• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best way to make insurance payments?

cch

TF Select
I have 2 insurance payments coming up in July, 60k and 2L. What's the best way to make this payment?

Amazon no longer allows remaining payment to be made using credit cards.

I have Magnus, Eterna, Amex Plat Travel, MRCC, SBI Cashback and Vistara Infinite cards.

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
I have 2 insurance payments coming up in July, 60k and 2L. What's the best way to make this payment?

Amazon no longer allows remaining payment to be made using credit cards.

I have Magnus, Eterna, Amex Plat Travel, MRCC, SBI Cashback and Vistara Infinite cards.
You can try to accumulate Amazon Pay voucher from their respective credit card gift portal. This way at least you will earn some decent points. Using S*I CB* make a small transaction and check if you are getting any CB* on Ama*on, if it works make a bigger transaction. And for next year's premium try accumulating from July onwards.

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
You can try to accumulate Amazon Pay voucher from their respective credit card gift portal. This way at least you will earn some decent points. Using S*I CB* make a small transaction and check if you are getting any CB* on Ama*on, if it works make a bigger transaction. And for next year's premium try accumulating from July onwards.
While making insurance payments check the description of merchant there. If Amazon Pay is displayed you won't get any CB, if Amazon In is displayed you can get CB. But Amazon has stopped accepting payments using credit cards for Insurance payments.

Only way is to pay on Insurance website using Vistara Infinite as it is counted towards your milestone benefits and hope you get some CV points for the same (CV points has to be confirmed by someone, else I can confirm after 25th June 2023 as I have done transaction this month only)

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
While making insurance payments check the description of merchant there. If Amazon Pay is displayed you won't get any CB, if Amazon In is displayed you can get CB. But Amazon has stopped accepting payments using credit cards for Insurance payments.

Only way is to pay on Insurance website using Vistara Infinite as it is counted towards your milestone benefits and hope you get some CV points for the same (CV points has to be confirmed by someone, else I can confirm after 25th June 2023 as I have done transaction this month only)
My comment was not for making the payment using the card, rather purchase GV using S*I Ca*d.

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
My comment was not for making the payment using the card, rather purchase GV using S*I Ca*d.
You've mentioned "Using S*I CB* make a small transaction and check if you are getting any CB* on Ama*on, if it works make a bigger transaction", so was thinking of making insurance payments or general txns. That's ok, got your point.

Akashgore10

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi..I have Amex plat travel..I am taking a new health insurance of 80k…how can I make this payment and still receive MR points as Amex doesn’t give on insurance

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
But can I pay for a new insurance through Amazon pay?
You can use Amazon Pay, if your Insurer is on the list and make the payment on Amazon app or website using Amazon Pay.

Edit:- Not sure about the new insurance part, but you can use Amazon pay for renewal.

Last edited:

yashvijay

TF Buzz
You can use Amazon Pay, if your Insurer is on the list and make the payment on Amazon app or website using Amazon Pay.

Edit:- Not sure about the new insurance part, but you can use Amazon pay for renewal.
Hi

I was going through similar posts and wanted to know if there was a way to pay for insurance if it was not registered with Amazon. I have a 50k premium due from New India Assurance Ltd. and it is not listed with Amazon.

I have axis Magnus & DCB as the highest rewarding card in my credit card portfolio.
Was thinking of getting Amex plat travel after magnus devaluation but not sure if insurance payment will be counted towards milestone benifits.

Any other way to bypass Amex's restriction on insurance and still get the MR points or any other suggestion would be helpful.

Thank you once again for your insightful posts and replies!

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
Hi

I was going through similar posts and wanted to know if there was a way to pay for insurance if it was not registered with Amazon. I have a 50k premium due from New India Assurance Ltd. and it is not listed with Amazon.

I have axis Magnus & DCB as the highest rewarding card in my credit card portfolio.
Was thinking of getting Amex plat travel after magnus devaluation but not sure if insurance payment will be counted towards milestone benifits.

Any other way to bypass Amex's restriction on insurance and still get the MR points or any other suggestion would be helpful.

I'm not familiar with Amex cards, but I can connect you with the right person, @Walter White .

Hi

The only reason you would use amazon to pay insurance is if you have a millennia card that gives 5% upto 20k with agv and 20k through smart buy, you won't gain anything with Amazon for paying insurance with any other card...

zealsid

TF Select
Hi

In Amex travel plat, insurance payment is counted towards milestone benefit. Did a 3 L transaction yesterday itself and got milestone benefit for crossing 1.9 lac. MR points won't be credited for insurance, only milestone based MR points.

Sunil R

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
In Amex travel plat, insurance payment is counted towards milestone benefit. Did a 3 L transaction yesterday itself and got milestone benefit for crossing 1.9 lac. MR points won't be credited for insurance, only milestone based MR points.
via Amazon pay or insurance website ??? most of the sites wont accept amex cards

yashvijay

TF Buzz
Hey, just wanted to ask that is Amazon pay voucher still available on Amex's reward multiplier? Even if not reward multiplier, normal apay voucher can be bought and used for gold card's milestone.