• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

CV Points Best way to go to DUBAI using axis ER points

Proffesor

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi,
I have around 2L axis ER points. I want to plan a trip to Dubai in this novumber. Which is best airline to convert my points. I want to travel in ECONOMY. Please suggest me the best airline.

saketreddy

TF Premier
If anyone has edge rewards and want to travel to dubai and experience emirates first class, then check out qantas miles program. One way costs 64k to dxb. Also good availability next month, both to dxb and europe.

QUIKSILVER27

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Cheapest option is to book revenue ticket with Indigo or spicejet and use your points for hotels through accor.

If you want to use your points only for flights then vistara will be your best bet with 32000 CV points plus taxes for return economy ticket, though this option doesnt offer best value per point as compared to hotels.

Proffesor

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Cheapest option is to book revenue ticket with Indigo or spicejet and use your points for hotels through accor.

If you want to use your points only for flights then vistara will be your best bet with 32000 CV points plus taxes for return economy ticket, though this option doesnt offer best value per point as compared to hotels.
it's showing 41k points and 6k+ taxes 2 way. on 20 to 27 nov dates.

yahnit

TF Buzz
RML Group
VIP Lounge
For dubai, you should any day prefer booking flights through cash (through Infinia(18% return) or Magnus(12.5% return)) and use the points for Accor redemptions

drsel

TF Legend
Untitled.jpg
The problem is in return flight on 27th November, Economy award seats are not available.. you can book only the mumbai to dubai one for 16000 CV points
This is a problem with Vistara --hardly any availability for economy award seats.

So you should always transfer to Accor and forget Vistara because there are so many Vistara credit cards issued and they all need to book seats.

Also Vistara has only two award seats on a flight and that too not on all flights

drsel

TF Legend
For dubai, you should any day prefer booking flights through cash (through Infinia(18% return) or Magnus(12.5% return)) and use the points for Accor redemptions
Infinia returns are 13.5 to 14% because you need to pay 30% by card for the second transaction which utilizes the 16.67% reward points received on the first transaction. (Max 15000 on 90000)

Magnus returns are closer to 12% but the airfare may be 10% higher on Traveledge (compared to Cleartrip after including discount and convenience fee)

Magnus burgundy returns are closer to 24% but the airfare may be 10% higher on Traveledge (compared to Cleartrip after including discount and convenience fee)

captaintorchtm

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Just booked my Dubai trip using Axis ER and AMEX MR (For 2 Pax)
Marriot 7 nights in Dubai (MR 30% bonus - Residence inn Sheikh Zayed Road - Residence inn bcoz of free breakfast - 1.3L points)
Wyndham 1 night Abu Dhabi (HDFC Regalia Gold Transfer - 7.5k points fixed rate on Wyndham)
Vistara BOM-DXB PE 54k CVs + 6k tax and AUH-BOM Eco 32k CVs + 7k tax return. (to flight PE upgraded to BIZ using upgrade vouchers, Return flight upgraded to PE using upgrade vouchers - Vistara gold)

(not sure about my travel for next 2-3 years hence burning all the points here, could have been 30% or more cheaper)