• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Anyone here holding both SBI BPCL Octane and SBI Cashback CC

AlgoTrader

TF Ace
Anyone here holding both SBI BPCL Octane and SBI Cashback CC?

I have SBI BPCL CC and upgrade to SBI BPCL Octane is denied. So I am planning to close SBI BPCL CC and after few months planning to apply for SBI BPCL Octane CC.
Other option is to get SBI Cashback CC first and then close SBI BPCL CC and after few months apply for SBI BPCL Octane CC. This way, I will continue to have relationship with SBI Cards.

But the question is, whether SBI will allow us to hold both SBI BPCL Octane and SBI Cashback CC at the same time. Is there Anyone here holding both SBI BPCL Octane and SBI Cashback CC?

Reactions: SSV

rogerthat

TF Ace
I raised a cancellation request for the BPCL card. When the retention team called I asked for an upgrade to Octane card. After a lot of checks they said I am not eligible for an upgrade, but they said they have raise a request/complaint and I will become eligible for upgrade after one month. I should call them after a month and raise the request again. Then they will upgrade me the Octane card.

Of course nothing of the sort will happen, after one month when I apply SBI will close the request after 5 days without any action or communication like they do with all my requests and then send me a feedback email asking to rate their bullshit service.

Had closed my Prime card recently and didn't activate the SimplyClick card I got in return.

Paras Jain

TF Premier
I currently hold both the cards. BPCL and Cashback card

On 18th September I got a call from SBI that I have a pre-approved offer to upgrade my BPCL to BPCL octane.

I accepted the offer. The card is dispatched and will reach in 2-3 days.
Anything special you did to get upgrade offer? How much did you spend annually on BPCL? And how old was the card?

Rajat Nigam

TF Buzz
Anything special you did to get upgrade offer? How much did you spend annually on BPCL? And how old was the card?
Nothing special.
BPCL
Holding the card since October'22

Monthly expenditure around ₹3500

Credit Limit ₹80000

CASHBACK
But my expenditure on SBI Cashback is way too high vis-a-vis BPCL card

Holding since Feb'23

Average Monthly expenditure around ₹50K

Credit Limit ₹70000

May be there isn't any higher variant card in the Cashback card category, that's why they offered me an upgrade on BPCL

Last edited:

pscking

TF Buzz
For the past 3 months, I have been hearing that SBI stopped issuing SBI cashback card. Even today I got a call from the SBI credit card department for SBI cards and when I asked them for cashback they said it's been closed and no new card is issuing.

Does anyone have any idea regarding it?

0xfallup

TF Ace
For the past 3 months, I have been hearing that SBI stopped issuing SBI cashback card. Even today I got a call from the SBI credit card department for SBI cards and when I asked them for cashback they said it's been closed and no new card is issuing.

got card 1.5 months ago

mr_vasanth

TF Premier
I met one DSA manager from SBI Cards and he said SBI very very stingy in issuing Octane. There is currently nearly no chance of getting it if you have BPCL. They will not upgrade end of story. Apparently it is difficult to get even if you have more than one SBI Card! He even offered me Elite which he said is easier to get.

So taking his advice I am planning to close Prime (which is useless anyway) and then will close BPCL after this month's statement generation and redemption of points. Then will apply afresh for Octane.
I just upgraded this month from basic BPCL to Octane BPCL. The card is dispatched and showing up in the app.

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I downgraded my SBI Prime card to SBI Simplyclick around 4-5 months back. Is it possible to convert Simpliclick to BPCL Octane now, given that I was holding SBI Prime earlier? I also have SBI Cashback. Anyone has done this?

I don't think calling them is going to help, unless I place the closure request and try to do it via retention team

mr_vasanth

TF Premier
I downgraded my SBI Prime card to SBI Simplyclick around 4-5 months back. Is it possible to convert Simpliclick to BPCL Octane now, given that I was holding SBI Prime earlier? I also have SBI Cashback. Anyone has done this?

I don't think calling them is going to help, unless I place the closure request and try to do it via retention team
First call them and place upgrade request through customer care. My upgrade from BPCL to BPCL octane went smooth. If they deny you can go for upgrade via retention team.

insight

TF Ace

Hearing from where?

Got it and also it has offers on CKaro.

shrey11

TF Buzz
I have 2 SBI cards
-Cashback (Limit 1.16L)
-BPCL Octane( Limit 1.0 L)

Sbi allows you to own only 2 SBI Cards generally.
But recently somehow got SBI Paytm also approved of which I did not the delivery, So yes you can also have 3 SBI cards at once.

Iamgora

TF Select
Can anyone provide details about SBI Octane's eligibility for the 10% discount using an SBI card while shopping on Amazon, Flipkart, or any other online platform?

Rao

TF Buzz
Anyone here holding both SBI BPCL Octane and SBI Cashback CC?

I have SBI BPCL CC and upgrade to SBI BPCL Octane is denied. So I am planning to close SBI BPCL CC and after few months planning to apply for SBI BPCL Octane CC.
Other option is to get SBI Cashback CC first and then close SBI BPCL CC and after few months apply for SBI BPCL Octane CC. This way, I will continue to have relationship with SBI Cards.

But the question is, whether SBI will allow us to hold both SBI BPCL Octane and SBI Cashback CC at the same time. Is there Anyone here holding both SBI BPCL Octane and SBI Cashback CC?
Right now hold 3 SBI CC,1ST,SBI CB CC,2ND SBI BPCL VISA CC (PRE APPROVED FROM SBI CARDS APP),3RD SBI BPCL RUPAY CC (10 DAYS OLD,ALSO PRE APPROVED FROM SBI CARDS APP VIA SBI CB CC,MEANS LIMIT OF SBI CB IS DIVIDED BETWEEN SBI BPCL RUPAY)...TRY UR LUCK