• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Annual Fees Issue on PNB RuPay Platinum Credit Card

I applied and got this PNB RuPay Platinum Credit Card a year back. When I applied to till date on their website its clearly mentioned "No annual and joining fee (if card is used one in a quarter)". I use this card everyday for UPI transactions and average monthly spend on this card is Rs. 2000-3000. I didn't had to pay any joining fees but now they've added annual fees of Rs.500 + 90 IGST on current statement.

I've already tried to reach PNB Customer Care No 1800 180 2345 multiple times but no one picks it up. Please suggest how to remove this fees.

PNB Card Statement.png

PNB Card Fees.png

Solution
I applied and got this PNB RuPay Platinum Credit Card a year back. When I applied to till date on their website its clearly mentioned "No annual and joining fee (if card is used one in a quarter)". I use this card everyday for UPI transactions and average monthly spend on this card is Rs. 2000-3000. I didn't had to pay any joining fees but now they've added annual fees of Rs.500 + 90 IGST on current statement.

I've already tried to reach PNB Customer Care No 1800 180 2345 multiple times but no one picks it up. Please suggest how to remove this fees.

PNB Card Statement.png

PNB Card Fees.png
Contact them via Email and ask them to reverse the same.Also attach the SS of the image regarding No fee if there is any spend in each quarter along with...

girish3456

TF Premier
Please be aware that UPI transaction is not counted according to t&c. Only e-com and POS transaction are counted. Get it confirmed from the bank's customer care.
No it's wrong update bro. All the transactions irrespective of the mode of payment i.e., it can be of anything UPI/POS/E-commerce anything will be considered for annual fee waiver as I have checked with PNB customer care. So ideally if the card is being used every quarter, then the annual fee shouldn't be charged.

He need to call customer care or needs to drop a email to creditcardpnb@pnb.co.in

Last edited:

Bhanu Agarwal

TF Premier
on 25th April 2024 they charged me Rs.500 (annual fee) + Rs.90 (GST) = Rs.590.

I called customer care & he said first you have to pay Rs.6xx your bill amount then call us back for fee wavier.
By listening this --> I made by vocals hard & started recording (intentionally made your call is now being recorded mode on so that he can also listen).
Now, I said to him why are you waiting for customer to pay the amount first then reversal of fees ?? it's not like fraud or transaction which need to be settle first by payment then you will raise the ticket (I even said I just now did the payment around 2 mins back during call only but asking to wait till it reflect ~ 2 days). I said if you don't I will directly send this audio recording to twitter, mail & RBI Ombudsman.
He was silent & kept my call on hold & in next 20-30 seconds he raised the ticket for fee wavier.

Last edited:

It_is_Naruto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
PNB is adding the charge irrespective of the conditions. It will be reversed with an email request. Unnecessary Effort but karna hi padega. I got it reversed two months back.
Also UPI transactions are covered in eligible trasactions.