• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis bank mobile app shows pre-approved offers for CC only holders

CyberPsych

TF Ace
shows incorrect information error. (Recheck your application) error
Atleast you get this error second time. Many here got this error at first time itself. I am trying for past 6 moths occasionally through different numbers no luck. One guy was trying from March and gave up. What I personally noticed is, if your first card with Axis is Airtel (and your income, CIBIL, etc is eligible to qualify for the card), the application doesn't show this error and moves forward to VKYC. I think the "incorrect information" error is Axis's indirect way of saying you already have an Axis credit card.

You can try this method suggested by S S V (read full thread to understand the situation) https://www.technofino.in/community...of-relationship-with-a-bank.20825/post-460649

sahildca

TF Premier
"incorrect information" error is Axis's indirect way of saying you already have an Axis credit card.
may be.
but when i had applied for airtel axis at that time i already had fk axis which i got previous month, and application goes smoothly and also vkyc was done successfully.
only axis reject by sending reason in email " you have availed axis card recently"
i think airtel gives only one time for applying by One PAN (hit or miss)

CyberPsych

TF Ace
Yes, they better change the "incorrect information" error in Airtel Thanks App to "you already have an Axis card" like GPay app shows when someone tries to apply for Ace while having an Axis CC already.

LordPSN

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I think its not valid for me anymore.
So now it is showing the screen
"We will need further information from you. Then started asking my salary and other details." It is showing 3 steps process.
So I guess its not pre approved anymore but a fresh new application!

LordPSN

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I think its not valid for me anymore.
So now it is showing the screen
"We will need further information from you. Then started asking my salary and other details." It is showing 3 steps process.
So I guess its not pre approved anymore but a fresh new application!
Wow...
Now showing "Sorry looks like you already have a credit card from axis. Please go to xxxx for exciting offers."
Lol

Last edited:

helloworld

TF Legend
Anyone?

Have axis credit card (no banking relationship) which is changed to 'another number than issued number'. When checking for pre-approved offers, in profile and while application it showing 'old number' rather 'current number'.

Any idea will it change back to 'old number' upon approval of new card or link to new number?

Note: Its about pre-approved card section.

Last edited:

CyberPsych

TF Ace
which is changed to 'another number than issued number'.
I have read here in TF, that if you change your mobile number through Axis mobile app, it is changed on a 'surface' level only (for purposes like OTP, bill reminder SMS, etc) and you need to visit bank to change it in bank's database. The bank still has the mobile number provided during application linked to your credit card account.

helloworld

TF Legend
I have read here in TF, that if you change your mobile number through Axis mobile app, it is changed on a 'surface' level only (for purposes like OTP, bill reminder SMS, etc) and you need to visit bank to change it in bank's database. The bank still has the mobile number provided during application linked to your credit card account.

Good to know, just stopped application because if they changed to old number, then its difficult to update to new number now. Will be careful.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Good to know, just stopped application because if they changed to old number, then its difficult to update to new number now. Will be careful.
lts break it down..

1) you applied for CC1 - with RMN 1
2)you changed RM! to RMN2 for CC1..
3) you are checking now in pre-approved section : it is showing RM1 .. where is it showing ??
SS Please

helloworld

TF Legend
lts break it down..

1) you applied for CC1 - with RMN 1
2)you changed RM! to RMN2 for CC1..
3) you are checking now in pre-approved section : it is showing RM1 .. where is it showing ??
SS Please

Two places:

My Profile - Mobile number contains old mobile number.

Apply Now - Profile Icon, something like "Hello! Name, Old Mobile Number"

1703095999694.png

This is Old number, but current card working with new number (OTPs etc.) like @CyberPsych said, maybe changed only on surface not through database.

I told them to stop appying now until this clears, need to find someone at bank.

CyberPsych

TF Ace
Two places:

1703095999694.png

This is Old number, but current card working with new number (OTPs etc.) like @CyberPsych said, maybe changed only on surface not through database.

I told them to stop appying now until this clears, need to find someone at bank.
Yes, I have read this mobile number updation in threads where people applied Axis Ace card from their friend's/parent's mobile number & e-mail ID (through GPay ofcourse) and later changed to their number by visiting bank.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Two places:

1703095999694.png

if we go by this logic ...

if you apply a new card with new number , your old number will be overwritten.. with new number .. which is what you want right??

helloworld

TF Legend
if we go by this logic ...

if you apply a new card with new number , your old number will be overwritten.. with new number .. which is what you want right??

yes, since its pre-approved offer don't know where OTP will go. Didn't applied because they had only 5 cards which are not good, before that checking how it works?

What's the process after selecting the card?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
yes, since its pre-approved offer don't know where OTP will go. Didn't applied because they had only 5 cards which are not good, before that checking how it works?

What's the process after selecting the card?
there won't be any OTP required ...
I had got my samsung inifinite.. like that only.. it just shows all your details as per records, you need verify, review and confirm.. thats it ..