• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

AU Bank card declined without any solid reason

qkDre

TF Buzz
Hello All! So I recently applied for AU bank Zenith card online and it was sort of soft approved but, today when I mailed them to know about my application status as it was more than 15 days since I have applied they said it's rejected. Now I want to know if is it worth trying to mail them about reconsideration or it's a dead end as I read similar stories on this thread and the horror they had to go through.

RupayMan

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hello All! So I recently applied for AU bank Zenith card online and it was sort of soft approved but, today when I mailed them to know about my application status as it was more than 15 days since I have applied they said it's rejected. Now I want to know if is it worth trying to mail them about reconsideration or it's a dead end as I read similar stories on this thread and the horror they had to go through.
Can I know where are you from? North or south?

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Don’t write for reconsideration, it would be a waste of time
From customer care to MD desk , you will get the same reply with some points out of which first point will be bold station
Does not meet internal guidelines of bank

RupayMan

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
My experience with AU is, they are still a rookie in credit card segment with no proper channel of approval or rejection. When yours got rejected, their is a high chance of not going to be approved sooner with the same application.

Here's what AU does,
1. Check for the existing card limit
2. Check for the applicant Cibil, if ok go to next step
3. Check for the applicant address serviceable or not
4. Check for the applicant company qualification if salaried and provide LTF or with fees
5. Finally approval.

In my case I am from South, here the card services started just 3 months back and when I apply in Jan it's rejected due to their internal policies, that is not able to do Full service.

qkDre

TF Buzz
My experience with AU is, they are still a rookie in credit card segment with no proper channel of approval or rejection. When yours got rejected, their is a high chance of not going to be approved sooner with the same application.

Here's what AU does,
1. Check for the existing card limit
2. Check for the applicant Cibil, if ok go to next step
3. Check for the applicant address serviceable or not
4. Check for the applicant company qualification if salaried and provide LTF or with fees
5. Finally approval.

In my case I am from South, here the card services started just 3 months back and when I apply in Jan it's rejected due to their internal policies, that is not able to do Full service.
I see I already have some high-end cards with good limit but I have applied as self-employed so maybe that's why they didn't approve as during verification they didn't even ask for any docs.

RupayMan

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I see I already have some high-end cards with good limit but I have applied as self-employed so maybe that's why they didn't approve as during verification they didn't even ask for any docs.
They do approve for self employed if it's in their serviceble area and applied through agents. Online is still a nightmare for self employed