• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Are pay later accounts any better?

hackymanoj

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello, I have recently requested to close my Amazon pay later, Flipkart pay later and Mobikwik zip. They have strictly said that once closed we can never open them again.

The reason I chose to close them is the number of open account on my profile is 42. So, I choose to close these pay later accounts. My credit age is 7 years and cibil is 787.

I'm also planning to close slice, postpe, paytm postpaid

Did I take the correct decision?

Solution
Hello, I have recently requested to close my Amazon pay later, Flipkart pay later and Mobikwik zip. They have strictly said that once closed we can never open them again.

The reason I chose to close them is the number of open account on my profile is 42. So, I choose to close these pay later accounts. My credit age is 7 years and cibil is 787.

I'm also planning to close slice, postpe, paytm postpaid

Did I take the correct decision?
Yes..
You have made the right decision..
BNPL accounts are not good for your credit score.. Close all the BNPL accounts they are not reqired if you have CCs.
Make sure they are all reported as closed to CIBIL..
Once they are reproted as closed your CIBIL score will improve..

Currently inspite of...

hackymanoj

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
If you have CIBIL paid subscription, look at under this place , it gives you the summary like below…

If you don’t have subscription, it is high time you get one, CIBIL paid subscription is for people just like you, the best use case scenario…

1709007582078.png
Yes, I do have cibil subscription. Looking in there