• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best CC for Dubai Trip

xbbjdmg

TF Buzz
I am planning for a Dubai Trip in Aug last week with my family (2+1) and would like to explore best possible options wherein I can maximize CC rewards and also make the best utilization of my existing reward points?. Any help/guidance will be hugely appreciated.
My current card fleet and rewards:

1. HDFC DCB - 63000 Points
2. Magnus - approx. 50K ER's (expected to come by 10th Aug)
3. SBI Prime Vistara card - Approved and can arrive any moment
4. 11K Marriot Bonvoy Points

P.S: Open to apply other charge card if the joining benefits can be utilized effectively for this trip.

Thank you in advance!

Oscar

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Please do let me know which flight and hotels did you book, i am planning the same trip and have the same number of reward points
Just in case this helps you for hotel stay.

I'm planning my trip to Dubai in October for 7 nights - 8 days.
2 night stay at Lapita
3 night stay at Fairmont, sheikh zayed road
2 night stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche

Yet to make bookings when my passport is renewed

Oscar

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
can u pls clear my one doubt..
In passport renewal process, is it ok if I am present at only one of my address ... permanent or current...
Or they expect you to be present at both places during police verification.
Sorry I'm not sure about it.

xbbjdmg

TF Buzz

2 night stay at Lapita

Some of the hotels are Accor. Just to confirm, accor membership is not available for Dubai/uae

captaintorchtm

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

2 night stay at Lapita

I was looking at Element al Mina (Marriot) as I have most of the points in Marriot Bonvoy (AMEX),

What about the flights? I guess flights are the main confusion for me, like where to transfer points (Magnus) for Dubai.

xbbjdmg

TF Buzz
What I’ve seen is from mumbai direct flights are not announced for more than two weeks (with normal price). In my case if I see Aug end, shows layover of 14+hours for cheaper flights but if I see immediate dates then I have direct flights shown at reasonable rates
I was looking at Element al Mina (Marriot) as I have most of the points in Marriot Bonvoy (AMEX),

What about the flights? I guess flights are the main confusion for me, like where to transfer points (Magnus) for Dubai

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
I am planning for a Dubai Trip in Aug last week with my family (2+1) and would like to explore best possible options wherein I can maximize CC rewards and also make the best utilization of my existing reward points?. Any help/guidance will be hugely appreciated.
My current card fleet and rewards:

1. HDFC DCB - 63000 Points
2. Magnus - approx. 50K ER's (expected to come by 10th Aug)
3. SBI Prime Vistara card - Approved and can arrive any moment
4. 11K Marriot Bonvoy Points

P.S: Open to apply other charge card if the joining benefits can be utilized effectively for this trip.

Thank you in advance!
40% cashback up to ₹3,000 per payment at retail outlets in UAE, Thailand, Malaysia and Spain using RuPay JCB Cards:

15th May 2023 till 15th Aug 2023 (both dates inclusive)​

Oscar

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge

What about the flights? I guess flights are the main confusion for me, like where to transfer points (Magnus) for Dubai.
There is another good property from Marriott: Four Points by Sheraton, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai close to Metro and many other attractions.

Oscar

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge

I may go with points on Infinia while I transfer them to Etihad

Last edited: