• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

googley

TF Buzz
AU Bank has found a new way of trapping customer's money now. In case anyone has applied for a AU Zenith+ or any other credit card from the bank and want to get an add-on for any of your family members you would now need to create a savings account (customer ID) for that relation with AU Bank without which the add-on credit card would not be issued. The reason behind this silly logic is to validate the the add-on member is related to the primary card hold which does not make sense to me.

This is not mentioned anywhere in their card T&C.

It basically means that you have to lock-in the AMB amount of about 10K for each add-on member with AU Bank. Quite disappointing TBH.

I am not sure if such practices are even encouraged by RBI.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-05-11 at 4.35.59 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-05-11 at 4.35.59 PM.jpeg
    71.4 KB · Views: 10

helloworld

TF Legend
add-on holder should have account, if you apply through online - through branch nothing required.

at any point of time, primary holder don't need savings account to apply add-on cards. do check once on attached screenshot.

Btw, same rule applies: HDFC (if add-on has savings account, simple customer id is enough otherwise need to visit branch), ICICI (add-on doesn't have savings account need to visit branch). Same for YES, Federal.

HSBC, CITI, STANC must and should process manually for add-on application. HSBC can be possible entirely online but need to share docs to third party.

So, if branch visit is there then no savings account needed for any bank.

For your requirement (add-on can be applied online without any relationship), go for AMEX, IDFC, BOB.

rohit_sonii

TF Neo
Open a zero balance account for all add-on members and never use it. AU Digital Savings Account or BSDA Account both are good.
First one, gives some lounge benefits too.
Also, I recently got Zenith+, can add-on members share my lounge access limit?