• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best branch of HDFC in Bengaluru

lpshreyas

TF Buzz
I know that this is might seem like a slightly weird question, and it could lead to opinionated answers, but I am still hopeful.

I have had a salary account with HDFC since 2017 and I have realized that home branches aren't completely irrelevant. Branches with a lot of customers don't seem to care too much about customer needs or complaints. Their RMs only try and sell you investment opportunities, and the BM is rarely available to address any escalations. While smaller branches actually try to help the customer in an attempt to keep them from switching.

Now that HDFC is providing a way of changing the home branch online, I wanted to see if there are any proven-to-be-good branches in Bengaluru or branches with a good track record. My experience with my current home branch has been abysmal while the branch closest to me did a much better job at helping me with certain issues. So, any inputs or suggestion for branches would be welcome.

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
I know that this is might seem like a slightly weird question, and it could lead to opinionated answers, but I am still hopeful.

I have had a salary account with HDFC since 2017 and I have realized that home branches aren't completely irrelevant. Branches with a lot of customers don't seem to care too much about customer needs or complaints. Their RMs only try and sell you investment opportunities, and the BM is rarely available to address any escalations. While smaller branches actually try to help the customer in an attempt to keep them from switching.

Now that HDFC is providing a way of changing the home branch online, I wanted to see if there are any proven-to-be-good branches in Bengaluru or branches with a good track record. My experience with my current home branch has been abysmal while the branch closest to me did a much better job at helping me with certain issues. So, any inputs or suggestion for branches would be welcome.
There's no such thing as best branch. It is all subjective and depends how your relationship is with the bank staff and your banking relationship with the bank. But I do agree that smaller branches give more attention to you as a customer, but don't expect the parasitic behaviour of selling you unnecessary investments to go away. The moment they notice you have money, their intention is to get it off of your hands. The bank pays your RM to do just that so can't really blame them for that. If you don't want that experience, downgrade to a no-frill savings max account.

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
That's not gonna help much when I ask about DCB 😅

Look, I honestly don't mind them doing their bit as long as they actually help me with what I need. Anyway, let's see if changing the branch helps
Haha, I see. If you are worked up about your current branch, approach another branch and talk to the BM. DO NOT do it online or you may be left with a similar experience. Explain why you are moving accounts and if the BM is receptive to you, then move your account. Also, express your interest in a more premium credit card and tell them Axis or some other bank is ready to help you with that but you chose to stay associated with HDFC. This should help motivate them in procuring the card if you are eligible for it.

lpshreyas

TF Buzz
Haha, I see. If you are worked up about your current branch, approach another branch and talk to the BM. DO NOT do it online or you may be left with a similar experience. Explain why you are moving accounts and if the BM is receptive to you, then move your account. Also, express your interest in a more premium credit card and tell them Axis or some other bank is ready to help you with that but you chose to stay associated with HDFC. This should help motivate them in procuring the card if you are eligible for it.
Not a bad idea! I'll give that a shot, thanks.