• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Are IDFC CC worth it ?

SC_23

TF Premier
So I opened my account recently but I am still waiting to get it unfrozen and given their poor service I am thinking of getting this account closed before completing 14 days. Just wanna know if any of their card is worth waiting for ? Heard they have devalued their cards a lot. Which card should I look out for ?

P.S. Do they offer discount on amazon/flipkart frequently ?

saiki4116

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Quite a few people saying Select to be decent, but what is so special about even Select which is not there in other easily available cards in market? 😅 I have IDFC select like i said above.. with all the devaluations I don't see how even that is good or has any unique USP.

Wealth I haven't explored much & not my variant so don't want to comment on that one. But unless I'm wrong about or missing out on something, dont agree about Select.
Depends on the cards that particular user has access to. If there's no card that someone can get acces to get like 2% return including milestone, along with Paytm BOGO and lounge access, this is a good option. Assuming you go for atleast 8 movies and 4 lounge visits in a year that's basically 4000₹ value(8*250, 4*500) without paying any fees. The 10x after 20K or 25K is basically sort of like a monthly milestone. They do have some discounts on restaurants also.
It's not a superb card, but can be a decent card depending on the availability of the cards

saiki4116

TF Select
VIP Lounge
So I opened my account recently but I am still waiting to get it unfrozen and given their poor service I am thinking of getting this account closed before completing 14 days. Just wanna know if any of their card is worth waiting for ? Heard they have devalued their cards a lot. Which card should I look out for ?

Not sure why, even my KYC was delayed. Even the debit card reached before they have completed the KYC. Its basically the Branch employees shitting the bed here, things are faster without their involvement. No issues after the KYC it's fine

ltf4ever

TF Ace
I would suggest you better threaten those IDFC fools with account closure. I am gonna close mine even before getting a welcome kit as mf amc prefers biller payment via primary bank account only.
Doesn't work. I was a heavy spender on Select before devaluation and had made this as my primary card. I told them that I am expecting heavy spending in the coming months and would need Wealth variant (for which I was already eligible). And that I would stop using the Select card as my primary card.
Their response was worse than govt banks and bluntly replied that IDFC does not have card upgrade feature. So as I said, I stopped using the card.

iAmPm

TF Premier
Doesn't work. I was a heavy spender on Select before devaluation and had made this as my primary card. I told them that I am expecting heavy spending in the coming months and would need Wealth variant (for which I was already eligible). And that I would stop using the Select card as my primary card.
Their response was worse than govt banks and bluntly replied that IDFC does not have card upgrade feature. So as I said, I stopped using the card.
Whats the eligibility criteria of wealth cc for salaried person?

hariselio

TF Premier
I think something is different with this bank compared to other banks, especially the software / IT infrastructure...

They're adding some masalas :) in the transaction alerts sent by them. For example, transaction alert for a restaurant, starts like this, "Hope you had a great meal!"

Similarly fuel transaction alert shows, "Looks like you fuelled up for a long drive!"

Of course there is no value addition due to this, but they try to differentiate them from others.

BTW, Does anyone aware of offers for Addon cards by this bank? I received a credit of 500 in the statement which reads as addon cashback.

ltf4ever

TF Ace
I think something is different with this bank compared to other banks, especially the software / IT infrastructure...

They're adding some masalas :) in the transaction alerts sent by them. For example, transaction alert for a restaurant, starts like this, "Hope you had a great meal!"

Similarly fuel transaction alert shows, "Looks like you fuelled up for a long drive!"

Of course there is no value addition due to this, but they try to differentiate them from others.

BTW, Does anyone aware of offers for Addon cards by this bank? I received a credit of 500 in the statement which reads as addon cashback.
did you spend 15k on the addon card within 90 days of its generation? see this screenshot. maybe the offer is also valid on addon cards, but please confirm from other members of this community.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220815-110825-601.png
    Screenshot_20220815-110825-601.png
    181.5 KB · Views: 30

yolofino

TF Premier

Yes, addon cards from IDFC First bank has offer like 100% cashback on 1st transaction upto Rs. 500.

AsB

TF Ace

They offer discounts, if you pay JioFibre bill. But, it had a minimum amount of I think Rs 2000/-. Also, I have seen some offers in Flipkart too.

tuhin

TF Premier
Not a bad one if you are having Wealth/Select cards. All cards are good for Wallet load/payment. They give you points too which are missing from major banking providers. Thanks

iAmPm

TF Premier
I went through official site application after filling all the details they provided me Millennia card. I don't want anything less than select so I quitted. Now the issue is they made hard inquiry on cibil of 20k. Is there any way I can remove that or escalate and get select card. Or it won't harm me in future as this wasn't a rejection actually from their side.
PS: Net income of 12+L still got millennia with shitty limit.

sameerdes

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Depends on the cards that particular user has access to. If there's no card that someone can get acces to get like 2% return including milestone, along with Paytm BOGO and lounge access, this is a good option. Assuming you go for atleast 8 movies and 4 lounge visits in a year that's basically 4000₹ value(8*250, 4*500) without paying any fees. The 10x after 20K or 25K is basically sort of like a monthly milestone. They do have some discounts on restaurants also.
It's not a superb card, but can be a decent card depending on the availability of the cards
Missed this post for many weeks.

Regarding card access.. IDFC select is the 2nd from top card of IDFC if I'm not wrong & atleast when I was looking to apply it had an unofficial requirement of 12/15LPA+ income or even more. Can say this with good confidence since I comfortably match that income criteria & more. Additionally, I hold a salary account with IDFC itself too. Despite these 2 points, funnily enough they were refusing me this card back in Jan & Feb :) I had to escalate with IDFC to confirm the eligibility post which it got devalued soon. So, unless they've eased those criteria in the last 6 months (esp considering the devaluations), not sure if the easy access is a positive for this card either.

Post devaluations. certain specific points like RSA, Railway lounges aside the card didnt merit the exclusivity which I had to face in applying it.. Axis FK, Ace, Airtel or Apay & so many other/more cards offer similar or better core rewards.. Thus, all my posts in this thread regarding IDFC cards & the Select specifically :)

rjsudeep

TF Premier
Whats the eligibility criteria of wealth cc for salaried person?
They are likely to upgrade you if you have any card with limit of 5L. Alternatively, they ask for ITR which they claim has to be 35L, but you should get it even at 70% of that, which is still a steep ask.

Wealth is probably the only decent card from IDFC at the moment, or worst case Select. Millenia if you like the card design and not the features :LOL: