• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

AXIS MAGNUS QUERIES

divyam_taparia

TF Select
As per calculations, Axis magnus gives you 12 reward points for every 200 spends which makes around 6000 reward points for every 1L spend and bonus of 25000 reward points are given which makes total reward points 31k.
As per reward points to reward miles conversion ratio, It is .8 per 1 points = 24,800 miles so can someone give a brief about what is the value of reward mile when you're booking a ticket. In the city I live in major market share is indigo and I travel the most by indigo so will axis magnus give a chance to book indigo tickets?
Also since they also give out reward points for ITC and marriott hotels what is the value of reward points when i'm booking the hotel through these reward points
Is 1 mile = 1 rupee or how does that calculation work?

Right now I have hdfc infinia and they have a smart buy portal which makes redemption of points very easy.... How easy is the axis portal?

Lastly I have annual spends of around 15 Lacs+ so should I go for HDFC Infinia or Axis magnus considering the above factors?

gurbina

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Indigo is not a transfer partner and all other ways that are there where you could possibly book an Indigo flight throw the value of your ER points down a cliff.

I am surprised you said Indigo, there should be available flights on Air India on almost any city, if Air India you can book them through United with very decent redemption rates.

divyam_taparia

TF Select
usually in my experience air india flights are 1.5 or 2x expensive than indigo ... what is want to know is suppose I converted my points to airmiles so what is the redemption ratio of airmiles...suppose flight is costing Rs 5k on vistara app does that mean i need 5k airmiles or more?
Same confusion with other partners and hotels....if u could clarify a bit ?

TheMentalist

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
usually in my experience air india flights are 1.5 or 2x expensive than indigo ... what is want to know is suppose I converted my points to airmiles so what is the redemption ratio of airmiles...suppose flight is costing Rs 5k on vistara app does that mean i need 5k airmiles or more?
Same confusion with other partners and hotels....if u could clarify a bit ?
Every partner and hotel has a different redemption ratio, which also depends on date of booking and travel/stay
For vistara : https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/axis-vistara-cards-t-cs.6278/

Reactions: CMG

gurbina

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
My friend, your points get you free flights. Do not worry about the retail cost of these flights.

And forget about Indigo, they have no skin in the game. If you got this card to fly in Indigo, you might want to take some time and meditate about life, because you are lost.

The points don't directly translate into money.

In the case of Vistara it is a very simple fixed pricing systems based on the route and class. Use this calculator, you don't even need a Vistara account:

But the longer the route and the higher the class, the higher the cost. Not exactly rocket science. You can also check this PDF, it's easier to analyze.

Now I mention Vistara because it is a very simple frequent flyer program but it is very easy to understand. It also happens to be the best program for domestic flights points wise if you're coming from Axis.

If they do not fly to your city or it doesn't work for you I have good news, you can book Air India AND Vistara flights via United frequent flyer program, you can even combine both of their flights when redeeming floghts.
The catch is that usually it will cost you more points to book although in some cases it might be cheaper.
The system is fairly similar to Vistara but you'll have a lot more of available routes to choose from (a lot of airline partners worldwide, Vistara and Air India for domestic flights in India) and availability.

Just search here and tick the box that says "Book with miles":

You do NOT need an account in United to see the cost with points and check availability. If you see a login prompt when you are searching, just look for the "X" (close) button on the top of the login prompt.

Last edited:

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
As per calculations, Axis magnus gives you 12 reward points for every 200 spends which makes around 6000 reward points for every 1L spend and bonus of 25000 reward points are given which makes total reward points 31k.
As per reward points to reward miles conversion ratio, It is .8 per 1 points = 24,800 miles so can someone give a brief about what is the value of reward mile when you're booking a ticket. In the city I live in major market share is indigo and I travel the most by indigo so will axis magnus give a chance to book indigo tickets?
Also since they also give out reward points for ITC and marriott hotels what is the value of reward points when i'm booking the hotel through these reward points
Is 1 mile = 1 rupee or how does that calculation work?

Right now I have hdfc infinia and they have a smart buy portal which makes redemption of points very easy.... How easy is the axis portal?

Lastly I have annual spends of around 15 Lacs+ so should I go for HDFC Infinia or Axis magnus considering the above factors?
The cost can vary, ranging from ₹0.40 to ₹3, depending on how you play the miles game.

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
T
My friend, your points get you free flights. Do not worry about the retail cost of these flights.

And forget about Indigo, they have no skin in the game. If you got this card to fly in Indigo, you might want to take some time and meditate about life, because you are lost.

