• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

AMEX PLATINUM TRAVEL CARD BEST WAYS TO SPEND

Can anyone tell me what is the best way to spend on AMEX platinum travel credit card to reach the milestone of 4 Lakhs per annum ?
The reason i'm asking is AMEX card is not allowed in most of the online websites...
Please suggest, Thanks

helloworld

TF Legend
Gold charge -- offers MR for fuel and utility.. .
Plat travel -- they dont offer MR .... but included in milestone calc...

ahh okay. So fuel, insurance, unitilities, rent etc all counts towards milestone?

for any AMEX milestone cards ... Insurance, Fuel, Utiility, EMI (possibly principle, never used this option) included for milestone benefits.. no exclusions.

For ex: Platinum Travel on 4L spends on these categories, one can get 40,000 MR points + 10K Taj Voucher.

So, whether you want ( 1 MR for 50rs. ) or ( 7.5% reward rate on 4L ), its upto you.

Same applies: SmartEarn, MRCC, Gold Charge ...

ayush0010

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
As per AMEX website:
On spending Rs. 1.90 Lacs in a year, earn 15,000 Membership Rewards points redeemable for Flipkart voucher or Pay with Points option in Amex Travel Online worth Rs. 4,500
On spending Rs. 4 Lacs in a year, earn 25,000 Membership Rewards points redeemable for Flipkart voucher or Pay with Points option in Amex Travel Online worth Rs. 7,500

What I need to confirm is that these bonus points can be converted to transfer partners (Marriott, KrisFlyer, etc.), right? Since it just mentions Flipkart voucher/ATO portal?

ALOAK

TF Ace
As per AMEX website:
On spending Rs. 1.90 Lacs in a year, earn 15,000 Membership Rewards points redeemable for Flipkart voucher or Pay with Points option in Amex Travel Online worth Rs. 4,500
On spending Rs. 4 Lacs in a year, earn 25,000 Membership Rewards points redeemable for Flipkart voucher or Pay with Points option in Amex Travel Online worth Rs. 7,500

What I need to confirm is that these bonus points can be converted to transfer partners (Marriott, KrisFlyer, etc.), right? Since it just mentions Flipkart voucher/ATO portal?
Yes you can trf provided your partner trf is listed.

bonheur

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Two intentional malpractices by Amex here:

1. You can transfer it to any partner, yes but they won’t tell you up front as Flipkart/ATO redemptions are less rewarding for consumers.

2. Not all of these 15k + 25k points are transferred on their own upon completing milestones, you will have to call/chat to get the full points.

pennypincher

TF Buzz
As per AMEX website:

I have been converting this to Mariott since 3 years now. Don't think this has changed. Can you send a screenshot of this?

ayush0010

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231129_190844_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20231129_190844_Samsung Internet.jpg
    433.9 KB · Views: 23

aayusharyan

TF Ace
I have already reached my spend thresold for my AMEX Card. Should I apply for a new card for my wife or get a supplementary card?
In both cases, you will be able to get additional points. Now the question is, do you want to pool them together or do you want it separate?
Also Supplimentary card will be on your account with shared limit, whereas new card will be on mrs PAN, so separate.

pennypincher

TF Buzz
I would want to pool my benefits. Does the supplementary card have it's own milestone benfit. For example, will I get points on reaching 4L through the supp card as well?

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Supplementary card spends are counted under main card only. If you have reached 4L on main card then this will not help.

Get a new card in her name (on her PAN) using your referral link if you plan to spend 4L again till your main card anniversary year ending