• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Any watch (Rolex, Seiko, Casio type) enthusiast here?

I recently bought timex watch from a store nearby and it's worth every penny... I always wear watch with leather or plastic straps. But this time I bought watch with chain strap it looks and feels good but it's on a bit heavy side plus chain sometimes pluck in hairs on the skin.

Overall store has many options available... And staff is good. On a scale of 10 I will rate it 9.

I reside in Delhi..

COmM4nDer

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I recently bought timex watch from a store nearby and it's worth every penny... I always wear watch with leather or plastic straps. But this time I bought watch with chain strap it looks and feels good but it's on a bit heavy side plus chain sometimes pluck in hairs on the skin.

Overall store has many options available... And staff is good. On a scale of 10 I will rate it 9.

I reside in Delhi..
Timex, Casio are affordable gems. Stay away from A/X, versace & other clothing luxury craps.

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

I reside in Delhi..
Congrats, show us a pic.

Chain looks smart, I prefer chains over leather/silicone.

Did you consider Casio? If yes, why did you not choose it?

dealminer

TF Premier
Rolex is way out of budget for now.
Seiko: you can look Seiko 5, a personal fav, best in the range, automatic, and looks similar to Rolex.
Casio: Had many Gshocks in the past, and currently have one too, not for small wrists, not for everybody's taste.

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Rolex is way out of budget for now.
Seiko: you can look Seiko 5, a personal fav, best in the range, automatic, and looks similar to Rolex.
Casio: Had many Gshocks in the past, and currently have one too, not for small wrists, not for everybody's taste.
Seiko 5 is a great watch.
I think Rolex is another level. and will be like that until they increase production. Not saying for investment but there is a unmatched luxury tag associated with it.

dvader

TF Premier
Watch enthusiast here
Seiko 5 is a great watch.
I think Rolex is another level. and will be like that until they increase production. Not saying for investment but there is a unmatched luxury tag associated with it.

Rolex is a luxury tier watch, now not all luxury tier watches/brands are good but a few Rolex are up there along with other God-tier watches.

But there are some good God-tier watches that don't cost an arm and a leg.

1. Casio G-Shock...the first OG models like 5600 and multiple variants. Looks good on all wrist sizes.
1.1 Other OG casio watches (calculator, world timer etc), collect them all, you can't go wrong with a casio
2. Orient mechanical watches (around 20-50k)
3. Timex (Weekender and similar models)
4. Hamilton (Khaki is good)
5. Citizen (Excellent watches...I am myself looking for an affordable Bullhead reissue)
6. Seiko (Almost all seikos are made good). I try to find obscure Seiko models.
7. Russian Vostok Watches (You will have to import it from Russia, google it up). A Great Diver's watch. Look it up you will love the watches, thousands of models with tried and tested movement.

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Watch enthusiast here

Rolex is a luxury tier watch, now not all luxury tier watches/brands are good but a few Rolex are up there along with other God-tier watches.

But there are some good God-tier watches that don't cost an arm and a leg.

1. Casio G-Shock...the first OG models like 5600 and multiple variants. Looks good on all wrist sizes.
1.1 Other OG casio watches (calculator, world timer etc), collect them all, you can't go wrong with a casio
2. Orient mechanical watches (around 20-50k)
3. Timex (Weekender and similar models)
4. Hamilton (Khaki is good)
5. Citizen (Excellent watches...I am myself looking for an affordable Bullhead reissue)
6. Seiko (Almost all seikos are made good). I try to find obscure Seiko models.
7. Russian Vostok Watches (You will have to import it from Russia, google it up). A Great Diver's watch. Look it up you will love the watches, thousands of models with tried and tested movement.
How do you go about finding obscure seikos