• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Any idea on timeline for release of Infinia Reserve ?

rohitsinha

TF Select
It's been few months after the news of Infinia Reserve. Anyone has any idea when it would be available?
Also any idea on expected upgrade criteria from Infinia Metal to reserve?
Also any idea on timeline of ICICI emerald metal?

elite34700

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yes quite sure. Centurion is not that rare as we think. I know couple of friends whose boss have Centurion. I would say Chase or BOA private banking cards would be much rarer in India than Centurion.
Even while visiting Centurion lounge in Mumbai I see centurion dedicated section quite full many times.
lol maybe that’s due to plat reserve and plat charge ( just so you know plat reserve members are given access to centurion area upon request and at discretion of the lounge ). Overcrowding is the reason they devalued plat reserve lounge access at Amex centurion lounges in india. Also plat charge members can only entertain 1 guest now earlier it used to be 2. From a centurion perspective, 50% of initiation fee goes to BGV in most cases which is estimated at 4+ lakhs so yeah it’s rare to find . And finding a key member is difficult addons or supplementary is quite common. So quoting 500 was about the key members not the supplementary.

shashankrt

TF Premier
lol maybe that’s due to plat reserve and plat charge ( just so you know plat reserve members are given access to centurion area upon request and at discretion of the lounge ). Overcrowding is the reason they devalued plat reserve lounge access at Amex centurion lounges in india. Also plat charge members can only entertain 1 guest now earlier it used to be 2. From a centurion perspective, 50% of initiation fee goes to BGV in most cases which is estimated at 4+ lakhs so yeah it’s rare to find . And finding a key member is difficult addons or supplementary is quite common. So quoting 500 was about the key members not the supplementary.
Well not sure if you have visited Centurion lounge recently. Talking about Mumbai centurion lounge - there is a separate area for Centurion and Plat member and even within that area centurion seats are reserved. Forget about platinum reserve being allowed access as the premium areas is almost always full. I myself had to seat outside as the area was full multiple times.
I have seen atleast 4-5 centurion cards (in others hands) in the lounge so yes centurion is not that rare.
And yes many of these may be supplementary card holders however they will have a primary card holder right?
Either ways no bank will launch a card and keep target as 500 - thats too low for country like India where ppl will scramble to get premium cards due to FOMO effect.

sxchzy

TF Pioneer
VIP Lounge
lol maybe that’s due to plat reserve and plat charge ( just so you know plat reserve members are given access to centurion area upon request and at discretion of the lounge ). Overcrowding is the reason they devalued plat reserve lounge access at Amex centurion lounges in india.
if the centurion reserved area is empty the lounge employees wont have a problem in sitting them there
Also plat charge members can only entertain 1 guest now earlier it used to be 2.
this is only in the us is what i read
also plat charge add ons are chargeable there and centurion guest visits are also chargeable at 175$ for the second guest on centurion card

hrish88

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yes quite sure. Centurion is not that rare as we think. I know couple of friends whose boss have Centurion. I would say Chase or BOA private banking cards would be much rarer in India than Centurion.
Even while visiting Centurion lounge in Mumbai I see centurion dedicated section quite full many times.
In Mumbai only there may be more than 500 centurion between bollywood,cricket and industrialists. people have insane money nowadays.

elite34700

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
if the centurion reserved area is empty the lounge employees wont have a problem in sitting them there

this is only in the us is what i read
also plat charge add ons are chargeable there and centurion guest visits are also chargeable at 175$ for the second guest on centurion card
True that. So OP is saying that he had to sit outside. I believe it is because first come first serve mein plat reserve guys occupying seats and Amex won’t say NO on your face . That isn’t their style. And getting a centurion is not that easy criteria is very hidden and dynamic. Unlike infinia and reserve where a BBH approval or a group head approval can get you a card. And about the 500 cards to be distributed looks legit cause fee is rumoured to be at 1 lakh + gst . And their extensive testing of NPSL feature on infinia is complete and seems sorted from a product perspective. They’d want to test it first with 500 folks post Managing directors sign off so looks legit. FYI - I haven’t heard a single case of centurion where country head takes an exception despite spend and credit line age qualification, if you have please enlighten us with one such example. TIA!

sxchzy

TF Pioneer
VIP Lounge
True that. So OP is saying that he had to sit outside. I believe it is because first come first serve mein plat reserve guys occupying seats and Amex won’t say NO on your face . That isn’t their style. And getting a centurion is not that easy criteria is very hidden and dynamic. Unlike infinia and reserve where a BBH approval or a group head approval can get you a card. And about the 500 cards to be distributed looks legit cause fee is rumoured to be at 1 lakh + gst . And their extensive testing of NPSL feature on infinia is complete and seems sorted from a product perspective. They’d want to test it first with 500 folks post Managing directors sign off so looks legit. FYI - I haven’t heard a single case of centurion where country head takes an exception despite spend and credit line age qualification, if you have please enlighten us with one such example. TIA!
Centurion costs 15 lakhs the first year and 2.75 lakh + gst the next year onwards with no fee based benefit.
All its add on cards are also chargeable at 2L if I am not wrong.
And there is not approval system in this as there is no application based process.
You have a weblink where you enter your existing amex details and based on the card history they assess whether you are eligible or not.
If you are you get an email

aayusharyan

TF Ace
Centurion costs 15 lakhs the first year and 2.75 lakh + gst the next year onwards with no fee based benefit.
And there is not approval system in this as there is no application based process.
You have a weblink where you enter your existing amex details and based on the card history they assess whether you are eligible or not.
People who hold Centurion won't be on this Forum (unless ofc they are Finance enthusiasts like us).

elite34700

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
True. Totally agreed I was explaining this to our OP who raised the point that it isn’t that rare. 🤞

bonheur

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
* Info on infinia reserve * :

Card will get launched by end of this month.
This is exclusive invite only.
500 cards all over India is what they want to target.
The identification of customers has been done and list prepared ( Top UHNI, celebrities, top politicians , officials ) the elite 0.2% to be specific.
Fee is rumoured to be at INR 1 lakh + gst with more details to await.
They want to set it up as a target to Amex platinum but buggers won’t consider C2C on platinum cards for now.
Also, all those imperia guys waiting to get preapproved infinia by December bhool jao the percentage has been shrinked from 25% infinia offers to 12% . They’ll be pushing regalia gold more in the market.
Can’t share more information cause that’s all I know. TIA!
If this be the case, Infinia's use of the Reserve branding will be more appropriate than Amex.

HDFC/Axis Reserve - Card reserved for a select few.
Amex Plat Reserve - Card with reserved features compared to its much more expensive variant (Plat Charge).

I was seriously hoping to get an invite but I don't think I'll be able to even extract its value if it's priced that high.