• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best credit cards for taxes payment (like GST and income tax)?

divyam_taparia

TF Select
With the recent devaluations to axis bank cards i'm in search of a new credit card for tax payments? I want to pay taxes using direct government websites and not gateways like phonepe etc
Also I have no included amex CC in discussion as I don't think they are accepted directly on government portals.

I have come across two which i found to be lucrative.

1. SBI vistara card - 4CV points per 200 spend (2%). Payments processing fee when using income tax website around .91% so effective reward rate of 1% in case ur able to extract 1:1 on miles.
  2. HSBC Premier card- Redeemable at 4 transfer partners in 1:1 reward ratio. I would have gotten this but only catch is there's no branch in my city and you need to have a premier account with them.
  3. Can someone suggest any better cards out there?

drsel

TF Legend
With the recent devaluations to axis bank cards i'm in search of a new credit card for tax payments? I want to pay taxes using direct government websites and not gateways like phonepe etc
Also I have no included amex CC in discussion as I don't think they are accepted directly on government portals.

I have come across two which i found to be lucrative.

1. SBI vistara card - 4CV points per 200 spend (2%). Payments processing fee when using income tax website around .91% so effective reward rate of 1% in case ur able to extract 1:1 on miles.
  2. HSBC Premier card- Redeemable at 4 transfer partners in 1:1 reward ratio. I would have gotten this but only catch is there's no branch in my city and you need to have a premier account with them.
  3. Can someone suggest any better cards out there?
1. CV points are worth about 50 to 60 Paisa for economy class. So effective return of 0.09-- 0.29%.
And award seats in economy class are very difficult to get for your choice of date and time and sector.
CV points they are worth more only if you book business class.

Last edited:

techt

TF Legend
1. CV points are worth about 50 to 60 Paisa for economy class. So effective return of 0.09-- 0.29%.
And award seats in economic class are very difficult to get for your choice of date and time and sector.
CV points they are worth more only if you book business class.
How is this in smartbuy in @SSV

Last edited:

techt

TF Legend
Kotak White Reserve and White will give you rewards in the form of White Pass, where one point = one INR. You can get rewards between 2 to MAX 2.5% depending on spends. White pass can be used for redeeming APay/ jewelry/ luxury vouchers, flight/hotel booking too.
Interesting and a good find. Thank you for the explanation.

Kotak White Reserve​

Earn value on crossing every spend-milestone

Spends Milestone*White Pass earnsTotal White Pass Value
3L₹ 5,000₹ 5,000
10L₹ 15,000₹ 20,000
20L₹ 22,000₹ 42,000

Earn White Pass value on crossing every spend milestone
My queries :
  1. There is no such thing as regular reward rate. Only milestone benefits are considered. Is this correct ?
  2. Are there any exclusions ? Mainly I am looking at advance taxes, school fee which can easily hit 10L
  3. AGV for whitepass is really good 1:1 conversion.

Last edited:

sid16

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Interesting and a good find. Thank you for the explanation.

Kotak White Reserve​

Earn value on crossing every spend-milestone

Spends Milestone*White Pass earnsTotal White Pass Value
3L₹ 5,000₹ 5,000
10L₹ 15,000₹ 20,000
20L₹ 22,000₹ 42,000

Earn White Pass value on crossing every spend milestone
My queries :
  1. There is no such thing as regular reward rate. Only milestone benefits are considered. Is this correct ?
  2. Are there any exclusions ? Mainly I am looking at advance taxes, school fee which can easily hit 10L
  3. AGV for whitepass is really good 1:1 conversion.

1. Yes, correct, no base reward rate, only White Pass value achieved on crossing milestones.
2. Currently I haven't faced any exclusions. Simple structure which includes spends of all categories. I have tried advance tax so can vouch for the same. Haven't tried School Fees.
3. Yes, I had redeemed my full White Pass against APay voucher.

The negative points of Kotak White card is that after spend of 12L, it is completely useless, no rewards whatsoever.

White Reserve kind of does better, but the milestone windows get crazy as you move up. This has discouraged me from upgrading to White Reserve as of now.

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
1. Yes, correct, no base reward rate, only White Pass value achieved on crossing milestones.
2. Currently I haven't faced any exclusions. Simple structure which includes spends of all categories. I have tried advance tax so can vouch for the same. Haven't tried School Fees.
3. Yes, I had redeemed my full White Pass against APay voucher.

The negative points of Kotak White card is that after spend of 12L, it is completely useless, no rewards whatsoever.

White Reserve kind of does better, but the milestone windows get crazy as you move up. This has discouraged me from upgrading to White Reserve as of now.
You get around 1.5% if you reach the milestone. You pay around 1% in processing fee. Hardly worth it.

drsel

TF Legend
White pass value is 1:1 for Amazon .so you get 27k worth agv.
Kotak White (not white reserve) gives 27000 Amazon pay for 12 lacs tax payment.
So 2.25% in the form of Amazon gift voucher and 1.18% fees which is a net return of 1.07% correct?

For IDFC Select credit card what is the calculation?