• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Credit Card Work Address Issue

Harish

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi,

Recently applied for credit card limit enhancement for Axis select but got declined later since there was no work address updated under my credit card account. When I spoke to the phone banking department they said to visit the branch. When I visited the branch, branch members gone through my account and said permanent and communication address updated. There is no option to update work address. I have visited multiple location branches they don't know about work address.

Skid

TF Buzz
I am also facing the same issue trying to update my work address from last 6 months still not resolved. Tried all possible means from phone banking to chat support to Nodal officer to PNO but could not get any solution to it . Everytime they just ask for the new address take a request and do nothing. There customer support literally sucks. Lastly they advised to visit branch and submit CRF Form to branch didn't get a chance to visit branch after this communication. Lets see what happens.
Now axis Bank says address update is not possible only i need to have a salary account with them. @TechnoFino Any idea what step should i take next ??

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-04-20-11-04-37-277_com.microsoft.office.outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-04-20-11-04-37-277_com.microsoft.office.outlook.jpg
    707.7 KB · Views: 21

nirsark

TF Premier
I faced this issue "Axis Bank Credit Card Address Change" and solved it. Let me elaborate it:

In 2020, I took Axis Flipkart CC, and I put Jadavpur University Address as my work address.

Cut to January 2022, I applied for Axis Ace CC, and My Axis Ace card got dispatched to my University address, but I passed out from university already... I could still take in-hand delivery from Bluedart, but my university area Bluedart guys are too stubborn since I didn't put any department name on my address, they marked it undelivered without calling me. (I visited their office, and they said they can't give me there, and they also can't deliver to the university address since no department is mentioned, "Do you own Jadavpur University? Is that your Home?" They said to me... and after 7 days of holding it in their hub, they sent it back to Mumbai.)

I had to update my work address first before it re-dispatches. So, I visited Axis Bank Jadavpur Branch the same day (it is nearby our university), and gave the branch guys this story:

I used to work at JU as a JRF Scholar, so my Work Address was set to JU. Now I am no longer with them, but since my address was not updated with Axis, they sent my Ace CC to University Address. I am currently not employed anywhere. Kindly update my Work Address as per my Aadhaar (which was my home address), so that next time it is shipped to my residential address.

Good thing is that I had Axis Bank Account (not that branch, but a nearby branch in Kolkata), so it was easier to convince them. They took my Aadhaar Card, xeroxed it, and the woman there updated my Work Address and Communication Address as per Aadhaar. It was updated within 1 day.

I had to wait for 7 days for Bluedart to send the parcel back to Mumbai (they won't redirect it to my home without Axis Bank instructions, and Axis Bank said they can only re-ship once it gets back to them), and immediately I contacted Axis Bank for re-shipment. They took the request. The next day it shipped from Mumbai again, the day after I got Ace credit card at my home address.

I suggest you all who are facing the same issue to please visit your nearest Axis Bank branch and give some story, and it will be updated within 1 day.

Skid

TF Buzz
@nirsark Actually PNO earlier told me go to branch so i visited Axis Bank Nabapally Barasat which is near to my home. They took my request submitted form to them with all valid documents adhaar card etc. But recently the branch manager called me and said they need and office address proof so i said them i am ready to provide Payslip or Appointment letter but they said its not in the list of valid documents they need Adhaar Card in the office address .... Now does that make any sense??

The branch manager told he understands that doesn't make any sense but he cant change without valid document. He said he will mail the same to PNO and also asked mail the same after that I got the above mail from PNO.

Now the branch credit card guy is pushing me to take a new higher variant credit card ( Axis Vistara ) which will in any case will update the address and also will come with higher limit.
I am also facing the same issue trying to update my work address from last 6 months still not resolved. Tried all possible means from phone banking to chat support to Nodal officer to PNO but could not get any solution to it . Everytime they just ask for the new address take a request and do nothing. There customer support literally sucks. Lastly they advised to visit branch and submit CRF Form to branch didn't get a chance to visit branch after this communication. Lets see what happens.

nirsark

TF Premier
Ah ... JU ... Nice!

You were lucky that Axis updated. I faced a similar issue with SBI and they took ages to rectify it. No bank like SBI, seriously :)
Yes as expected from SBI. :cautious:

I got simplyclick mastercard. Asked them to change to visa variant, they said they cannot do it. I fought with them for over 2 months literally... they gave tons of reasons... but denied to change...

nirsark

TF Premier
@nirsark Actually PNO earlier told me go to branch so i visited Axis Bank Nabapally Barasat which is near to my home. They took my request submitted form to them with all valid documents adhaar card etc. But recently the branch manager called me and said they need and office address proof so i said them i am ready to provide Payslip or Appointment letter but they said its not in the list of valid documents they need Adhaar Card in the office address .... Now does that make any sense??

The branch manager told he understands that doesn't make any sense but he cant change without valid document. He said he will mail the same to PNO and also asked mail the same after that I got the above mail from PNO.

Now the branch credit card guy is pushing me to take a new higher variant credit card ( Axis Vistara ) which will in any case will update the address and also will come with higher limit.
Well, yes this will happen if you ask them directly for a work address change. They will try to give some excuse. Only way to go around them is giving similar story like mine:

Mention these:

1. First, say you got this card as a pre-approved offer from Bank. (Your branch won't go to check this fact, so just slip this fact anytime during your interaction.)
  2. You used to work at your mentioned work address earlier but now left your job.
  3. You are currently not employed, so you cannot take delivery at your work address. (OR) You left your job and now doing business. So, you need delivery at home address.
And visit a different branch than your home branch. If possible visit the branch nearest to your previous office address, they will understand your problem best.

All the best.

Skid

TF Buzz
Well, yes this will happen if you ask them directly for a work address change. They will try to give some excuse. Only way to go around them is giving similar story like mine:

Mention these:

1. First, say you got this card as a pre-approved offer from Bank. (Your branch won't go to check this fact, so just slip this fact anytime during your interaction.)
  2. You used to work at your mentioned work address earlier but now left your job.
  3. You are currently not employed, so you cannot take delivery at your work address. (OR) You left your job and now doing business. So, you need delivery at home address.
And visit a different branch than your home branch. If possible visit the branch nearest to your previous office address, they will understand your problem best.

All the best.
I will try this but I dont think they will help any way as i do not hold any Axis bank account.

Last edited:

rcks750

TF Select
I faced this issue "Axis Bank Credit Card Address Change" and solved it. Let me elaborate it:

In 2020, I took Axis Flipkart CC, and I put Jadavpur University Address as my work address.

Cut to January 2022, I applied for Axis Ace CC, and My Axis Ace card got dispatched to my University address, but I passed out from university already... I could still take in-hand delivery from Bluedart, but my university area Bluedart guys are too stubborn since I didn't put any department name on my address, they marked it undelivered without calling me. (I visited their office, and they said they can't give me there, and they also can't deliver to the university address since no department is mentioned, "Do you own Jadavpur University? Is that your Home?" They said to me... and after 7 days of holding it in their hub, they sent it back to Mumbai.)

I had to update my work address first before it re-dispatches. So, I visited Axis Bank Jadavpur Branch the same day (it is nearby our university), and gave the branch guys this story:

I used to work at JU as a JRF Scholar, so my Work Address was set to JU. Now I am no longer with them, but since my address was not updated with Axis, they sent my Ace CC to University Address. I am currently not employed anywhere. Kindly update my Work Address as per my Aadhaar (which was my home address), so that next time it is shipped to my residential address.

Good thing is that I had Axis Bank Account (not that branch, but a nearby branch in Kolkata), so it was easier to convince them. They took my Aadhaar Card, xeroxed it, and the woman there updated my Work Address and Communication Address as per Aadhaar. It was updated within 1 day.

I had to wait for 7 days for Bluedart to send the parcel back to Mumbai (they won't redirect it to my home without Axis Bank instructions, and Axis Bank said they can only re-ship once it gets back to them), and immediately I contacted Axis Bank for re-shipment. They took the request. The next day it shipped from Mumbai again, the day after I got Ace credit card at my home address.

I suggest you all who are facing the same issue to please visit your nearest Axis Bank branch and give some story, and it will be updated within 1 day.
Is the new card can't be delivered to the current / permanent address ?

theneerex

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I've tried the below things to update my work address in the credit card and nothing works.
  1. Via the app - No option
  2. Via customer care - They tried multiple times but they keep getting errors, they don't have the authorisation apparently
  3. Via branch - Their system didn't even have an option to update work address in the credit card. The lady was nice enough to show me their system. We tried to look around but couldn't really find anything

The branch's suggestion was to apply for a new card, which I don't want to do.

If someone knows any other solution, please help. I need to update the work address to get a limit enhancement on my ACE card. Stuck with a low limit for 1.5 years now