• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best cards for government transactions

tsj49

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hello,
Just want to know best cards to use for government transactions.
I am assuming income tax payments, stamp duty, registration, property tax payment etc. in government transactions.
I have DCB, Magnus, MRCC, ICICI Amazon, IDFC wealth card. If there's no good option from these cards, I would go for other if they give good rewards.

adi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello,
Just want to know best cards to use for government transactions.
I am assuming income tax payments, stamp duty, registration, property tax payment etc. in government transactions.
I have DCB, Magnus, MRCC, ICICI Amazon, IDFC wealth card. If there's no good option from these cards, I would go for other if they give good rewards.
upto 100k magnus is father of all cards in world RN.

tsj49

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Apart from Magnus, what other cards we can use for best milestone rewards?
I tried paying tax through Amex but they don't accept.

tsj49

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I have income tax and property registration charges coming up and I see that Amex and Diners are not accepted in income tax payment gateways.
Also, most cards don't provide any points on these payments but they consider this on milestone benefits.
Basically the question boils down to "Best cards for milestone benefits". I see Magnus is best till 1L but apart from that, I see Axis Vistara cards which will give free tickets. Any other good cards in this aspect?

SangEUD

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have income tax and property registration charges coming up and I see that Amex and Diners are not accepted in income tax payment gateways.
Also, most cards don't provide any points on these payments but they consider this on milestone benefits.
Basically the question boils down to "Best cards for milestone benefits". I see Magnus is best till 1L but apart from that, I see Axis Vistara cards which will give free tickets. Any other good cards in this aspect?
Apart from Magnus, best no nonsense card is SC Ultimate CC.

3.33% RPs with no exclusions whatsoever except Cash withdrawal kind of transactions.

Eswar

TF Buzz
After the recent Axis terms and conditions which is coming into effect on 5th March , 2023 , will Income tax payment fetch reward points and will it be considered for Monthly Milestone benefit or Annual Fee waiver ?

Copycat

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Thanks for confirming that Milestone and reward points wont have impact for Income tax payment.

But paying NPS with Magnus wont fetch Reward points and wont be eligible for milestone right ?

If you use Magnus for NPS it will get and will continue to get (after March 5th) regular RP. Also it will be included in the monthly and annual milstone calculations