• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Be cautious when converting your points to Vistara CV points

Rjain1111

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi,

I have Axis Vistara Infinite (for 3 years) and in the past have converted points from DCB to CV Points when the offer was there. However, in recent times I have realized that it is nearly impossible to use CV points or ticket vouchers on Vistara flights.
Is this the experience with you too? Everyone is jumping on the Axis Magnus bandwagon but all the edge reward is useless if you cannot use them eventually. So if you are a Magnus user, please be careful if planning to convert to CV Points. People think of magnus with 24% return, all of this may be imaginary.

Without any redemption, you may end up spending in ITC (where otherwise you may not gone to stay or eat) or would not purchase the ITC Culinaire membership (See link below. Everyone with points is buying it).

In the end, I think the card, hotel, and airline companies have the last laugh. The 10-20% return may be all notional. Please be careful.

ltf4ever

TF Ace
Hi,

I have Axis Vistara Infinite (for 3 years) and in the past have converted points from DCB to CV Points when the offer was there. However, in recent times I have realized that it is nearly impossible to use CV points or ticket vouchers on Vistara flights.
Is this the experience with you too? Everyone is jumping on the Axis Magnus bandwagon but all the edge reward is useless if you cannot use them eventually. So if you are a Magnus user, please be careful if planning to convert to CV Points. People think of magnus with 24% return, all of this may be imaginary.

Without any redemption, you may end up spending in ITC (where otherwise you may not gone to stay or eat) or would not purchase the ITC Culinaire membership (See link below. Everyone with points is buying it).

In the end, I think the card, hotel, and airline companies have the last laugh. The 10-20% return may be all notional. Please be careful.

why is it impossible?

gurbina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
There's limited availability depending on the route and also the date due to peak seasons and holidays/festivals specially when you're close to the date but many routes remain with daily award availability at the lowest award rates.

Do not convert points before checking availability for your redemption. If you had redemptions in mind you should always check availability first specially on busy dates and routes.

TheMentalist

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Even I was unable to find any award flight for Del - Mum route in the penultimate weekend, despite a number of Vistara flights operating on this route. But it only happened this time as there seemed to be quite an early mad rush at Delhi Airport. Otherwise, even booking a week before would get me award flights normally.

ltf4ever

TF Ace
Even I was unable to find any award flight for Del - Mum route in the penultimate weekend, despite a number of Vistara flights operating on this route. But it only happened this time as there seemed to be quite an early mad rush at Delhi Airport. Otherwise, even booking a week before would get me award flights normally.
is there a limited number of flights that are available to be booked through cv points? just like bookmyshiw tickets?
that seems unfair. i thought on the payments page only they should give option to use cv points.

Rjain1111

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
On all flights but limited number of seats. First come first serve. So many of us - via Magnus/vistara cobrand cards are eyeing the same seats. Plus we have no clue what happens when vistara merges with air india

ltf4ever

TF Ace
thanks for starting this thread...i had no idea about this limitation.
i guess i will stick to redeeming points on smartbuy for my dcb, which will also give me options to book nonVistara flights which are more on number and also cheaper.

gabu

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yeah quite a difference in last 6 months. I guess they want to limit the redemption. Infact flights like del-goi morning flight is totally removed from redemption only the unattractive evening one.

Akshay9512

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi,

I really don't know what made you write this post. I have been using Vistara redemption flights quite successfully and easily. Never faced issues. Also ITC membership is a kind of investment for people who usually travel and stay at hotels.

1672078754340.png

Rajkumar

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Even I have faced the issue,they have limited seats in every flight with CV points.it is better to call n ask customer care while booking flights with CV points.
Mostly problem will occur when you are trying to book for more than 3 people

Savan21

TF Neo
What is anyone's experience if any in Booking international seats? I am eyeing the Delhi-Paris flights but they are not letting me see the total tickets available through points without having enough points

Reactions: AJ-

Theo

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Last minute is always a challenge. If you plan in advance more likely than not you will be able to utilise the benefit. Even if your dates are uncertain the cancellation cost for miles ticket is around 10-15%. I have been fairly successful in getting the benefits…earlier with Jet Airways and now with Vistara and Air India…

keeler

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Great to know. Which sector have you booked ? I was unable to book for two recent family trips.
If there are more than 2 tickets needed, book half revenue and half award. Getting more than 2 redemptions is difficult.

But i have redeemed without much issue