• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Credit card for medical spends category

the_dark_knight

TF Ace
Contributor
I am looking for a credit card which is personalised for spends on medical category like hospital bills, doctor/clinic payments, pharmacies payments for medicine purchases etc.

As per my research, I couldn't find any credit card in the market right now. Axis Bank has their Aura credit card but that doesn't provide any additional/accelerated reward points/benefits for the payments which I mentioned above. Basically that's just a normal card they are selling with some online doctor consultation services which is useless.

I think since medical spends is a mcc in itself, banks should come up with a dedicated cobranded or personalised credit card for the same like we already have it for groceries, travel, dining etc.nowadays.

Please let me know if there is any cc available in the market right now which I might be not aware of or can be added to this thread when such card is launched.

prankster

TF Buzz
1MG offers 20% off upto 400 each Wednesday on kotak DC, but still can't beat Truemeds prices for medicines in most cases. Although their order process is a bit weird.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Looking at the way things are happening at AXES, we should not dare to take Health / medical related AXES card to claim accelerated Edge Rewards..
IF taken, you know what happens..
AXES guys will send an email to produce invoices to the HELL / HEAVEN (if something undesirable thing happens) or otherwise our CC will be cancelled and Reward redemption will be suspended...

Note:
The noticee will be sent
to HELL - to all the social media influencers, rotaters, abusers etc..
to HEAVEN - to all the genuine spenders,
;) ;)

So gist is, take any helath / medical card except AXES card, if exists !!!

Dinse4554

TF Buzz
At this time Yes Reserv looks good with subscription plan. Online Hospital expenses will be 15% and Offline will be 7.5% with travel redemptions. It will break even at >50K expense

Screenshot 2024-01-02 at 11.22.52 PM.png
Hello. I'm new here, can you guide me on where you found the above table from? I have an upcoming large hospital payment to be made, and looking for the best credit card to pay it via.

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I am looking for a credit card which is personalised for spends on medical category like hospital bills, doctor/clinic payments, pharmacies payments for medicine purchases etc.

As per my research, I couldn't find any credit card in the market right now. Axis Bank has their Aura credit card but that doesn't provide any additional/accelerated reward points/benefits for the payments which I mentioned above. Basically that's just a normal card they are selling with some online doctor consultation services which is useless.

I think since medical spends is a mcc in itself, banks should come up with a dedicated cobranded or personalised credit card for the same like we already have it for groceries, travel, dining etc.nowadays.

Please let me know if there is any cc available in the market right now which I might be not aware of or can be added to this thread when such card is launched.
SBI PULSE mentions this category.. however reward rate is avg.

drsel

TF Legend
Yes Reserve 5x (Rs.5900/year) will give you 7.5% return for offline medicines and hospital bills, only if you use the points to buy air tickets on the Yes Bank portal.

otherwise you a better off taking 5% additional cash back and 10 x offline subscriptions on AU Lit card

Last edited:

sidp

TF Ace
cg govt has their own chain where it gives 55% on medicines. Its not for generic per se. They keep medicines from all big brands. You can even request them to source a medicine, if it is under approved list, they'll get it.

But funnily the same shops have "commercial " product also. There is no discount on those product.

So if you buy cough syrup of cadilla/abott/ Cipla/mankind etc you will get discount, but not on dabur honeydrop.🤣

Last edited:

the_dark_knight

TF Ace
Contributor
cg govt has their own chain where it gives 55% on medicines. Its not for generic per se. They keep medicines from all big brands. You can even request them to source a medicine, if it is under approved list, they'll get it.

But funnily the same shops have "commercial " product also. There is no discount on those product.

So if you buy cough syrup of cadilla/abott/ Cipla/mankind etc you will get discount, but not on dabur honeydrop.🤣
nice godi govt scheme
not just 55% off, 90% off medicne sometime
even haldiram 30rs samosa only costs 3rs at godiram street stall, but they don't accept cc payment
I bought coughsyrup too from them recently, no discount
IS there some fishy scamy in this new business model, lets find out
@DocFixIt what's your opinion on this?

sidp

TF Ace
nice godi govt scheme
not just 55% off, 90% off medicne sometime
even haldiram 30rs samosa only costs 3rs at godiram street stall, but they don't accept cc payment
I bought coughsyrup too from them recently, no discount
IS there some fishy scamy in this new business model, lets find out
@DocFixIt what's your opinion on this?
Actually it was previous congress govt scheme. 🤣. There is also a chain of central govt where discount varies from 40-75%. Good thing is It's open for everyone & has outlet in posh places as well. Also they accept cash, upi, dc, cc everything.

