• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Reward Points Capping on Insurance Payments

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod
Hello Everyone!

The much discussed point capping on Magnus is real. But it’s for few categories, and Insurance payments is one of them.

I got informed by a person who made a good amount of Insurance payment through his Magnus and got only 6,000 RP which is for the initial 1 lakh spend. Axis has also sent a mail confirmation of the same.

So if you want to swipe your Magnus for greater amount that 1 lakh for insurance payment, Magnus is not the card you want to use.

Better look out for other options like Reserve / Standard Chartered Ultimate

2C4B4F45-2328-4185-940E-5A7073E39466.jpeg

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Hello Everyone!

The much discussed point capping on Magnus is real. But it’s for few categories, and Insurance payments is one of them.

I got informed by a person who made a good amount of Insurance payment through his Magnus and got only 6,000 RP which is for the initial 1 lakh spend. Axis has also sent a mail confirmation of the same.

So if you want to swipe your Magnus for greater amount that 1 lakh for insurance payment, Magnus is not the card you want to use.

Better look out for other options like Reserve / Standard Chartered Ultimate

2C4B4F45-2328-4185-940E-5A7073E39466.jpeg
Fine point but if split into 7 times one could have got 42k points right subject to partial payment acceptance by exide

satviksehgal

TF Premier
I have some 1.15L payments to make for 1 single premium with ICICI, I can spilt the payment in parts (icici gives that option)

Can I make it in 50, 50, and 15K brackets across 3-4 days? Will I be getting points for everything, if yes, great, if No, then I'll use some other card for making that last 15K payment.