• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Way to Pay Credit Card Bill: 2% Cashback & More with Fi Debit Card

Jaduuu

TF Buzz
Hey folks,

Just wanted to drop in and share something I've found super helpful. If you're like me and have a credit card bill to tackle each month, here's a cool way to get 2% cashback using your Fi debit card.

Let's say you've got a credit card bill of ₹25,000. You can actually score a cool ₹500 cashback if you pay it through Cheq using your Fi debit card. Here's the rundown:

First, you need to keep a minimum balance of ₹50,000 in your account. Doing so gets you the 'Infinite Status' on Fi, which comes with a ton of perks, including 2% cashback through UPI (only on the Fi App) or your Debit Card. You can score a max cashback of ₹50 per transaction and ₹500 per month. They'll add this cashback to your account by the end of each month.

The catch is, to make the most of this cashback, you need to do 10 separate transactions of ₹2500 each through Cheq using your Fi Debit Card. Yes, it's a bit of a hassle, but the cashback makes it worth it. Just remember, Cheq charges a small processing fee of 0.2%, so that's ₹50 for a total bill of ₹25,000.

Besides the cashback, there are some other neat perks to the Fi Infinite Status:

You get Fi Coins - around 10,000 of them if you follow these steps. You can use these to win prizes or earn guaranteed cash rewards. And often, there's an offer where you can get ₹50 cashback for 2 debit card transactions of at least ₹100. It costs around 1699 Fi Coins, which pretty much covers your Cheq processing fee.

You also earn 250 Cheq points, which you can trade in for cash (4 points = ₹1) or gift vouchers (1 point = ₹1/₹0.5).

And here's a biggie - Fi Infinite Status means 0% forex charges with no cap. In my experience, Federal Bank usually has better forex rates than HDFC, ICICI, and other banks.

But here's something to bear in mind: If you make multiple transactions on the same website, your debit card might be paused for a short while.

I'm just sharing what's been working for me - you might find other ways to maximize cashback or rewards on your credit card bill payments. Just to be clear, this isn't a promo for Fi. I've been using Fi for a while now, and so far, it's been smooth sailing. But I've heard some folks say that Fi has temporarily blocked accounts and held funds. It hasn't happened to me, and I've done more than 10L+ transactions through the Fi App.

So there you go! A way to pay your credit card bill, earn some cashback, and get a few other perks. It's been a win for me, and I hope it works for you too!

If you have any questions or experiences to share, let's hear them. Here's to spending smart and saving even smarter!

Last edited:

lucifer

TF Premier
TF Family
VIP Lounge

cooltechno

TF Buzz
Hey folks,

Just wanted to drop in and share something I've found super helpful. If you're like me and have a credit card bill to tackle each month, here's a cool way to get 2% cashback using your Fi debit card.

Let's say you've got a credit card bill of ₹25,000. You can actually score a cool ₹500 cashback if you pay it through Cheq using your Fi debit card. Here's the rundown:

First, you need to keep a minimum balance of ₹50,000 in your account. Doing so gets you the 'Infinite Status' on Fi, which comes with a ton of perks, including 2% cashback through UPI (only on the Fi App) or your Debit Card. You can score a max cashback of ₹50 per transaction and ₹500 per month. They'll add this cashback to your account by the end of each month.

The catch is, to make the most of this cashback, you need to do 10 separate transactions of ₹2500 each through Cheq using your Fi Debit Card. Yes, it's a bit of a hassle, but the cashback makes it worth it. Just remember, Cheq charges a small processing fee of 0.2%, so that's ₹50 for a total bill of ₹25,000.

Besides the cashback, there are some other neat perks to the Fi Infinite Status:

You get Fi Coins - around 10,000 of them if you follow these steps. You can use these to win prizes or earn guaranteed cash rewards. And often, there's an offer where you can get ₹50 cashback for 2 debit card transactions of at least ₹100. It costs around 1699 Fi Coins, which pretty much covers your Cheq processing fee.

You also earn 250 Cheq points, which you can trade in for cash (4 points = ₹1) or gift vouchers (1 point = ₹1/₹0.5).

And here's a biggie - Fi Infinite Status means 0% forex charges with no cap. In my experience, Federal Bank usually has better forex rates than HDFC, ICICI, and other banks.

But here's something to bear in mind: If you make multiple transactions on the same website, your debit card might be paused for a short while.

I'm just sharing what's been working for me - you might find other ways to maximize cashback or rewards on your credit card bill payments. Just to be clear, this isn't a promo for Fi. I've been using Fi for a while now, and so far, it's been smooth sailing. But I've heard some folks say that Fi has temporarily blocked accounts and held funds. It hasn't happened to me, and I've done more than 10L+ transactions through the Fi App.

So there you go! A way to pay your credit card bill, earn some cashback, and get a few other perks. It's been a win for me, and I hope it works for you too!

If you have any questions or experiences to share, let's hear them. Here's to spending smart and saving even smarter!
Dude this works, I have also been doing it. Thought it was a glitch at first. Lemme also share with you, it works on IndusInd Bank Account payments too! But I'm just worried Fi may block our accounts, read a lot. Do you know why people's accounts are getting blocked? And have they been able to recover them?

anonymuos

TF Ace
"If you make multiple transactions on the same website, your debit card might be paused for a short while."

"to make the most of this cashback, you need to do 10 separate transactions of ₹2500 each through Cheq using your Fi Debit Card."

These two rules go against each other. So if I make multiple credit card bill payments in small amounts so each gives ₹50, they can block my DC?

TheMentalist

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
"If you make multiple transactions on the same website, your debit card might be paused for a short while."

"to make the most of this cashback, you need to do 10 separate transactions of ₹2500 each through Cheq using your Fi Debit Card."

These two rules go against each other. So if I make multiple credit card bill payments in small amounts so each gives ₹50, they can block my DC?
I guess only 5 per day are allowed, so you have to complete 10 tnx in 2 days

AritraSaha

TF Legend
Hey folks,

In one nice sunny morning, you might see ' account freeze due to unusual activity ' 🥶🥶

That will ruin my day.😩

Happened with one of my friend, he usually keep 50-100rs.
I don't know what kind of crypto trade he have done with ₹100.Lol

Shraaj

TF Premier
You will not get on paytm/mobikwik, they are excluded in T&C.
is Fi Debit Card and Fi UPI Directly via CRED App are two different Offers, because I have done 2 Transaction of 2500Rs each. One is by using Cred on Fi App and Second is by using Fi Debit Card on CheQ App.

Because, 2% upto 50Rs means to Utilise the full Offer we need to do 10 Trx of 2500 each. But,I just need one clarification is it applicable on both Fi App (Direct) UPI and Fi Debit Card Separate Transaction like 5Trx for UPI and rest 5 are from Debit Card. Or you can use any of these but Maximum Cashback will be given 500Rs.

Kindly Clarify, Thanks!

@simplewarrior @cooltechno @Jaduuu
@Chaitanya-a @satish0987

simplewarrior

TF Premier
is Fi Debit Card and Fi UPI Directly via CRED App are two different Offers, because I have done 2 Transaction of 2500Rs each. One is by using Cred on Fi App and Second is by using Fi Debit Card on CheQ App.

Because, 2% upto 50Rs means to Utilise the full Offer we need to do 10 Trx of 2500 each. But,I just need one clarification is it applicable on both Fi App (Direct) UPI and Fi Debit Card Separate Transaction like 5Trx for UPI and rest 5 are from Debit Card. Or you can use any of these but Maximum Cashback will be given 500Rs.

Kindly Clarify, Thanks!

@simplewarrior @cooltechno @Jaduuu
@Chaitanya-a @satish0987
There is only 1 offer of 2% cashback upto 500 which can be achieved either by DC or FI UPI. You can use either option to complete the offer.

Yes, you can do 5 txn with UPI and rest 5 with DC.

Why do we need to do 5 transactions with debit card and get our debit card blocked temporarily? We can claim the offer by doing 10-20 transactions via Fi app upi via cred or cheq right? please confirm this.