• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Fastag after Paytm Fastag closure

rohitpgarg

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Now that paytm fastag is shutdown, what are good choices for fastag?

The wallet + fastag combined offering from paytm was really good. Is there any other option like that?

gauravbhati

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
This is no longer applicable, they have removed the apay wallet option

How can I recharge my Amazon Pay ICICI BANK FASTag?
You can recharge your FASTag on both the Amazon app and on ICICI BANK FASTag portal. Path on Amazon: Open Amazon App -> Tap on 'Amazon Pay' icon -> Tap on 'Amazon Pay ICICI BANK FASTag' icon -> Click on 'Select Fastag issuing bank' -> Choose 'ICICI Bank' -> Enter VRN number and amount and complete recharge.

Just checked ! Shocking... I bought just for the Apay wallet thing. Never thought they'll change their wallet policy so early!

imrtbpsp

TF Buzz
Is there any way to get them to refund the ₹100 charge also? I still have the original invoice... 😅
Only Minimum Security Balance i.e 150 (same for everyone ) and Refundable Security Deposit i.e 250 (may be different for different user) will be credit to your wallet after fastag clouser confirmation usually within week. Issuance fee 100 (Including GST) will not be refund.

imrtbpsp

TF Buzz
I think paytm will not let go wallet business so easily. They earn so much from wallet business. They will partner with some bank to link paytm wallet with bank's escrow account. That's the reason I have not closed my fastag yet. Even if wallet gets closed, my fastag deposit will be refunded automatically or it will be ported to some other partner fastag provider.
Mera bhi yahi sochna tha even Paytm customer care walo ne bhi bola ki aap wait kariye hum koi alternate solution nikal rahe hai ..but Paytm FAQ mein likha aur others portal par Paytm khul bol raha hai ki asuvidha se bachne ke liye aap dusre bank ke fasta6par switch kar lein...
Finally maine bhi Paytm Fastag close kar diya...
Ab is thread mein best option ki talash jaari hai...

Tazact

TF Select
Hopefully this post may benefit. I was on Paytm FT for last 2-3 years and moved around Nov last year to Amazon ICICI fastag (primarily because it was giving some issues intermittently). Ordered on Amazon. FT got delivered in a week and have been using it since. 2-3 advantages i could see immediately.

1,. Using imobile app can recharge seamlessly using ICICI CCs without any charges. If you have multiple ICICI CCs you get pts as well i think. Apay anyway gives 1% as CB.

2. Apay tag can be used to pay for fuel loads at petrol pumps (have heard this but not used it till now as i have a normal fuel CC card anyway)

3. Many recharge offers on Park+ do work and there are no exclusions like paytm and airtel fastags.

4. ICICI have a detailed fastag portal - https://fastaglogin.icicibank.com/ - was surprised to see so much work behind this and was impressed with ICICI bank developers for doing this. Whether useful or not is another matter but it did look good once logged in.

Negatives: You can't withdraw the wallet balance to bank like Paytm which many used to do i guess.

Overall happy with the Amazon icici fasttag
You can't recharge AmazonIcici FT by Amazon Pay Balance (Gift & Voucher) so No Paytm like comfort. Only Amazon Pay(UPI) works.

Tazact

TF Select
The best benefit of Paytm FASTag was that I simply used to add money to wallet, and both my car’s FASTags used the same wallet balance.

Are you aware if any other FASTag provider has that kind of capability? Where I can reload money in a single wallet and 2 different fastags should be able to use that wallet’s balance
Amazon Icici Fastag

Tazact

TF Select
But the Amazon Pay Fastag is not showing that the deduction will be done from Apay Wallet. Even they removed this Apay wallet thing from their FAQs.
No Amazon Wallet Deduction like Oaytm. Wallet. You have to do simple recharge of Amazon ICICI FT by Amazon Pay(UPI only) or Imobile banking of icici where you can use your icici cc to recharge FT.

gauravbhati

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
No Amazon Wallet Deduction like Oaytm. Wallet. You have to do simple recharge of Amazon ICICI FT by Amazon Pay(UPI only) or Imobile banking of icici where you can use your icici cc to recharge FT.

Ya I'm recharging it using the eToll app now.

venkateshr

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You can't recharge AmazonIcici FT by Amazon Pay Balance (Gift & Voucher) so No Paytm like comfort. Only Amazon Pay(UPI) works.
I recharge using ICICI CC. Never tried using AZ pay balance. But for the small monthly usage this works well

imrtbpsp

TF Buzz
I was a Paytm Fastag user till yesterday😔. Now I am looking for a new Fastag with features like Paytm, where there is no need to recharge the Fastag separately, toll is directly deducted from the wallet and it is easy to view transactions and manage the Fastag.
I have HDFC account and credit card. I am a regular Paytm user (huge fan) and also use Payzapp which gives Rs 20 cashback on every small payment made monthly. I also have an Amazon Pay (full KYC) account to use the vouchers I receive as gifts for achieving credit card milestones, but the features are so cluttered here in Amazon Pay so I don't use it often.
I don't want to install another app just to recharge new fastag and check balance. Currently, after Paytm, I am thinking of getting HDFC Fastag. What is your advice? Thank you

gauravbhati

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I was a Paytm Fastag user till yesterday😔. Now I am looking for a new Fastag with features like Paytm, where there is no need to recharge the Fastag separately, toll is directly deducted from the wallet and it is easy to view transactions and manage the Fastag.
I have HDFC account and credit card. I am a regular Paytm user (huge fan) and also use Payzapp which gives Rs 20 cashback on every small payment made monthly. I also have an Amazon Pay (full KYC) account to use the vouchers I receive as gifts for achieving credit card milestones, but the features are so cluttered here in Amazon Pay so I don't use it often.
I don't want to install another app just to recharge new fastag and check balance. Currently, after Paytm, I am thinking of getting HDFC Fastag. What is your advice? Thank you

Same issue I faced, didn't wanted to go for other apps and all, so opted for Amazon ICICI Fastag but now they do not have facility of wallet payments for fastag. Anyway you can go with ICICI or HDFC both are fine, you have to recharge them manually.

Tazact

TF Select
Mera bhi yahi sochna tha even Paytm customer care walo ne bhi bola ki aap wait kariye hum koi alternate solution nikal rahe hai ..but Paytm FAQ mein likha aur others portal par Paytm khul bol raha hai ki asuvidha se bachne ke liye aap dusre bank ke fasta6par switch kar lein...
Finally maine bhi Paytm Fastag close kar diya...
Ab is thread mein best option ki talash jaari hai...
Whats the point of sailing in storm? Close the Paytm Ft order another new one instantly & drive without any worry.
If Paytm resumes repeat the process again. Why taking so much stress in this faceless digital world