• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Devaluation AU LIT Devaluation, no more 5x/10x Points on Utility and Education Payments

FinoGuy

TF Ace
AU to its customers
8xf7lbe9l8661.jpg

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod
2324d998-f15f-4762-945a-6bb44fe26844.jpeg

As most of the banks are coming down to purge the few Merchant Category from inclusion of earning reward points, such as Utility, Govt. Spends, Wallet Reload etc, AU has also joined the club with the “Exclusion List” for its LIT card

Now one will no longer be earning accelerated 5x/10x points on MCC category of Utility and Education payments. This is a new development from AU but the good part is that one can still earn points on this category on very basic rate, i.e. 1 pt per ₹100 spent unlike many other banks who completely stop the ability to earn points.

So to the AU LIT card holders, who were having good amount of expenditures on these categories, are you going to hold this card, or going to switch to any other alternative card for your spends? Let us know in the comments

FinoGuy

TF Ace
2324d998-f15f-4762-945a-6bb44fe26844.jpeg

As most of the banks are coming down to purge the few Merchant Category from inclusion of earning reward points, such as Utility, Govt. Spends, Wallet Reload etc, AU has also joined the club with the “Exclusion List” for its LIT card

Now one will no longer be earning accelerated 5x/10x points on MCC category of Utility and Education payments. This is a new development from AU but the good part is that one can still earn points on this category on very basic rate, i.e. 1 pt per ₹100 spent unlike many other banks who completely stop the ability to earn points.

So to the AU LIT card holders, who were having good amount of expenditures on these categories, are you going to hold this card, or going to switch to any other alternative card for your spends? Let us know in the comments
Another face of coin : LIT card was in my waitlist and I was about to apply in feb. But now reconsidering my decision.. There may be many more like me.. Devaluations do affect prospective new customers as well. Esp. for a bank like AU which limits to 1 card per customer..