• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Anyone holds both BPCL and BPCL Octane credit cards?

Paras Jain

TF Premier
Hi all, I want to know if anyone has been able to get both BPCL and BPCL Octane credit cards from SBI in case they don't allow an upgrade from BPCL to Octane. I believe they won't approve Octane if applied separately especially if someone doesn't have an upgrade option. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
Have you got it now? I am thinking of getting BPCL now (working from home, so not much of travelling) and then upgrade to future for BPCL octane. Also, what were he rejection reasons for both times?
If it will go through it will be counted as downgrade...Octane having J/fee 1499 whicle Bpcl one hsving 499...
You can request citing Rare uses and Annual fee as a reason..They might consider

Last edited:

CyberPsych

TF Ace
If it will go through it will be counted as doengrade...Octane having J/fee 1499 whicle Bpcl one hsving 499...
You can request citing Rare uses and Annual fee as a reason..They might consider
No. I currently hold simply save card and thinking of changing it to BPCL normal card. Afterwards, I will ask them to upgrade to BPCL Octance which will not be a downgrade..

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
No. I currently hold simply save card and thinking of changing it to BPCL normal card. Afterwards, I will ask them to upgrade to BPCL Octance which will not be a downgrade..
So your ultimate aim is octane..
Better try from Simply save to Octane directly as octane counts as higher variant in respect of simply save and they might consider.Just put upgrade reqest with proper channel...Since Sbi octane card is co branded card so still ...I also tried but each time the suggesting to apply afresh for BPCL card .

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
I am quoting the first line for Sbi Simply save to Sbi Bpcl platinum one only...Its downgrade if accepted by sbi card but its rare to shift from simply save to bpcl ...they will tell you to apply afresh..

Pack_of_Cards

TF Premier
So your ultimate aim is octane..
Better try from Simply save to Octane directly as octane counts as higher variant in respect of simply save and they might consider.Just put upgrade reqest with proper channel...Since Sbi octane card is co branded card so still ...I also tried but each time the suggesting to apply afresh for BPCL card .
Hi @Rkr, does SBI not downgrade card, say I have SBI Elite can I downgrade it to some other SBI?, or applying fresh is the only way out?

• Hehe
Reactions: Rkr

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
Hi @Rkr, does SBI not downgrade card, say I have SBI Elite can I downgrade it to some other SBI?, or applying fresh is the only way out?
Yes downgrade is possible.

Just call customer care and ask them which are the card available on your profile ?
They will tell all eligible cards and you just have to choose one and thats it.
Some times the card you want ,may not be availbe for Flip...
Instead of Downgrade/upgrade Sbicard said it Flipping of card.