• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus vs SC Ultimate vs Amex MRCC

luckymurari

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
So far, I used to use my HDFC DCB LTF card as the primary card. But with recent devaluation, I am now exploring options of cards to acquire.

So far I shortlisted following 3 cards. Please suggest an ideal card for me to apply?

- Axis Magnus
- SC Ultimate
- Amex MRCC

• I do not travel business class and hence Amex Plat travel, Axis Vistara etc are not under consideration. Most of the literature out talks about travel benefits of Magnus and I am confusing.
  • My annual spends are 5-6 lacs. I cross 1 lac monthly spend very infrequently (may be twice in an year)
  • I spend both offline and online
  • If I could take an addon card, i can add additional fuel spends of ~10K per month.
  • I do not have rental payments but have insurance payments of ~1 lac
Can you please share your expert opinions on above 3 cards purely based on cash/cash equivalent (Amz/FK vouchers etc) value?

Last edited:

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Considering the 3x/5x/10x on gyftr and grabdeals Magnus will be best. Just on base rewards without multiplier and considering you will use for vouchers and not transfer so Axis point value is 0.2 paise, SC Ultimate will be better at flat 3.3% reward. So normal spends use SC, anywhere you get multiplier use Magnus. And I would also take MRCC just for 4 x 1500 transactions as that gives amazing 7.5% payback (1120 points valued as 40 paise in 18K collection) conveniently every month. In my view you should take all 3. Don’t worry about fees as you will recover more than fee paid in all 3. Amex generally waives from 2nd year on spends or gives points against fees.

In case you want MRCC first year free and second year 1500 fees below is my referral link
Amex MRCC www.tinyurl.com/Amex-MRCC

DM me if you require any clarification