• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best 10K Savings Account

So, I was thinking about opening a new savings account in a private bank (had an account in Bandhan Bank which I closed)....and I chose HDFC specifically for their CC portfolio (Millennia, Regalia, Infinia...etc)....but I have read in the past about poor customer support in HDFC...plus it's Internet Banking service going down more frequently (recently just last week)...So now I am a bit confused.

Although ICICI has great application and internet banking but their Credit Card portfolio is shitty.

Axis Bank charges too much and is also mischievous with its consolidated charges.

No Idea about Indusind.

Already have a Kotak 811.

Any Thoughts guys?

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
So, I was thinking about opening a new savings account in a private bank (had an account in Bandhan Bank which I closed)....and I chose HDFC specifically for their CC portfolio (Millennia, Regalia, Infinia...etc)....but I have read in the past about poor customer support in HDFC...plus it's Internet Banking service going down more frequently (recently just last week)...So now I am a bit confused.

Although ICICI has great application and internet banking but their Credit Card portfolio is shitty.

Axis Bank charges too much and is also mischievous with its consolidated charges.

No Idea about Indusind.

Any Thoughts guys?
Give a try for idfc
Once u get auto approval for cc push for wealth card that’s really worth

sshaik333

TF Buzz
but do you need to have city in your own city to have an account ?

I recently opened idfc 25k amb acc online, and was by default allotted a branch that is in a nearby city as thr was no branch in my city . no issue anywhere. all done online
In your case will you get pre-approved credit card bro? my city is also not having branch, nearest one is 70-80 kms, i can open account online choosing nearest branch but my que is will i get pre-approved credit card

In your case will you get pre-approved credit card bro? my city is also not having branch, nearest one is 70-80 kms, i can open account online choosing nearest branch but my que is will i get pre-approved credit card
but do you need to have city in your own city to have an account ?

I recently opened idfc 25k amb acc online, and was by default allotted a branch that is in a nearby city as thr was no branch in my city . no issue anywhere. all done online
IDFC CC is not serviceable in my area...the aim is start with a 10k maintenance account...and upgrade it higher and higher as my income increases and to have a premium level CC in future...now when I see all around...I see HDFC Regalia or Infinia or DCB or Axis Magnus...I already had an Axis Bank Account but it's shitty service and excessive banking charges compelled me to close that account.
Which leaves HDFC Bank (or any other?)
Please share your insights...

arn

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
yes got a pre-aprroved WOW card on FD :p

gabzvee

TF Buzz
Give a try for idfc
Once u get auto approval for cc push for wealth card that’s really worth
Better than HDFC CCs?

What would be an approx savings account balance to maintain for a Wealth CC Offer from IDFC?
- (Edit: found out that Wealth Account eligibility is Rs. 10L+ average balance, and Private is 50L+ average balance, whereas Select is 3L+ Average balance)
Wasn't sure if IDFC offers CC to savings account holders

I'm trying this with IndusInd, and was going to do it with HDFC next because I thought HDFC was the best bank according to everyone I had spoken to... (IndusInd isn't, it's just their Interest rates are good, and Delite is a 0 MAB account with a chance of getting Legend CC offer, and I'm cool with waiting for 2-3 yrs for an offer 😁

Last edited:

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Better than HDFC CCs?

What would be an approx savings account balance to maintain for a Wealth CC Offer from IDFC?
- (Edit: found out that Wealth Account eligibility is Rs. 10L+ average balance, and Private is 50L+ average balance, whereas Select is 3L+ Average balance)
Wasn't sure if IDFC offers CC to savings account holders

I'm trying this with IndusInd, and was going to do it with HDFC next because I thought HDFC was the best bank according to everyone I had spoken to... (IndusInd isn't, it's just their Interest rates are good, and Delite is a 0 MAB account with a chance of getting Legend CC offer, and I'm cool with waiting for 2-3 yrs for an offer 😁
I agree with the above comment on IndusInd I too hold ltf legend and exclusive acc with 1lac balance always but no offers being given
Idfc 10l variant is good and that’s the way to get wealth cc from them
In their online portal wealth card not at all appearing and if we stop the form submission they r calling back but adamant to give wealth card

gabzvee

TF Buzz
I agree with the above comment on IndusInd I too hold ltf legend and exclusive acc with 1lac balance always but no offers being given
Idfc 10l variant is good and that’s the way to get wealth cc from them
In their online portal wealth card not at all appearing and if we stop the form submission they r calling back but adamant to give wealth card
You got the Legend CC due to a good average balance in IndusInd account? I just made my Delite account and have kept 10k, will probably add 5-10k every month, hoping they'll offer a Legend CC in 6-12 months... Am I on the right track? 😅

varun__goel_

TF Legend

No Idea about Indusind.

Any Thoughts guys?
I have HDFC Account from 6 months, it is a great bank. About customer support, for me I had great experience in this time. Never faced any problem.