• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Bank Issuing Cancellation Notices for Using Personal Credit Cards for Business Expenses

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Dear TFC members,

I would like to inform you that Axis Bank has begun sending commercial use notifications to their HNI cardholders as well. As you may already know, Axis Bank has a history of cancelling their customers' cashback cards such as Axis Ace and Axis Flipkart Card if they are used for business purposes.

Recently, Axis Bank has sent suspected commercial use notifications to their HNI cardholders such as Axis Magnus, Axis Reserve, etc. Unfortunately, I have also received a notification from Axis Bank and they are requesting spending justification within the next seven working days.
Screenshot_20230314_133527_Gmail.jpg
In case a customer is unable to justify their spending as personal, the bank will close all their credit cards.
During that time frame (Dec 2022 and Jan 2023), all of my spending was personal. I am currently in the process of submitting all the necessary documents to Axis Bank for spending justification.
The primary reason for this post is to advise our members that even if you are using a high-end credit card from a bank, they may still flag your transactions if they are related to business expenses.
If you intend to charge anything other than personal expenses to your personal credit card, please exercise caution.

Edit:- many people are asking for subject line of the email, Here it is- "Commercial Usage on your Axis Bank Credit Card Accounts"
Screenshot_20230314_202203_Gmail.jpg
Update - Axis Bank has already sent notifications to more than 200 accounts on March 4, 2023. Now they have sent such a cancellation notice to more than 500 credit card accounts yesterday. and they are also filtering more accounts. (S.N.)

Last edited:

Indian

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
In front of banking regulator and income tax department we can’t go like that.
With a 50 lakh portfolio no bank will take the pain of them being noticed for weak fraud checks
if its fraud check they close the card without notice! , as your stand every bank adhered the regulations? Please read written off loans every year in RBI website, demonetization era we all witnessed , how the currency exchange happened ? you watched recent thala movie ? private bank or institution running for PROFIT PROFIT PROFIT! They can take pain if customer credit worthy.

dileep

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Update -
Axis Bank has already sent notifications to more than 200 accounts on March 4, 2023. Now they have sent such a cancellation notice to more than 500 credit card accounts yesterday. and they are also filtering more accounts.
Where r those 500 PPL pls come forward I only see ur post here regarding that

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
if its fraud check they close the card without notice! , as your stand every bank adhered the regulations? Please read written off loans every year in RBI website, demonetization era we all witnessed , how the currency exchange happened ? you watched recent thala movie ? private bank or institution running for PROFIT PROFIT PROFIT! They can take pain if customer credit worthy.
Got ur point
Yes thala movie and insurance scam is true

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
What was your average monthly spends and what percentage of credit utilisation was there?

I used to think if u keep utilisation under 10-20%, then no bank will doubt business transactions irrespective of whatever you do.

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
In front of banking regulator and income tax department we can’t go like that.
With a 50 lakh portfolio no bank will take the pain of them being noticed for weak fraud checks
This was overdue. Banks are under pressure.. Too much publicity nowadays is bad publicity.. Axis Magnus, HNI are getting too much limelight, hacks and all, they were bound to react to curb misuse.. while TF may be genuine there may be many who aren't in their usage..CCs have become a fad now.. will soon die down once people have to actually pay back...its a lure to make us spend more... dark times ahead with a looming recession

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
His @TechnoFino card not going to close axis, as he may having more savings than cards with axis,( 5 cards with axis must be having some investments) he will handle this issue is his left hand, Example my friend received same notice from icici in 2018 , he replied i won't share any documents as you are not entitle to verify , you must ask the vendor or merchant for genuine transaction , if you close the card ,i close my savings account along with other investments, then nothing happen so far.
Fantastic 🤣

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
We need a new thread with

Were the transactions related to running ads on Google, Fb, Amazon or something similar?
In my case, using a personal credit card for e-commerce ads resulted in a financial query from the credit card company. If the total amount spent in a year is close to 50 lakhs, it's necessary to separate and divide the amount into all credit cards. However, if the amount is between 12-25 lakhs, there shouldn't be any issues. Please note, this advice is for sole proprietors only, not agencies or partnerships. and i always use multiple card and add all my personal expense too and nowadays each would transaction would be 4956 x 10/20/30.

Last edited:

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
May be we all maintain a standard template reply whoever get notice we respond to axis😋
yeah in the future it will come handy just open note/google keep or any app you use for daily task or note-taking app and keep a template for various bank and just copy and edit some detail and send. voila, no need to sweat.

oshan

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Credit Card Expert
Actually too many CC geeks are underestimating the risk if income tax notices and penalties in todays tech age where we cant avoid showing 100 rs of interest. That will come and bite people a lot. Always keep credit card spend max 60-65% of your annual ITR.
You need to do it properly, file extra income as business income as a commission agent or file in other income
maintain books of accounts, you will be sorted