• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best way to reach spend-based targets for non LTF cards?

rjsudeep

TF Premier
Hello guys,

Just wanted to know what is the best way to reach spend based fee waivers, considering I have many cards that are not LTF and I don't manage to achieve these spends.

I know rent payments is one way, but considering I don't really stay in a rented place, it could be dangerous to do so regularly. Also, the charges on rentpay basically nullify the benefit of fee waiver I get.

Can anyone help me with some good methods, not necessarily rotation (but even that is okay as long as it is not harmful!)

Thanks in advance!

Predator

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
load paytm wallet and transfer wallet amount to the bank. Most of the time there is some CB offer running which will takes care of around 90% of convenience charges. So, not a big loss
or else, you can use Yaper to meet milestones.

rjsudeep

TF Premier
load paytm wallet and transfer wallet amount to the bank. Most of the time there is some CB offer running which will takes care of around 90% of convenience charges. So, not a big loss
or else, you can use Yaper to meet milestones.
I don't have a KYCed paytm wallet due to some issue on their end. It says my KYC details are already registered. Tried a lot of times raising it to their higher ups but no use. I even sent all the documents they asked, but they close the issue saying resolved without actually doing anything.

Within my limits, tried transfers, but I don't get any offers that make it worthwhile.

As for Yaper, have heard of many people's cards being blocked by the issuers. :(

Predator

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
You can use your friend's paytm for this purpose. I recently added 30k (15 in one account and 15 in other) . Paytm charged 700 extra and received 600 as CB.
Keep checking paytm app of everyone around you for such offers.
I don't have a KYC paytm wallet due to some issue on their end. It says my KYC details are already registered. Tried a lot of times raising it to their higher ups but no use. I even sent all the documents they asked, but they close the issue saying resolved without actually doing anything.

Within my limits, tried transfers, but I don't get any offers that make it worthwhile.

As for Yaper, have heard of many people's cards being blocked by the issuers. :(
R

rjsudeep

TF Premier
You can use your friend's paytm for this purpose. I recently added 30k (15 in one account and 15 in other) . Paytm charged 700 extra and received 600 as CB.
Keep checking paytm app of everyone around you for such offers.

R
Oh okay. I did it a few months ago with one of my friend's accounts. Three months it worked, fourth month onward it didnt let him use CC to load wallet saying suspicious behaviour detected :/

vysakh

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
What is your strategy for holding so many cards that have annual fee, for which you won't reach the spend based waiver? If the offers and discounts don't make up for the annual fee, it might not be worth holding the card. Same thing, if you're gonna have to manufacture spends to hit the fee waiver.

rjsudeep

TF Premier
What is your strategy for holding so many cards that have annual fee, for which you won't reach the spend based waiver? If the offers and discounts don't make up for the annual fee, it might not be worth holding the card. Same thing, if you're gonna have to manufacture spends to hit the fee waiver.
Honestly, I might sound like a noob while answering this but I just like exploring new credit cards, and have a habit of collecting cards. Usually aim for LTF, but just to get my first card from a particular bank or for an upgrade, I am okay with annual fees.

Was holding an RBL SuperCard Platinum which the agent had fooled me into getting a few years back saying its LTF but was actually charged 999++ per year. Recently, got a LE and upgrade to SuperCard World, which costs 2999++.

Have SBI SimplyClick and SimplySave which are both 499++ each, but I tend to use them during sales occasionally.

Had an HDFC TimesCard as my first ever credit card, which was recently upgraded to Millenia but not LTF and non-convertible. Used to achieve spend-based waivers on the TimesCard earlier, so no issues there.

Have an ICICI Amazon Pay, but planning to get a MakeMyTrip Signature, which costs 2499++, and spend based waiver is needed there.

Most other cards I hold are LTF, including OneCard BOB, IDFC Wealth, Yes Prosperity Edge, Axis Flipkart and Axis MyZone, RBL Zomato Edition Classic, BOB Premier etc.

vysakh

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I just like exploring new credit cards, and have a habit of collecting cards. Usually aim for LTF, but just to get my first card from a particular bank or for an upgrade, I am okay with annual fees.
Fair enough.

Do try asking the CC to waive off the annual fee for the year (instead of asking directly for LTF). Some banks do honour it, especially if you've some decent spends on the card or you have a good relationship with the bank.

rjsudeep

TF Premier
Fair enough.

Do try asking the CC to waive off the annual fee for the year (instead of asking directly for LTF). Some banks do honour it, especially if you've some decent spends on the card or you have a good relationship with the bank.
Been doing that regularly and successfully for RBI, but RBL is the biggest pain. They refuse to budge.

srai98

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Honestly, I might sound like a noob while answering this but I just like exploring new credit cards, and have a habit of collecting cards. Usually aim for LTF, but just to get my first card from a particular bank or for an upgrade, I am okay with annual fees.

Was holding an RBL SuperCard Platinum which the agent had fooled me into getting a few years back saying its LTF but was actually charged 999++ per year. Recently, got a LE and upgrade to SuperCard World, which costs 2999++.

Have SBI SimplyClick and SimplySave which are both 499++ each, but I tend to use them during sales occasionally.

Had an HDFC TimesCard as my first ever credit card, which was recently upgraded to Millenia but not LTF and non-convertible. Used to achieve spend-based waivers on the TimesCard earlier, so no issues there.

Have an ICICI Amazon Pay, but planning to get a MakeMyTrip Signature, which costs 2499++, and spend based waiver is needed there.

Most other cards I hold are LTF, including OneCard BOB, IDFC Wealth, Yes Prosperity Edge, Axis Flipkart and Axis MyZone, RBL Zomato Edition Classic, BOB Premier etc.
MMT signature does not have annual fee. It only has joining fee of 2500+GST