• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Anyone have 2 Kotak savings accounts?

anonymuos

TF Ace
Does anyone here have 2 Kotak savings accounts - one of them 811 and the other any other type? Do you have separate/2 debit cards for both accounts, that is the 811 debit card and another for the other account?

The only reason I ask is because they canceled my 811 Visa classic card and said it was the only way another debit for altogether different account can be issued i.e. just 1 debit card per CRN, not 1 debit card per bank account.

TheMentalist

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Does anyone here have 2 Kotak savings accounts - one of them 811 and the other any other type? Do you have separate/2 debit cards for both accounts, that is the 811 debit card and another for the other account?

The only reason I ask is because they canceled my 811 Visa classic card and said it was the only way another debit for altogether different account can be issued i.e. just 1 debit card per CRN, not 1 debit card per bank account.
Kotak allows 4 DC per CRN

And yes, you can have 1 DC each for 811 and Other account

anonymuos

TF Ace
Kotak allows 4 DC per CRN

And yes, you can have 1 DC each for 811 and Other account
That is good and important information to know. So the stupid people at the branch had no idea what they were doing. They forcibly made me cancel the 811 Visa debit card and said RuPay card won't generate unless I do that, even though I argued that it was a whole new account, how would it even affect that? I will now have to fight them to get them to reissue my 811 virtual Visa debit card after I get the RuPay card. They also screwed up further and issued me again Visa Platinum despite "Everyday Savings Account" advertising RuPay as default for that account. If they can't generate new 811 virtual-only debit card, then I will close my 811 account entirely and re-open it. Then it will be time to escalate the issue till level 4 (principal nodal officer) and complain to RBI ombudsman.

Last edited:

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
That is good and important information to know. So the stupid people at the branch had no idea what they were doing. They forcibly made me cancel the 811 Visa debit card and said RuPay card won't generate unless I do that, even though I argued that it was a whole new account, how would it even affect that? I will now have to fight them to get them to reissue my 811 virtual Visa debit card after I get the RuPay card. They also screwed up further and issued me again Visa Platinum despite "Everyday Savings Account" advertising RuPay as default for that account. If they can't generate new 811 virtual-only debit card, then I will close my 811 account entirely and re-open it. Then it will be time to escalate the issue till level 4 (principal nodal officer) and complain to RBI ombudsman.
U can't reopen 811 account under any circumstances once u close it..so be aware about it

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
IMG_20221002_124953.jpg

Strange

TF Legend

Call Kotak Bank Customer care to generate 811 virtual debit card, they will take request and it will show up in the app after 3-4 days.

anonymuos

TF Ace
I see. Great! Thank you all of you for this helpful info again! I won't risk closing the account then. That will complicate things.

I called Kotak customer care and as expected, they denied re-issuing my 811 virtual card. Said physical card was the only option now since my 811 account was a full KYC account. I tried to explain to customer care that the branch made me cancel the 811 card by giving me false/inaccurate information that for other bank account, the RuPay card won't be issued unless I hotlist this virtual card. But they were in NO mood to listen.

I have filed a Level 1 grievance which I can escalate till Level 4. After 30 days, if/when bank ignores all complaints/doesn't address it to my satisfaction, I will approach RBI ombudsman against Kotak Bank for misinformation/lying and deficiency in service.

Last edited:

anonymuos

TF Ace
No reason any more. Since 2nd time also the idiots sent Visa Platinum despite their own website and marketing/sales team advertising RuPay Platinum for the newly launched Everyday Savings Account. 30 days wasted in just sending wrong debit card. Time to close Kotak accounts.