• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Taj vouchers

Vish

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I got my Amex platinum travel card in 2020. And have reached the 4L milestone in 2020, 21 and 22. In between Amex had some monthly spend based offers on my wife's Gold charge card which we scrubbed. So I've 50k worth of Taj vouchers. I've not used the vouchers before so wanted to ask if there were any hidden terms and conditions and how I can go about the booking?

For example, if I want to use the vouchers for a 3 night stay in Taj Mahal Palace, New Delhi

1. Can I use multiple vouchers for stay of multiple nights?
2. Few vouchers on my card and few on my wife's card. Is that fine?
3. Anything apart from stay is covered with these vouchers?
4. Are there any minimum charges we need to bear like GST etc we need to bear?
5. Should I inform the hotel that I'll pay using vouchers upfront?
6. Anything else I should know of based on your experiences.

Please share your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

M_singh

TF Buzz
It would be really helpful if someone can do a detailed thread on how to earn and redeem Taj Innercircle points/ Neucoins/Amex Vouchers at Taj Properties. Credit cards that are transfer partners if any.
This is not as easy as ITC or Marriott :D

sameerdes

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Glad you brought this up. I have actually maximised my experience at many Taj properties by combining benefits of taj epicure, taj gold membership, Neu coins and Amex vouchers and sometimes even through Amex platinum travel and lifestyle concierge. So yes go ahead and try to extract maximum value of the benefits available to pay as little as you can for a grand experience.

I think I ll write a separate post soon on how I had minimised the invoice value at Umaid Bhawan palace Jodhpur for a 3 nights stay from 1.54 lacs to just 24k using a combination of Amex vouchers, platinum travel and lifestyle concierge and taj gold membership.
Both your posts are helpful 👍🏻 As someone who's not experienced at all wrt Taj voucher bookings.. just wanted to confirm a hypothetical scenario if you could advice.. possible to book a 2N stay (possibly 2 separate bookings if needed) with 1 as Epicure complimentary night & 1 via Amex Plat Travel / Plat Charge vouchers? & Can the pending charges then be settled via Taj GVs bought via bank portals like Gift Edge? Is all this mix & match + optimization possible?

yashbhavnani

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Both your posts are helpful 👍🏻 As someone who's not experienced at all wrt Taj voucher bookings.. just wanted to confirm a hypothetical scenario if you could advice.. possible to book a 2N stay (possibly 2 separate bookings if needed) with 1 as Epicure complimentary night & 1 via Amex Plat Travel / Plat Charge vouchers? & Can the pending charges then be settled via Taj GVs bought via bank portals like Gift Edge? Is all this mix & match + optimization possible?
1) Yes, it’s possible. You can go ahead and use multiple avenues to make separate bookings for a stay.
2) Yes, All taj vouchers purchased from any source are valid.
3) You could also look at paying directly via any credit card that gives you the most benefits to settle the charges at the time of check out. This will be beneficial only if you are a TATA NEU pass holder. You will get 5% back as Neu coins for the amount you pay at the hotel (only base amount will fetch points, no points for GST component).
Neu coins aren’t posted for amounts settled via vouchers. Also, Neu coins are posted only if the booking is done directly with taj. And, if one’s a gold/platinum member with taj you ll get 7/8 % Neu coins respectively.

So, choose whatever payment method gets you the most benefit.

yashbhavnani

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Interesting so I could book a suite through amex to get 30% off and additional rooms directly through taj using inner circle rates and settle with amex vouchers.
In a word, Yes!
One can use vouchers to settle invoices only if booking is directly through taj. For bookings done through corporate channels ie via Amex, vouchers can’t be used.

sameerdes

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Interesting so I could book a suite through amex to get 30% off and additional rooms directly through taj using inner circle rates and settle with amex vouchers.
Don't think the 30% off rates can be settled by GVs? The vouchers are supposedly applicable only on BAR right? I know some properties do relent & @yashbhavnani mentioned his experiences.. but still doubt if non Taj discounted rates would be settled via voucher route.

