• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Bank - The most confused bank in India

telescope

TF Ace
I currently hold flipkart axis cc. Decided to close it soon before renewal because they increased minimum spend criteria for annual fee reversal.

Last week of September: saw advertisement of LTF neo card, went to website, applied. Got call next day from their regional CC office and they said they'll send executive for documents pickup. She said only aadhar and pan, no income proof.

I agreed and told her to send executive. Waited till evening, nobody came. Called back the number and she said, "sir, you already completed kyc in August, you did not tell me. Your kyc is already complete as per my system". I said, "how is that even possible?". She replied "you did kyc and I have forwarded what ever is showing in my system". Then she hung up. For a moment I was dumbfounded, but I let it pass. Only regret is one wasted cibil enquiry.

Yesterday: a lady called me up in the morning and asked me that my kyc is pending for cc application and whether I want to complete it. She was calling from Raipur Chattisgarh (not my state). I narrated the above incident. She said, "no worries sir, I'll send you link of vkyc, you can complete vkyc now." I said "but I was told the last time that vkyc is not possible". She replied "vkyc is not available for every customer but it is available for you, it's your choice, you can go for vkyc or document pickup by executive".
I agreed for vkyc.

When I went to axis website, after entering application number, it gave me error message "sorry you are not eligible for vkyc".

Called her up. She said, "it is because you already have a savings account and vkyc is only for new customers. I'll send you executive, send me your address" . I said I had savings account which I closed long ago. She said in her system it is showing active savings account. Then I said "send executive to whatever address is there in application form". She said, she can't see customer's address. Reluctantly I sent her my address over sms.

After a few minutes, she called back. Said, "sorry sir your document pickup is not possible because you just now applied and cancelled another credit card application, you can only apply after 3 months".

I was like madam what are you talking about? Why I would apply and cancel another cc application today? She repeated, not possible now, only after 3 months. And hung up.

Point to be noted: I had savings account which I closed few years ago, only holding flipkart card and nothing else. Even in axis mobile app it only shows flipkart cc and no savings account.

Last edited:

aashish2137

TF Select
I've Axis myzone and Magnus. Every 2 months I get a call that I've some pending points in my Axis FK card and I should use them before they expire. They have no other details about that card. It sounds like a scam so I tell them to let them expire. Then they call next month with the same next. So weird..