• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis IOCL card

I used Axis IOCL card on HP petrol pump and surprisingly I received 4% ER on that. I have seen elsewhere that it worked for someone else as well. Will those be reverted by any chance ? I filled fuel for 3000, was charged 3054 including surcharge, got 30rs cashback on surcharge and 600ER points for 3000 fuel.
Now a days it's working on hpcl, bpcl and iocl. Via upi till now we can escape surcharge but after new devaluation surcharge will be levied on upi transactions also. Also from now on qe need to do a min.purchase of 400 per transaction to get reward points.

100Rabh_negi

TF Premier
Now a days it's working on hpcl, bpcl and iocl. Via upi till now we can escape surcharge but after new devaluation surcharge will be levied on upi transactions also. Also from now on qe need to do a min.purchase of 400 per transaction to get reward points.
Yes for now we are getting RP that too without Surcharge/GST. In future they will put surcharge on UPI and might also remove RP on non IOCL Pumps.

100Rabh_negi

TF Premier
If mcc is eligible i guess they will give bcz on upi you can't identify which pump
If that is case then there is still some value left on this card(LTF), will still give effective 2.82% RP Cashback on non HPCL pumps. However for Paid card this will not be worth it, considering its absurd annual fee waiver spend limit of 3.5Lakh.

rixypanther

TF Select
Something very weird happened with Axis IOCL card. I had done transaction of Rs 1000 at an IOCL filling station on 23rd March 2024. I should have got 200 ER points for this transaction but to my horror when I checked my points today they have counted this transaction for Rs 500 ( instead of Rs 1000 ) and credited only 100 ER points. My bill is generated on 12th of each month. Since that I have done 3 fuel transaction of Rs 2000 on 13 March , Rs 1000 on 17 March and Rs 1000 on 23 March. I got normal points for Rs 2000 and Rs 1000 transactions done on 13 and 17 March only this 23 March transaction has been counted as Rs 500 instead of Rs 1000 for edge points. In my credit card section it is clearly showing transactions done of Rs 2000 , 1000 and 1000 for these fuel spends.
Also I would like to tell that I had done a fuel transaction of Rs 1500 on 7 March 2024 but that would account the previous month billing cycle as my current bill is from 13 March onwards.
Has axis calculated this 7 March transction also in this Billing month's spend for points ?
Can someone please shed some light on this ?

100Rabh_negi

TF Premier
Something very weird happened with Axis IOCL card. I had done transaction of Rs 1000 at an IOCL filling station on 23rd March 2024. I should have got 200 ER points for this transaction but to my horror when I checked my points today they have counted this transaction for Rs 500 ( instead of Rs 1000 ) and credited only 100 ER points. My bill is generated on 12th of each month. Since that I have done 3 fuel transaction of Rs 2000 on 13 March , Rs 1000 on 17 March and Rs 1000 on 23 March. I got normal points for Rs 2000 and Rs 1000 transactions done on 13 and 17 March only this 23 March transaction has been counted as Rs 500 instead of Rs 1000 for edge points. In my credit card section it is clearly showing transactions done of Rs 2000 , 1000 and 1000 for these fuel spends.
Also I would like to tell that I had done a fuel transaction of Rs 1500 on 7 March 2024 but that would account the previous month billing cycle as my current bill is from 13 March onwards.
Has axis calculated this 7 March transction also in this Billing month's spend for points ?
Can someone please shed some light on this ?
Yes thats how they calculate ( 1 to 30/31st irrespective of billing cycle) just like Amex does for their 1500x4 & 20K milestone, even i came to know last month only. If possible get your billing cycle changed to 1/2/3rd of month else make a habbit of checking months total fuel fill till date before refilling.

rixypanther

TF Select
Yes thats how they calculate ( 1 to 30/31st irrespective of billing cycle) just like Amex does for their 1500x4 & 20K milestone, even i came to know last month only. If possible get your billing cycle changed to 1/2/3rd of month else make a habbit of checking months total fuel fill till date before refilling.
Thank God I didn't fuel yesterday was about to do that but long lines at the pump made me change my decision. Will fuel now at BPCL pump using my SBI BPCL card for the remaining days of this month . Though I have lost 100 ER points this month. Axis is at fault here though as per their terms and conditions it's mentioned one can earn 1000 ER points in a billing cycle by fueling at IOCL pumps while here instead of billing cycle they are considering spends in a particular month rather than the billing cycle period.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Thank God I didn't fuel yesterday was about to do that but long lines at the pump made me change my decision. Will fuel now at BPCL pump using my SBI BPCL card for the remaining days of this month . Though I have lost 100 ER points this month. Axis is at fault though here as in their terms and conditions it's mentioned one can earn 1000 ER points in a billing cycle by fueling at IOCL pumps while here instead of billing cycle they are considering spends in a particular month rather than the billing cycle period.
Call for cancellation of card & get 2500 er point as retention benefits

rixypanther

TF Select
Call for cancellation of card & get 2500 er point as retention benefits
I will do this just a month before cancelling this card because by that time I will have 17500 ER points so will use these 2500 ER points to have a total of 20000 ER points and redeem them for a voucher.
Also I wanted to know if I close my card, will I lose my ER points also. I have LTF Myzone and Kiwi Kwik credit cards also and points of all these are also linked to each other

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Also I wanted to know if I close my card, will I lose my ER points also. I have LTF Myzone and Kiwi Kwik credit cards also and points of all these are also linked to each other
Bro now the retention benefits are given so easily why wait ..

No your points are not going anywhere untill expired

100Rabh_negi

TF Premier
Bro now the retention benefits are given so easily why wait ..

No your points are not going anywhere untill expired
Is there any such retention option for Airtel card as well ? I recently got retention ER for Paid IOCL card and would like to try same for Airtel card which is due renewal in June. What happens if i raise a card closure request and they accept it without asking anything 😀. will be a Moye Moye moment for me.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Is there any such retention option for Airtel card as well ? I recently got retention ER for Paid IOCL card and would like to try same for Airtel card which is due renewal in June. What happens if i raise a card closure request and they accept it without asking anything 😀. will be a Moye Moye moment for me.
You can get retention offer once in 6 month across all card .. keep getting at 6 month

Also since airtel is cashback card don't try ..
U can negotiate for fee waiver .. what else they would offer in retention ..i have no experience with cashback cards

100Rabh_negi

TF Premier
You can get retention offer once in 6 month across all card .. keep getting at 6 month

Also since airtel is cashback card don't try ..
U can negotiate for fee waiver .. what else they would offer in retention ..i have no experience with cashback cards
Thanks for the info, btw Airtel card is still worth it even with its annual fees and slightly reduced benefits. Will try calling them and see what can i get at the time of renewal.