theglobalinvestor

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Don't think the 30% off rates can be settled by GVs? The vouchers are supposedly applicable only on BAR right? I know some properties do relent & @yashbhavnani mentioned his experiences.. but still doubt if non Taj discounted rates would be settled via voucher route.
No, booking through amex will need to be paid with amex. I meant 2 separate transactions there. Suite booked through amex @ 30% off and paid with amex. Additional rooms booked directly with taj @ innercircle rates and paid with vouchers + balance cash.

yashbhavnani

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
1) If we go by the rule book, then yes vouchers can’t be used to settle the bill for any third party bookings.
2) “if you don’t ask, the answer is always no” I have always asked the hotel if vouchers can be used even if I am well aware that there’s no chance of the vouchers being accepted and I ve been pleasantly surprised on more occasions then you think.
I remember, One taj property accepted the vouchers when I was booked at a special rate of 50% off for gold/platinum members. Th reason I remember this is because this was one rate in which the very first point in tnc’s was no Amex vouchers allowed for redemption. No if n no but, they gladly redeemed the vouchers.
On the other hand, I have been told no vouchers can be redeemed for the rate you have booked as well.

So, the bottom line is there’s no harm in trying.

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I recently visited Taj Wayanad. Called them up before doing booking sometime in mid march to confirm the Amex voucher acceptance. They said that from 1st March, they have become more strict in not accepting the Amex vouchers for member discounted rates. It will only be accepted for regular non discounted rates.

However in the past I have used Amex vouchers for certain properties in Bangalore on discounted rates. They liberally allowed that post Covid. Things have changed now it looks like. Some properties may be more lenient than others. It is always better to call before hand and avoid last min surprises.

theglobalinvestor

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I recently visited Taj Wayanad. Called them up before doing booking sometime in mid march to confirm the Amex voucher acceptance. They said that from 1st March, they have become more strict in not accepting the Amex vouchers for member discounted rates. It will only be accepted for regular non discounted rates.

However in the past I have used Amex vouchers for certain properties in Bangalore on discounted rates. They liberally allowed that post Covid. Things have changed now it looks like. Some properties may be more lenient than others. It is always better to call before hand and avoid last min surprises.
Good to know, thanks. Was planning taj wayanad next month.

Crusader4Credit

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You can do that.
Hey, @yashbhavnani Can AMEX Taj GVs be partially redeemed?

We booked Vivanta Dal View for next weekend using Epicure Preferred vouchers—plan on utilising the Epicure lunch and spa vouchers on this stay. Will also avail of a hotel cab and dine at their Chinese restaurant, and we intend on using AMEX Taj GVs for settling the same. I am confused about how many AMEX MRs to redeem into Taj GVs, i.e. the value of Rs. 10,000 or Rs. 15,000. Don't want to redeem too much and have the residual value lapse.

Also, would using the HDFC Tata Neu Infinity for settling any Final bill - Taj GV spends count towards 5% + 5% rewards, upon quoting the Innercirle/TataNeu membership no. (not the Epicure membership no.)?

Have emailed the property and CCed the GM for an upgrade 🤞

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
So based on all the posts in this thread what i have understood is that as per “rules” one has to book best available rate for using the voucher.. but i was looking at Taj Rishikesh but it only has Member Rate and no best available rate.. so i can book this and use the voucher?

Attachments

• IMG_2330.jpeg
    IMG_2330.jpeg
    203.8 KB · Views: 31

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
So based on all the posts in this thread what i have understood is that as per “rules” one has to book best available rate for using the voucher.. but i was looking at Taj Rishikesh but it only has Member Rate and no best available rate.. so i can book this and use the voucher?
Standard rate is showing. However please call hotel and confirm once. Tell them that you want to use Amex vouchers. If they don't explicitly say that you have to book regular rate, then go ahead and book member rate. Else they will mention it

Screenshot 2023-06-16 at 8.24.36 PM.png

Another trick - Book one night for regular rate and another night for member rate. That way you save 4K. Redeem voucher for the night which is booked on regular rate

Reactions: CVR

yashbhavnani

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hey, @yashbhavnani Can AMEX Taj GVs be partially redeemed?

We booked Vivanta Dal View for next weekend using Epicure Preferred vouchers—plan on utilising the Epicure lunch and spa vouchers on this stay. Will also avail of a hotel cab and dine at their Chinese restaurant, and we intend on using AMEX Taj GVs for settling the same. I am confused about how many AMEX MRs to redeem into Taj GVs, i.e. the value of Rs. 10,000 or Rs. 15,000. Don't want to redeem too much and have the residual value lapse.

Also, would using the HDFC Tata Neu Infinity for settling any Final bill - Taj GV spends count towards 5% + 5% rewards, upon quoting the Innercirle/TataNeu membership no. (not the Epicure membership no.)?

Have emailed the property and CCed the GM for an upgrade 🤞
1) For partial redemption, the unused voucher value is Forfeited. So, if your invoice is 16k and you have 15k vouchers, use 15k vouchers and pay the rest via your preferred method, but let’s presume that your invoice is 14k then if you use 15k vouchers you will have forfeited 1k value. You can use a 10k voucher and pay the rest with your preferred method.
2) You ll get 5+5% Neu coins on Tata Neu infinity only if you have booked through the Neu app else you ll get 5% Neu coins on the amount settled via the Neu card minus the tax component. You could get 7-8% Neu coins if you are a gold or platinum member with taj respectively.
3) In the last example of point 1. If your invoice is 14k you could settle it by using a 10k voucher and 4K Neu coins if you have enough Neu coins balance or pay the 4K balance via Tata Neu infinity.

Crusader4Credit

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
1) For partial redemption, the unused voucher value is Forfeited. So, if your invoice is 16k and you have 15k vouchers, use 15k vouchers and pay the rest via your preferred method, but let’s presume that your invoice is 14k then if you use 15k vouchers you will have forfeited 1k value. You can use a 10k voucher and pay the rest with your preferred method.
2) You ll get 5+5% Neu coins on Tata Neu infinity only if you have booked through the Neu app else you ll get 5% Neu coins on the amount settled via the Neu card minus the tax component. You could get 7-8% Neu coins if you are a gold or platinum member with taj respectively.
3) In the last example of point 1. If your invoice is 14k you could settle it by using a 10k voucher and 4K Neu coins if you have enough Neu coins balance or pay the 4K balance via Tata Neu infinity.
Thanks!

mmcc

TF Buzz
I got my Amex platinum travel card in 2020. And have reached the 4L milestone in 2020, 21 and 22. In between Amex had some monthly spend based offers on my wife's Gold charge card which we scrubbed. So I've 50k worth of Taj vouchers. I've not used the vouchers before so wanted to ask if there were any hidden terms and conditions and how I can go about the booking?

For example, if I want to use the vouchers for a 3 night stay in Taj Mahal Palace, New Delhi

1. Can I use multiple vouchers for stay of multiple nights?
2. Few vouchers on my card and few on my wife's card. Is that fine?
3. Anything apart from stay is covered with these vouchers?
4. Are there any minimum charges we need to bear like GST etc we need to bear?
5. Should I inform the hotel that I'll pay using vouchers upfront?
6. Anything else I should know of based on your experiences.

Please share your thoughts. Thanks in advance!
I have been using Taj vouchers since last 5 years. First thing first.. Taj Vocuhers comes with 1 year validity so you cannot club expired voucher.
2) you can club multiple voucher but you have to book only through Taj website or over phone(dnt select member rates)
3) there are 2 type of vouchers.. plz check yours also.. 1 is only stay voucher & other is experience voucher.. in experience voucher you can have extra services also like Food, Spa, drinks & few more