• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Be cautious when converting your points to Vistara CV points

I also tried booking from Ahmedabad to Delhi and return but they didn’t had flights available on suitable timing for the whole month of January. We have 2 flights in the morning one is at 6:30 and other is at 8:40 I was getting option for 6:30(as it’s too early to fly) flight but I wanted 8:30 flights as this time suits me they didn’t had any available seats on this flight so now thinking my vouchers would go waste and frankly for me if I knew that there is limited number of quota for award flights I wouldn’t had got into this card I specially took this card for last minute tickets which wouldn’t burn my pocket

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
For Tier-1 cities, getting an award ticket even 2 days before departure isn't much of a concern. The problem comes when you travel to cities when there is limited connectivity. You'll get availability on routes like DEL-BLR/DEL-MAA easily. Tried to use my CV points to travel from Delhi to Port Blair, didn't find much availability even for Mar-23.

Last edited:

manzb

TF Premier
Typically except for the peak season of entire Dec + first half of Jan and again around festive season (Dusshera+Diwali) + school holidays period of May/June, you should be able to get availability in most of the routes even 10-12 days before if not 5-7 days.

When award tickets not available, you may try Cash+points option, which I think typically gives 50ps value per point for any revenue tickets.

AJ-

TF Buzz
What is anyone's experience if any in Booking international seats? I am eyeing the Delhi-Paris flights but they are not letting me see the total tickets available through points without having enough points
call the cs and ask for available dates to book award flights. I booked that way they said next available flight from maa-shj is in 5 days. So i booked tickets for my family and travelled last march end during expo. There was 25% off on award flights available, so got tickets worth 60k miles for 45k. Planning for Europe trip after summer, bom-fra is 30k one way. It will be great if they offer 25% discount on award flights this year.

Xaos

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I had similar issue for booking between Delhi Bagdogra 3 years back with Vistara Card, had to cancel the card for this reason.

manzb

TF Premier
call the cs and ask for available dates to book award flights. I booked that way they said next available flight from maa-shj is in 5 days. So i booked tickets for my family and travelled last march end during expo. There was 25% off on award flights available, so got tickets worth 60k miles for 45k. Planning for Europe trip after summer, bom-fra is 30k one way. It will be great if they offer 25% discount on award flights this year.
You can try United and Qatar as well, which are competitive. Plus you have options of starting from your city of choice/ preference.

Reactions: AJ-

AJ-

TF Buzz
You can try United and Qatar as well, which are competitive. Plus you have options of starting from your city of choice/ preference.
Yes United is in my top list, low miles required and low con fees. will transfer all points to united this year. qatar conv fees is very high.

vineet_c

TF Buzz
Holiday season is a problem otherwise redeeming on vistara is ok. May be once they add air india redemptions there will be more flight options.

statusquo

TF Select
How much taxes are charged? For example, for a flight booked for 5k CV points, how much money in taxes would I need to pay? Is it a fixed rate or does it vary by route or airline?

statusquo

TF Select
Thanks @Walter White. Is assuming it to be around 15% good? Or could it be like 5% or 30%?

I am thinking of getting the Axis Magnus for Burgundy credit card, whose points I will convert to CV points, so was looking to find out the approx value of those points. In Air India, I had to pay around Rs 2000 as taxes on a Rs 6000 flight, so hoping it's not similar in Vistara

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Thanks @Walter White. Is assuming it to be around 15% good? Or could it be like 5% or 30%?

I am thinking of getting the Axis Magnus for Burgundy credit card, whose points I will convert to CV points, so was looking to find out the approx value of those points. In Air India, I had to pay around Rs 2000 as taxes on a Rs 6000 flight, so hoping it's not similar in Vistara
Varies between 8-1.5k one-way at max for Eco/Premium Eco

NikunjP

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
How much taxes are charged? For example, for a flight booked for 5k CV points, how much money in taxes would I need to pay? Is it a fixed rate or does it vary by route or airline?
Yesterday I booked Delhi- Ahmedabad Premier Economy with 6500 points + 977 Rs tax.
Earlier it was 6500 points + 553 Rs tax.