• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Automatic Purchase of Multibrand Voucher in my Edge Rewards Account (Magnus Card)

dishank_24

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I recently got updated to Axis Magnus from Axis Privilege in november 2022. At that time I had around 60K ERP in my account. I was Happy that I got a conversion ratio of the old card changed to 5:4.

Suddenly, on the 12-01-2023. I got a mail saying 62500 point redeemed for the purchase of Multibrand Vouchers (5000 x 5) and they sent me the voucher codes. I did not redeem the voucher code and Called the customer care and sent mail to dispute this transaction. I did not do that transaction. Since that day I haven't been able to login to my Axis Edge rewards or travel edge account through their website or Netbanking. I can see my transaction history through mobile app Axis Mobile. In the app it shows normal redemption and delivery of the voucher.

I am unable to resolve this issue. Kindly help me with this. Any information will help. Is there a way I can get back my points or I will have to compulsorily use my Vouchers only?

TheMentalist

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I recently got updated to Axis Magnus from Axis Privilege in november 2022. At that time I had around 60K ERP in my account. I was Happy that I got a conversion ratio of the old card changed to 5:4.

Suddenly, on the 12-01-2023. I got a mail saying 62500 point redeemed for the purchase of Multibrand Vouchers (5000 x 5) and they sent me the voucher codes. I did not redeem the voucher code and Called the customer care and sent mail to dispute this transaction. I did not do that transaction. Since that day I haven't been able to login to my Axis Edge rewards or travel edge account through their website or Netbanking. I can see my transaction history through mobile app Axis Mobile. In the app it shows normal redemption and delivery of the voucher.

I am unable to resolve this issue. Kindly help me with this. Any information will help. Is there a way I can get back my points or I will have to compulsorily use my Vouchers only?
Did you close the Privilege card and then apply for Magnus, or somehow upgraded directly to Magnus??

shub

TF Buzz

what's your privileged credit limit..?

shub

TF Buzz
What does Privilege's credit limit got to do with this guy's issue in hand? Please stay relevant in the conversation.
actually i also have privileged credit card, as i know direct update to privileged to mangus is quite rare, that's why I'm asking about limit, In my senerio they giving update to atlas , not high ends cards

dishank_24

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Just got the reply from Axis Premium support and refused all my requests and now I have to bear 25k multibrand vouchers for 62500 points... What a waste... If any help is possible kindly do.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-01-29-23-52-44-17_e307a3f9df9f380ebaf106e1dc980bb6.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-29-23-52-44-17_e307a3f9df9f380ebaf106e1dc980bb6.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 55

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Have you tried using those vouchers ? Have they been used up or still not redeemed ? Worse case, you may utilise the vouchers for your use.

I have never redeemed my edge points for vouchers , so not sure how the process works but I am sure it may be asking for some otp during redemption process.

gurbina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
OTP is needed no? If you can prove you didn't receive an OTP (ask Telcom for call/SMS logs for the given date) you can fight it and escalate.

Otherwise you're out of luck, these programs are always the same: "at their own discretion" and "can be changed at anytime".

Even for card fraud protection, while unfortunate they usually don't cover cases where OTP was used. It is being used almost like a replacement for signature and "irrefutable" proof that you either did the transaction or gave the information to someone else to do it in your behalf which in the eyes of the bank (and probably RBI) that makes you responsible for it.

TheMentalist

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Just got the reply from Axis Premium support and refused all my requests and now I have to bear 25k multibrand vouchers for 62500 points... What a waste... If any help is possible kindly do.
The automatic redemption might have been triggered due to the reason that your reward points expire when you close Privilege card as per this post

dishank_24

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
OTP is needed no? If you can prove you didn't receive an OTP (ask Telcom for call/SMS logs for the given date) you can fight it and escalate.

Otherwise you're out of luck, these programs are always the same: "at their own discretion" and "can be changed at anytime".

Even for card fraud protection, while unfortunate they usually don't cover cases where OTP was used. It is being used almost like a replacement for signature and "irrefutable" proof that you either did the transaction or gave the information to someone else to do it in your behalf which in the eyes of the bank (and probably RBI) that makes you responsible for it.
No OTP was not given. But this according to them is not the kind of transaction that can be escalated with anyone other than themselves.

Thanks for your kind help everyone I think this thread can be closed now. If it happens again I will repost and link to this thread.

Thank you everyone for your support. I am now going to redeem those codes.

insight

TF Ace
The automatic redemption might have been triggered due to the reason that your reward points expire when you close Privilege card as per this post
Is this because his P & M cards were back to back in SEQUENCE in terms of CLOSE - P and OPEN - Mag ?

Since they had NO CARD or AC in between the SYSTEM AUTO converted it?

I've had World Privilege MC for 3 years or so and plan to close it as I got Magnus in Mid 2023 (last few months).

I am thinking that ought to protect me from that emergent condition of "Auto Converting Points" as no Credit Card or Account exists to take POINTS it forward?

Am I at risk for similar auto conversion?

Last edited:

TheMentalist

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Is this because his P & M cards were back to back in SEQUENCE in terms of CLOSE - P and OPEN - Mag ? Since they had NO CARD or AC in between the SYSTEM AUTO converted it?

I've had World Privilege MC for 3 years or so and plan to close it as I got Magnus in Mid 2023 (last few months).

I am thinking that ought to protect me from that emergent condition of "Auto Converting Points" as no Credit Card or Account exists to take POINTS it forward?

Am I at risk for similar auto conversion?
No idea about this situation