The points don't directly translate directly into money.

In the case of Vistara it is a very simple fixed pricing systems based on the route and class. Use this calculator, you don't even need a Vistara account:

But the longer the route and the higher the class, the higher the cost. Not exactly rocket science. You can also check this PDF, it's easier to analyze.

Now I mention Vistara because it is a very simple frequent flyer program but it is very easy to understand. It also happens to be the best program for domestic flights points wise if you're coming from Axis.

If they do not fly to your city or it doesn't work for you I have good news, you can book Air India AND Vistara flights via United frequent flyer program, you can even combine both of their flights when redeeming floghts.
The catch is that usually it will cost you more points to book although in some cases it might be cheaper.
The system is fairly similar to Vistara but you'll have a lot more of available routes to choose from (a lot of airline partners worldwide, Vistara and Air India for domestic flights in India) and availability.

You do NOT need an account in United to see the cost with points and check availability. If you see a login prompt when you are searching, just look for the "X" (close) button on the top of the login prompt.
Thanks @gurbina this really clarified some of my doubts as well.

divyam_taparia

TF Select
ok
so can anyone clarify my last doubt ??
Axis has partnered with the following :
Ethiopian airlines
Turkish Airmiles
Air France-KLM
Ethihad airways
United Airlines
Singapore Airmilnes
Qatar airways
Spicejet
Air Asia
Club vistara
ITC
IHG
Mariott international

So my query is suppose i converted my 31000 edge points to 24800 airmiles in any respective airlines/in any hotel points like itc or mariott
now with each part what would be the value of these 24800 airmiles/points when i'm booking a flight or a hotel?

Also in most of the destination i'm getting this so does this mean i cannot book vistara flights from my vistara points?
1674434698084.png

divyam_taparia

TF Select
ok
Ethiopian airlines
Turkish Airmiles
Air France-KLM
Ethihad airways
United Airlines
Singapore Airmilnes
Qatar airways
Spicejet
Air Asia
Club vistara
ITC
IHG
Mariott international

So my query is suppose i converted my 31000 edge points to 24800 airmiles in any respective airlines/in any hotel points like itc or mariott
now with each part what would be the value of these 24800 airmiles/points when i'm booking a flight or a hotel?

Also in most of the destination i'm getting this so does this mean i cannot book vistara flights from my vistara points?
1674434698084.png
The cost can vary, ranging from ₹0.40 to ₹3, depending on how you play the miles game.
can you post some details on how to become good at playing the miles game?

divyam_taparia

TF Select

The points don't directly translate directly into money.

thanks for the detailed reply...it really helped me understand and clarified my doubts
can you post some details on how to become good at playing the miles game?
so this is my last doubts...i got some explanation about club vistara ..can you provide some information about the others.. thank you

ok
Ethiopian airlines
Turkish Airmiles
Air France-KLM
Ethihad airways
United Airlines
Singapore Airmilnes
Qatar airways
Spicejet
Air Asia
Club vistara
ITC
IHG
Mariott international

1674434698084.png
You can search flights only when there is a direct flight. If there is no direct flight from Raipur to Goa. You need to search for Raipur to any destination where it flies and then from there to Goa. It will be 2 separate redemptions. Like Raipur to Delhi and Delhi to Goa

helloworld

TF Legend
Ex: ABC to MNO to XYZ route and below information on award flights

- Required CV Points = 9000
- Required edge miles = 11250 (5:4)
- Required spend amount to get those edge rewards on 3x (atleast) = 62,500

- Fares on that route for Vistara = 8600 to 14700 (depends on various dates)

- Taxes which are not waived off = ~1200

Net reward rate = ~13% to 23% (on 63,500)

- On the same dates lowest price (spicejet or indigo) = 6000 to 12000

Effective reward rate = ~9% to 19%

----
thanks to @suhas.gopal

- 9000 CV points applicable to all days.
- Other complications: less number of award seats availability which might be difficult to get seats for families

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
I did use this calculator and got that below information on award flights

Required CV Points = 9000 (they didn't show any date, so is this applicable all days?)

Required edge miles = 11250 (5:4)

Spend amount to get those edge rewards on 3x (atleast) = 62,500

Fares on that route for Vistara = 8600 to 14700 (depends on various dates)

Net reward rate = ~13% to 23%

On the same dates lowest price (spicejet or indigo) = 6000 to 12000

----
Is my calculation correct?

Now 9000 CV points applicable to all days or will it vary?

What are the other complications when you book through award points?

How it will change for families (atleast 2 persons) including return etc. completely with award seats. Is it possible? or difficult?

Thanks for the help.
Points required for Vistara Redemption is on per sector and not on the particular date. All dates will be same number of points but the number of award seats per flight may be different so you may or may not be able to redeem the ticket as per your date or time. If you are booking as a family too there may not be number of seats available. Also, the base fare of the ticket will be waived off. The taxes would still be need to be paid.

divyam_taparia

TF Select
Ex: ABC to MNO to XYZ route and below information on award flights

- Required CV Points = 9000
- Required edge miles = 11250 (5:4)
- Required spend amount to get those edge rewards on 3x (atleast) = 62,500

- Fares on that route for Vistara = 8600 to 14700 (depends on various dates)

- Taxes which are not waived off = ~1200

Net reward rate = ~13% to 23% (on 63,500)

- On the same dates lowest price (spicejet or indigo) = 6000 to 12000

----
thanks to @suhas.gopal

- 9000 CV points applicable to all days.
- Other complications: less number of award seats availability which might be difficult to get seats for families

Thanks for the help.
can you explain the basis of your 3x reward points?
Are you suggesting spending on edge portal to get accelerated reward ponts?

gurbina

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
You can search flights only when there is a direct flight. If there is no direct flight from Raipur to Goa. You need to search for Raipur to any destination where it flies and then from there to Goa. It will be 2 separate redemptions. Like Raipur to Delhi and Delhi to Goa
Not at all.

You can look for flights the same way you book retail flights. You can look flights to anywhere they fly even when there's connecting flights.

You can fly to Singapore via Pune from Delhi, you can fly from Raipur to Leh via Delhi, etc.

Now it seems like Vistara is having technical issues with connecting flights at the moment for both revenue flights and awards.

They don't have exactly the most reliable systems, in the past 6 months the nominee system and award booking has stopped working several times for days or even weeks at the time.
You can still call their customer service and you'll be able to book any itinerary you want.

Do not book two one way flights as you might need to discuss with the airport agent about connecting your bag through to your final destination. This might require a competent check-in agent or rather any non-incompetent one as this should be a fairly easy task for them.

Also if you your first flight gets delayed or canceled, your second flight will be treated as a separate flight. If you miss it, you miss it. And if you need to change it, there might be charges specially with short notice even if it was due to your first flight getting delayed/canceled.

Never tried to do it with Vistara, but usually you can call and merge two itineraries into one. Again this might take a knowledgeable CS agent, haven't found one CS from Vistara that has been unhelpful or completely lost.

Or better yet, just call and book the whole itinerary via their CS and avoid all troubles.
You can even ask for specific flights if you find availability as one way flights and ask them to book them for you.
That's usually faster and better for everyone, just throw them dates, flight numbers and timing. You'll be set in matter of minutes. Straight to the point and exactly the way you want it to be. You can even make it a big connection time in case you wanna explore around or do some shopping in the connecting city.

Last edited:

divyam_taparia

TF Select
Not at all.

You can look for flights the same way you book retail flights. You can look flights to anywhere they fly even when there's connecting flights.

You can fly to Singapore via Pune from Delhi, you can fly from Raipur to Leh via Delhi, etc.

Now it seems like Vistara is having technical issues with connecting flights at the moment for both revenue flights and awards.

They don't have exactly the most reliable systems, in the past 6 months the nominee system and award booking has stopped working several times for days or even weeks at the time.
You can still call their customer service and you'll be able to book any itinerary you want.

Do not book two one way flights as you might need to discuss with the airport agent about connecting your bag through to your final destination. This might require a competent check-in agent or rather any non-incompetent one as this should be a fairly easy task for them.

Also if you your first flight gets delayed or canceled, your second flight will be treated as a separate flight. If you miss it, you miss it. And if you need to change it, there might be charges specially with short notice even if it was due to your first flight getting delayed/canceled.

Never tried to do it with Vistara, but usually you can call and merge two itineraries into one. Again this might take a knowledgeable CS agent, haven't found one CS from Vistara that has been unhelpful or completely lost.

Or better yet, just call and book the whole itinerary via their CS and avoid all troubles.
You can even ask for specific flights if you find availability as one way flights and ask them to book them for you.
That's usually faster and better for everyone, just throw them dates, flight numbers and timing. You'll be set in matter of minutes. Straight to the point and exactly the way you want it to be. You can even make it a big connection time in case you wanna explore around or do some shopping in the connecting city.
Thank you !!