• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best transfer partner for Newzealand travel

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi,

Planning to have Mumbai Newzealand trip sometime in next 12-18 months. Group of 4 so most likely (depending on availability of rewards points for transfer and availability of awards seats with airlines) will be economy only or best case business class one way and economy one way.

1) Wanted to understand from experts here which airlines should I focus on for this redemption so that I can maximise transfer if any bonus transfer offers come in next 12 months.

2) And generally do we get 4 awards seats in business together or that is difficult so for me it would be better to think for economy seats only which i am assuming will have better availability.

Thanks

amit

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi,

Planning to have Mumbai Newzealand trip sometime in next 12-18 months. Group of 4 so most likely (depending on availability of rewards points for transfer and availability of awards seats with airlines) will be economy only or best case business class one way and economy one way.

1) Wanted to understand from experts here which airlines should I focus on for this redemption so that I can maximise transfer if any bonus transfer offers come in next 12 months.

2) And generally do we get 4 awards seats in business together or that is difficult so for me it would be better to think for economy seats only which i am assuming will have better availability.

Thanks
ask @jay for more details, he just came from down under.

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi,

Thanks
@jay @Tejas any suggestions?

Rajeev

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I think krisflyer is a pretty good option. You can check united mileage plus, turkish miles and smiles for any option from partner airlines in star alliance. The same applies for qatar airlines privilege club for any partners in one world alliance. According to award hacker ANA Mileage Club has the lowest miles requirement. If you have transfer option to ANA, then it's worth checking out.

Tejas

TF Premier
Airmiles Expert
Credit Card Expert
Hi,

Thanks
Depends a lot on what cards you have.

Finding the right Airmiles program for a destination is not just about which program has the lowest mileage requirement. Its a combination of Miles Requirement, Earning Avenues (Credit Cards, Flying & Other Avenues) & Decent Availability of Award Tickets.

For me, Singapore Airlines ticks all the boxes for New Zealand.

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Depends a lot on what cards you have.

Finding the right Airmiles program for a destination is not just about which program has the lowest mileage requirement. Its a combination of Miles Requirement, Earning Avenues (Credit Cards, Flying & Other Avenues) & Decent Availability of Award Tickets.

For me, Singapore Airlines ticks all the boxes for New Zealand.
Thanks.

I have Magnus, Amex (mrcc & plat travel), Diners Black.

Looking to travel 12 months from today so should be able to accumulate required points in Magnus and Amex. Diners usage has gone down post devaluations but already have 80k points.

Family of 4 so business class might be difficult i am guessing from availability view so might have to take economy.

gurbina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thanks.

I have Magnus, Amex (mrcc & plat travel), Diners Black.

Looking to travel 12 months from today so should be able to accumulate required points in Magnus and Amex. Diners usage has gone down post devaluations but already have 80k points.

Family of 4 so business class might be difficult i am guessing from availability view so might have to take economy.
I can see there's not many options from India to NZ or they involve different alliances/airlines and several stops.

Seems like the easiest way to score the 4 award seats in biz to NZ might be with Qatar Airways, but I'm unable to see the taxes. But it might be costly at over 200k points per pax plus whatever taxes which could be also sky high.

I'd advice you to split it:

Fly to Singapore or Hong Kong then to New Zealand.
Or better yet, fly to Australia and then to NZ.

Splitting the trip might be cheaper than QR depending on the airline or how you plan it, but that way you'll definitely score the 4 business class seats as you can redeem them via two different airlines and also have more flexibility.

Reactions: CVR

gabu

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thai, malaysia, cathay, singapore, qantas are few airlines that fly to nz.
But you'll need transit visa for qantas so leave that out.

Reactions: CVR

akf

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi,

Thanks
Hi, you mind sharing the plan ? Did you also consider and rejected the notion of stretching for Australia ?

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi, you mind sharing the plan ? Did you also consider and rejected the notion of stretching for Australia ?
Not done the trip yet. Will do in 2024. Mostly will do with Singapore Airlines economy as getting 4 business is quite difficult. NZ itself will take 2 weeks, no point clubbing Australia with it unless u have 4 weeks.

Reactions: akf