• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Anyone tried for upgrading Alumni DCB LTF -> Infinia LTF upgrade within 1 year?

ULTRA-MAGNUS

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hello, my lovely community,

I was curious to know if anyone who received DCB as LTF under the Alumni offer tried to apply for upgrade to Infinia LTF as well. What was the response from grievance.redressalcc@hdfc.com on this request? Did you succeed or was there a milestone given to fulfill this condition?

Thanks

Joker

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
They can convert your dcb to LTF even if your college is not part of the list but your spending is good
I hate HDFC, I have been holding the card for 5 years as primary card with approx 50k spending every month. Never received Auto LE just income based, no spend based benefits as well.

The strange part is based on my spending my DCB fee is waived off for next year and I do not have to pay any fee till 2024 & still they denied LTF conversion (despite being part of the Alumni college list). There's some hidden rules which I am missing for my account for sure, else I would have received infinia long back.

Max

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
@Joker did they provide a reason for denying LTF conversion?

For an upgrade to DCB via the Alumni Program, there is an income criteria >1.75L per month or 5L limit on existing HDFC card. If you meet the criteria, I’d suggest writing to grievance.redressalcc@hdfc.com, or escalating beyond If you already have done this.

ltf4ever

TF Ace
Many people are holding both as LTF
i mean, issued recently? they might be holding infinia as ltf when it was issued ltf during lockdown.

context:
i have a dcb Ltf but want to have an infinia paid as well, because of wider acceptability and better reward rate. infinia is practically free because renewal fees are credited as RPs. but i am afraid that they might stop giving these RPs in future. in that case, i should have an ltf card with me when i surrender the infinia.
but i dont want to convert my dcb to infinia because then, a future downgrade might not be ltf.
i am so worried because i continuously followed up for 6 months to get an ltf dcb!

Joker

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
@Joker did they provide a reason for denying LTF conversion?

For an upgrade to DCB via the Alumni Program, there is an income criteria >1.75L per month or 5L limit on existing HDFC card. If you meet the criteria, I’d suggest writing to grievance.redressalcc@hdfc.com, or escalating beyond If you already have done this.
I full fill all the criteria (income, alumni & good spending), they denied saying the offer is just for new card issuance & they can't convert existing DCB holders to LTF. Raised to grievance > priority redressal > nodal officer > RBI but they aren't budging at all.

Anyways I don't have to pay the fees till 2024 (hence seems stupid on part of HDFC to keep denying the conversion) & got magnus so no more spends on DCB (HDFC's Loss).

Reactions: Max

ssg9931309

TF Buzz
Sorry for the long question

I currently have HDFC Millennia Diner's edition; with a CL of 4 lacs (earlier it was 3lacs, but I got auto CE to 4lacs 1.5 months back). I am also from one of the institutions mentioned in HDFC list. But I don't have >1.75 lacs salary.

So my doubts are-
1. How can I be able to upgrade the limit to 5lacs (any idea how to do that manually), and once, upgraded to 5lacs, will I be able to upgrade my card to LTF DCB?
2. And can I still continue to hold the Millennia card? As, for my spends, Millennia is the better card with direct Cashback ; but I want DCB for the International Lounge access for me and my family members (via add on cards).

Max

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Sorry for the long question

I currently have HDFC Millennia Diner's edition; with a CL of 4 lacs (earlier it was 3lacs, but I got auto CE to 4lacs 1.5 months back). I am also from one of the institutions mentioned in HDFC list. But I don't have >1.75 lacs salary.

So my doubts are-
1. How can I be able to upgrade the limit to 5lacs (any idea how to do that manually), and once, upgraded to 5lacs, will I be able to upgrade my card to LTF DCB?
2. And can I still continue to hold the Millennia card? As, for my spends, Millennia is the better card with direct Cashback ; but I want DCB for the International Lounge access for me and my family members (via add on cards).
I’m glad you are cognizant that Millenia works the best for your expenditure and lifestyle, and are not chasing a card that doesn’t fit into your lifestyle. So, if lounge access is the prime/only motivation, there are other cards that are easier to get and will fulfill that objective, why don’t you think about that?

The way I would approach increasing your CL is to centralise all your household spends on this card for the next 6 months, and request a CLE on the back of the increased expenditure then. As you dont meet the earnings criteria, CL is the way to go. (I am speaking from personal experience that patience is key as I wanted an Infinia in 2018, but didn’t meet the criteria - worked at it for over 4 yrs and finally got it this month).

Alternatively, do you have another CC with a high CL? Could try for C2C that way.

ssg9931309

TF Buzz
I’m glad you are cognizant that Millenia works the best for your expenditure and lifestyle, and are not chasing a card that doesn’t fit into your lifestyle. So, if lounge access is the prime/only motivation, there are other cards that are easier to get and will fulfill that objective, why don’t you think about that?

The way I would approach increasing your CL is to centralise all your household spends on this card for the next 6 months, and request a CLE on the back of the increased expenditure then. As you dont meet the earnings criteria, CL is the way to go. (I am speaking from personal experience that patience is key as I wanted an Infinia in 2018, but didn’t meet the criteria - worked at it for over 4 yrs and finally got it this month).

Alternatively, do you have another CC with a high CL? Could try for C2C that way.
Currently I am using SBI Cashback for majority of my online spends, hence, Millennia (which is LTF) won't be used that much.
Alternatively, I have ICICI Amazon Pay and ICICI Platinum cards with 5.10 Lacs Limit in each of them. Can those be used to apply for LTF DCB using Alumni offer?

And is there a way to hold both Millennia and DCB?

ltf4ever

TF Ace
I full fill all the criteria (income, alumni & good spending), they denied saying the offer is just for new card issuance & they can't convert existing DCB holders to LTF. Raised to grievance > priority redressal > nodal officer > RBI but they aren't budging at all.

Anyways I don't have to pay the fees till 2024 (hence seems stupid on part of HDFC to keep denying the conversion) & got magnus so no more spends on DCB (HDFC's Loss).

try going to branch once.
if magnus is fulfilling your needs then there is no need to keep paying dcb fees if people having same income and background as you are getting it for free.
when your fyf expires, close the dcb, wait for cooldown period to end and then reapply as a 'new' card to get it ltf.

luckymurari

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

I think due to increase in number of applications lately for LTF conversion they might have have restricted it

I mailed to Grievance very recently and got my DCB card converted to LTF. They just asked my College certificate and didn't ask any other details. Try resending them the mail. may be it will help.