bank transfers may be cheaper than credit or debit card transfers. However, this is one of the slower methods, so it’s generally best for those not in a rush.
•International money order: With an international money order, you can send your recipient an exact amount. Once they get it, they can exchange it for the listed cash value — sans any currency exchange fees that come with converting the amount to Indian rupees. Like bank transfers, sending a money order abroad can take a while. How long it takes depends on several factors, such as the sender’s country, the date the money order is sent, and the sending method. Expect this option to take at least a few days — if not weeks. Money orders might also get lost in the mail, so put tracking on yours to ensure it reaches its destination.
•Card or debit card transfer: If time is not on your side, you could schedule a credit or debit card transfer to your recipient in India. This method tends to be secure, but it can be pricey.
Here i can't install the app.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240524_201805_Google Play Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20240524_201805_Google Play Store.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 4