• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best way to spend on IRCTC Website?

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
Sorry, I didn't read your comment properly 🤣 Yes, Amazon thinks that Amazon is only one way to book train tickets. HDFC Smartbuy also will charge convenience fee on upcoming days.
If everyone starts charging convenience fee, then we'll go back to IRCTC and opt UPI.

Don't want to pay convenience fees twice (IRCTC & Platform as well). One is enough 😕

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
If everyone starts charging convenience fee, then we'll go back to IRCTC and opt UPI.

Don't want to pay convenience fees twice (IRCTC & Platform as well). One is enough 😕
You can use HDFC platinum Debit card which doesn't have any payment gateway charges. Through Smartbuy, you can use DC also and get accelerated rewards. But it has validity of 90 days only. Please see whether you can get Regalia or DCB and use Smartbuy to get 3x rewards though you will incur 1% + get as pg charges. Unless you go to UPI or IRCTC co branded cards, you can't escape IRCTC convenience fee.

You can use HDFC platinum Debit card which doesn't have any payment gateway charges. Through Smartbuy, you can use DC also and get accelerated rewards. But it has validity of 90 days only. Please see whether you can get Regalia or DCB and use Smartbuy to get 3x rewards though you will incur 1% + get as pg charges. Unless you go to UPI or IRCTC co branded cards, you can't escape IRCTC convenience fee.
Did you try with platinum debit card? How many days it takes to credit cashback on smartbuy irctc transaction? Millennia debit card cash back will be credited within 75 to 100 days and MoneyBack Credit Card cashback will be credited within 4 days for smartbuy transactions

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Did you try with platinum debit card? How many days it takes to credit cashback on smartbuy irctc transaction? Millennia debit card cash back will be credited within 75 to 100 days and MoneyBack Credit Card cashback will be credited within 4 days for smartbuy transactions
Yes I have used it for few months till I got my DCB. I think the debit card points came within 90 days. Good thing with promotional points is you can encash even one point but there is no alert on points credit.so one has to watch regularly and encash

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
Yes I have used it for few months till I got my DCB. I think the debit card points came within 90 days. Good thing with promotional points is you can encash even one point but there is no alert on points credit.so one has to watch regularly and encash
This 90 days timeline is what makes me think twice whether to book via smartbuy or not.

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
This 90 days timeline is what makes me think twice whether to book via smartbuy or not.
I think the regular cashback points will come within few days if you book directly in IRCTC website instead of Smartbuy. In any case I don't have anything to lose as I felt using HDFC debit card is the best if I don't want to pay the payment gateway charges and get something back 😜

SiddharthR

TF Ace
IMG_20230102_182029.jpg I had used HDFC Smartbuy for IRCTC Ticket booking and had to cancel all the ticket due too plan change.
HDFC Smartbuy is too good that they didn't even reverse the whole cashback...
{please correct Me if I miscalculated}

IMG_20230102_182537.jpg

IMG_20230102_182429.jpg IMG_20230102_182237.jpg

Last edited:

sameerdes

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi All,
I frequently travel by Indian Railways. Would like to know the best possible options to book train tickets.

I usually book tickets via UPI gateway as convenience fee is huge on cards.

Please do let me know. Thanks
Co branded cards I guess if you're a very frequent user. Else via Amazon using Reward Multipliers/GVs. Though I could notice Amazon too started charging fees recently.. but for high value transactions &/or premium cards it should still be ok.