Of course there must be a scam going on. The agreement is 45% is paid by customers and a fixed % is given by govt. So local pharmacy must be buying some stocks from them. Its unlikely that their distributor will give them this type of margin.

krish11

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Apollo services: Apollo SBI
5x on Chemist and Pharmacy: Pulse SBI
Medical supplies: Doctors SBI

Accelarated on chemist, Pharmacy: YES Wellness
For checkups, insurance, nutrition etc.: Axis Aura, Union JCB

All of these exist from long time, do check product pages and apply suitable one, if required.

I checked SBI Pulse and reward rate is 2.5% for offline Medical purchases

I think DCB/Infinia are apt for all offline purchases without going through headaches of knowing if the merchant is using the proper MCC or not. These days MCC are such a mess. I have observed really weird MCC by merchants which is no where related to their actual business ( Hotels using Grocery Shop MCC)

#aniket

TF Ace
1MG offers 20% off upto 400 each Wednesday on kotak DC, but still can't beat Truemeds prices for medicines in most cases. Although their order process is a bit weird.
Do you want to suggest something special how to be dealt with Truemeds?

prankster

TF Buzz
Do you want to suggest something special how to be dealt with Truemeds?
When I get the verification call, I straight up say "I don't want alternate medicines, this is the last dosage and I don't want to change brands now."
The weird thing about Truemeds is, you can't pay in advance, they generate a payment link only after verification, so it's a 3 step process instead of 2.

Sriim

TF Premier
I get medicines online using netmeds/medplus (20% off) using SBI cashback and get 5% back as well(again not specific to medical spends, but 5% is 5%)

I've found it far superior to 1mg which doesn't uniformly give 20% off

Last edited:

#aniket

TF Ace
When I get the verification call, I straight up say "I don't want alternate medicines, this is the last dosage and I don't want to change brands now."
The weird thing about Truemeds is, you can't pay in advance, they generate a payment link only after verification, so it's a 3 step process instead of 2.
Thank You 😊

I remember if I ordered once then they tried to convince me to order some other substitutes, I too denied and later they accepted the order but after 2 days it got cancelled citing the product is out of stock. 😂 Disgusting! 🤮

How is the delivery experience and post sales, if in case return need to be executed by chance, there's easy 15 days return policy?

Also, packaging and any additional charges and ways to save more money other than flat discount? Any offers ot card discount running in this platform earlier? It's has just 20% flat discount only?

Lastly, any spam/promotional/ marketing calls/SMS after registration/ order???

prankster

TF Buzz
Thank You 😊

I remember if I ordered once then they tried to convince me to order some other substitutes, I too denied and later they accepted the order but after 2 days it got cancelled citing the product is out of stock. 😂 Disgusting! 🤮

How is the delivery experience and post sales, if in case return need to be executed by chance, there's easy 15 days return policy?

Also, packaging and any additional charges and ways to save more money other than flat discount? Any offers ot card discount running in this platform earlier? It's has just 20% flat discount only?

Lastly, any spam/promotional/ marketing calls/SMS after registration/ order???
Thankfully I haven't had any cancelations till now.
Delivery experience was decent, normally it would take between 3-5 days, maybe because I live in a metro city. For anything urgent, I prefer 1mg for 1 day delivery.
No issues with packaging either(Although they don't pack as extensively as 1mg.)
And also haven't had the need to return any products (I have only placed 7-8 orders till now).
For offers, I have SBI CB which fetches 5% each time, didn't see any other offers(I remember seeing offers on simpl wallet , not sure though).
Lastly, No spam messages/calls whatsoever!

#aniket

TF Ace
Delivery experience was decent, normally it would take between 3-5 days, maybe because I live in a metro city. For anything urgent, I prefer 1mg for 1 day delivery.
No issues with packaging either(Although they don't pack as extensively as 1mg.)
And also haven't had the need to return any products (I have only placed 7-8 orders till now).
For offers, I have SBI CB which fetches 5% each time, didn't see any other offers(I remember seeing offers on simpl wallet , not sure though).
Thanks bro 😊

#aniket

TF Ace
Flipkart Health+ offer 15% off, comparatively cheaper than 1 MG nowadays.