• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus vs Axis Vistara Infinite

coinhunter

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Can someone please help me decide which one is better? I'm still torn between the two. I currently have SBI Vistara Prime.

coinhunter

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Is it possible to apply for two cards? My spending is not that big. The thing that keeps me torn between is that with Vistara I can retain the Gold Tier membership even without spending. Most of my travel is on Singapore Airlines anyway.

With Magnus, I need to reach certain milestones and get them to convert. Plus the point gets expired if not used for too long. But then, I'm thinking that I might be losing something else in terms of other benefits from Magnus which I might not be aware of yet.

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Is it possible to apply for two cards? My spending is not that big. The thing that keeps me torn between is that with Vistara I can retain the Gold Tier membership even without spending. Most of my travel is on Singapore Airlines anyway.

With Magnus, I need to reach certain milestones and get them to convert. Plus the point gets expired if not used for too long. But then, I'm thinking that I might be losing something else in terms of other benefits from Magnus which I might not be aware of yet.
I think CV gold status with KrisFlyer Gold is pretty good which magnus won't give you

churn

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
That's what I'm actually thinking and I think I can use the Gold status on other partner airlines too.
I do not think you can use Gold status with other airlines right now. Only on Singapore airlines can you use it.

[Hypothetically]If at all, Vistara and AI merge (since there are no two airlines from the same country in the same alliance, and then if the Gold status is equivalent to the Star Alliance gold (unless which I believe Vistara may devalue their gold program, or decrease the priority) you can get it on other Star Alliance airlines. This is a long shot and you don't know how much time it will take. But currently, your privileges will be same as of a normal user on other partner airlines (excluding Singapore)

coinhunter

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I do not think you can use Gold status with other airlines right now. Only on Singapore airlines can you use it.

[Hypothetically]If at all, Vistara and AI merge (since there are no two airlines from the same country in the same alliance, and then if the Gold status is equivalent to the Star Alliance gold (unless which I believe Vistara may devalue their gold program, or decrease the priority) you can get it on other Star Alliance airlines. This is a long shot and you don't know how much time it will take. But currently, your privileges will be same as of a normal user on other partner airlines (excluding Singapore)
Makes sense. Let's see how will this Vistara & AI saga unfolds. For now, I feel like this Gold tier will suit me best since my main airline is SQ. The only problem is, I have to use my CV ID when flying SQ instead of Krisflyer.

Last edited: