• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Platinum Travel Redemption Choices

Raja

TF Buzz
I believe many are like cat on the wall situation about Amex Platinum travel especially with redemption values

I hold MRCC and looking for Platinum travel upgrade via referral but redemption is a question mark for me.
I hear,
1 MR = 0.3 rs Flipkart
1 MR = 0.5 rs Taj

Flipkart is bit less value more usable whereas Taj is more value but less usable(for me)

Is there any redemption options between these 0.3 rs FP and 0.5 rs Taj like say, Tanishq Gold(not Diamond), BMS, PVR ?
If yes, what will be the conversion value for the respective brands?

Thanks

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
No matter what card you apply and no matter what order you apply, if you have multiple cards, when activating them,

Every card that you add and activate through this method will get added to your same MR/UserID/Amex account. There will be one MR pool for all the points generated through any of those cards.

(I applied Gold card as the third card and it still got approved and pooled into the same quota so the assumptions don't seem to add up)

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Even if u have 3 cards it will be linked to your fist card account and MR gets pooled under one account although u can see 3 different cards on your amex app
Not true if you get Plat Travel first. True if you get MRCC first.

In my case, I got plat travel first and they are not pooled. And thats the question @divykk is asking.

I was going to ask support to pool them together, but then got Marriott promotion and transferred all points to Marriott from both cards.

divykk

TF Select
Not true if you get Plat Travel first. True if you get MRCC first.

In my case, I got plat travel first and they are not pooled. And thats the question @divykk is asking.

I was going to ask support to pool them together, but then got Marriott promotion and transferred all points to Marriott from both cards.
Yeah….I have plat travel but in sometime will apply for MRCC.
Please do update here if you connect with support regarding this

ak1423

TF Select
Can we pool points from mrcc to plat travel ? as few people are saying vice versa is not possible.My first and last name is different in mrcc and plat travel is already linked to mb account. I am thinking it is better to ask for pooling instead of username changes as I won't be using 24k collection

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Can we pool points from mrcc to plat travel ? as few people are saying vice versa is not possible.My first and last name is different in mrcc and plat travel is already linked to mb account. I am thinking it is better to ask for pooling instead of username changes as I won't be using 24k collection
Try asking customer care and please do update here. Although my guess it that they wont allow pooling. If not you anyways have name change as second option

the_dark_knight

TF Ace
Contributor
Don't ask customer care. They might remove the existing system of pooled accounts , who knows... some things are better if not brought into their attention... may be they didn't want to have a common pool for all card accounts and this might be a bug at their end

ALOAK

TF Ace
Even if u have 3 cards all points are pooled under one account no although u r app shows 3 or 2 cards.amex rep told me if by any chance u close one of the card points of other card will still be there under the account which u can use. Which I also see as I cancelled one day before yesterday smart earn all the points are trf and pooled now under plat travel as account is one