• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Bank Atlas Declined

keeleri_achu

TF Buzz
Hey Everyone,

I applied for Axis Bank Atlas the other day, I saw the eligibility criteria as of 9LPA for salaried folks and decided to apply.

I have around 23LPA Salary, 2 credit cards as of now (Amex MRCC - 3.5L Limit, HDFC PayTM Card - 3.3L Limit), 791 CIBIL, Have a salary account in ICICI, and one savings account in HDFC. I have a couple of International trips planned, so I researched and thought this was a better card for the benefits.

I applied and next day got a call from an Axis bank representative who asked for the last 3 months' payslip. Now the thing is I have opted for around 40K of monthly salary to be received as stock option as my company will contribute another 20% on top of this (This is not RSU but direct stock with no restrictions, free to sell anytime) and also I am part of the Company car lease program so another 25k is paid for that, so, in the end, my in-hand as per payslip is around 95k ish and this representative said, they cannot take the application forward as minimum 1L take home salary is the requirement.

I tried to explain and also in the payslip there is a form16 summary which is shown in Jan's payslip as Annual income is around 22L. Then they asked if I had any card with an above 5L limit which I also don't have. So they confirmed that they cannot take the application forward.

Has anyone had any similar experiences like this? Also if they need 1L as take-home, why advertise 9L LPA as the eligibility criteria for the card :( .

Cheers!

sidp

TF Ace
Has anyone had any similar experiences like this?
At eod, it's bank decision whom to give cc. We or rbi can't do anything about it.

What you can do is escalate and ask them to reconsider. Share last year itr. Screenshot of their published criteria. And 9lpa is net credit. So last 12months bank statement showing salary credit might do the trick.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hey Everyone,

I applied for Axis Bank Atlas the other day, I saw the eligibility criteria as of 9LPA for salaried folks and decided to apply.

I have around 23LPA Salary, 2 credit cards as of now (Amex MRCC - 3.5L Limit, HDFC PayTM Card - 3.3L Limit), 791 CIBIL, Have a salary account in ICICI, and one savings account in HDFC. I have a couple of International trips planned, so I researched and thought this was a better card for the benefits.

I applied and next day got a call from an Axis bank representative who asked for the last 3 months' payslip. Now the thing is I have opted for around 40K of monthly salary to be received as stock option as my company will contribute another 20% on top of this (This is not RSU but direct stock with no restrictions, free to sell anytime) and also I am part of the Company car lease program so another 25k is paid for that, so, in the end, my in-hand as per payslip is around 95k ish and this representative said, they cannot take the application forward as minimum 1L take home salary is the requirement.

I tried to explain and also in the payslip there is a form16 summary which is shown in Jan's payslip as Annual income is around 22L. Then they asked if I had any card with an above 5L limit which I also don't have. So they confirmed that they cannot take the application forward.

Has anyone had any similar experiences like this? Also if they need 1L as take-home, why advertise 9L LPA as the eligibility criteria for the card :( .

Cheers!
1) It’s good that you have researched which card is best suitable for your upcoming spends..
2) However point 1 is only half the story. After knowing your card , you have to research how to apply and get that card successfully from the Bank concerned… Here it seems you are lacking
3) every bank has their own set of rules and set of procedures they follow and set of channels they procure business..
4) now getting back to drawing board , research how to get an Axis bank CC given your current scenario..
All the best

Shoxie

TF Premier
Get some other card like Myzone and upgrade to Atlas using that ard after a few months
I've been using Ace for two years now, but have no updrage offers within the app now. I used to have 5+ upgrade offers at times. Axis is weird.

keeleri_achu

TF Buzz
At eod, it's bank decision whom to give cc. We or rbi can't do anything about it.

What you can do is escalate and ask them to reconsider. Share last year itr. Screenshot of their published criteria. And 9lpa is net credit. So last 12months bank statement showing salary credit might do the trick.
I have mailed the nodal officer team along with my form16 of last year asking if it was a possibility, not heard back from them yet other than that they are reviewing the case.

dungeonMaster

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Well you're in the same shoes as mine, I do the same invest in espp, pf and nps. After that my net take reduces alot.
When I applied for magnus agent didn't processed my application for the same reason citing min 1.5L pm salary required.
During the same time I searched threads here and found that we can even get magnus if existing card limit is 4L+.
Luckily had icici amazon with 5L limit. Icici is generous in giving limits, so used that to get the magnus.

AlphaCAT

TF Ace
Contributor
Hey Everyone,

Cheers!
They have changed the criteria now .

Earlier u would have got the card . For C2C also now the min limit is 5lac for Atlas , earlier u could have got in 3 lacs also .

Like earlier 4lac would have fetched u Magnus , even Reserve but now as per CC they require 10L existing card limit .

Axis ke nakhde kuuch zyaada hi badh gaye hain bhai 🥹

sidp

TF Ace
I have mailed the nodal officer team along with my form16 of last year asking if it was a possibility, not heard back from them yet other than that they are reviewing the case.
With fy-end so close, it's weird how strict they are with salary criteria. But their perspective is also valid as you can only spend your regular disposal income on them. Not your nps contribution or any facility offered by company.

One thing you can do is take the select card. With your net salary you'll get decent cl to upgrade to atlas once you get upgradation offer after 3-4m. But in this case you may have to pay joining fee of 2 cards (though youll get activation rewards of select to partially recover jf)
Else you can try getting regalia gold at least. If you transfer salary account, who knows, you might even get ltf. Any day that would be better than select. But existing paytm card might create a problem. Hdfc is more interested in acquiring new customer than serving old ones.

dungeonMaster

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I think you can get icici coral as ltf since you have salary account with them and they generally give good limit. You can use the same to get atlas.

_amit_

TF Premier
Criteria are requirements, not absolutes. Fulfilling all would not mean acceptance, and reverse is also not always true.

Credit card team can accept or deny based on their discretion.
IMO, you may try two things if you really need it badly:
1. Calling support might not be much helpful. Go to nearest branch and ask for credit card sales person. If that branch has one and that person is "Jugadoo", things might get in motion. I would not recommend things you might not prefer, like if they ask you to open account there or buy some other product.
2. Just email the PNO for reconsideration with some added details you think might help.

Shoxie

TF Premier
Criteria are requirements, not absolutes. Fulfilling all would not mean acceptance, and reverse is also not always true.

Credit card team can accept or deny based on their discretion.
IMO, you may try two things if you really need it badly:
1. Calling support might not be much helpful. Go to nearest branch and ask for credit card sales person. If that branch has one and that person is "Jugadoo", things might get in motion. I would not recommend things you might not prefer, like if they ask you to open account there or buy some other product.
2. Just email the PNO for reconsideration with some added details you think might help.
Yup, agree with this advice. Emailing PNO again for reconsideration should be the way to go.