• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

AMEX PLATINUM TRAVEL CARD BEST WAYS TO SPEND

Can anyone tell me what is the best way to spend on AMEX platinum travel credit card to reach the milestone of 4 Lakhs per annum ?
The reason i'm asking is AMEX card is not allowed in most of the online websites...
Please suggest, Thanks

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Got my Amex Platinum a couple of days ago ( after Axis Magnus devaluation), and was really bummed to see that acceptance is an issue, especially offline and occasionally online.
Right now, I am wondering whether I should go for Axis Atlas as well to maximise my air miles.
Right now my plan is to pay the first ₹4 lakh using Amex and then switch over to Atlas because I don't see the point in using Amex Plat beyond the 4 lakh mark.
At least with Atlas, the air miles conversion is 1:2 and I can utilise it for annual spends that go beyond ₹4 lakhs.
+1, Good Idea

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Booking train tickets via IRCTC website using Amex Plat Travel card , eligible for rewards as well as milestone benefits..

Is there any other way to get extra rewards/ discount for booking train tickets other than directly from irctc web site?

ALOAK

TF Ace
Can anyone tell me what is the best way to spend on AMEX platinum travel credit card to reach the milestone of 4 Lakhs per annum ?
The reason i'm asking is AMEX card is not allowed in most of the online websites...
Please suggest, Thanks
You can use it online to buy vouchers use at store like MORE Stores malls Hotels airline tickets load wallets if you pay Bsnl only mobile or landlines or Internet you get points for this too. You can use in hpcl petrol pumps mostly in metros if non metros they have list where it will get accepted. Some time all hpcl petrol pumps. You can use them on Amex portal for vouchers too. Amazon flipkart etc These are few common ways of using it.this is how I reached all my milestone upto 4 lakhs and stopped it max benefits upto 4lakhs spend is good for rate of return.

Cracker_92

TF Buzz
Looking to pay my lic bill of 1 lakh + amount
but unable to use this card any where
Tried in Paytm, phone pe, MobiKwik, Amazon on all the apps it’s not being accepted
Amex gyftr site is restricted only to 25k per month to purchase Amazon gv and pay

Experts can you please recommend an option please

Abhi2004

TF Select
Looking to pay my lic bill of 1 lakh + amount
but unable to use this card any where
Tried in Paytm, phone pe, MobiKwik, Amazon on all the apps it’s not being accepted
Amex gyftr site is restricted only to 25k per month to purchase Amazon gv and pay

Experts can you please recommend an option please
We can Use 4 different mobile no.s to buy from Amex gyftr using same card .

helloworld

TF Legend
Is amex plat travel card close to magnus, atlas, DCB and likes? I somehow don't see amex cards compared with these even though I feel the rewards are quite good

What if someone don't use Taj vouchers and want card with decent rewards after paying annual fee or availing retention offer (don't want to close after a year or worry that retention offer may or maynot good, which reduces overall return).

Can't spend 4L without Insurance and Utilities spends especially with other cards in pocket and especially when troubled with offline usage.

Its a good card, just saying if someone has different preferences, options will change.

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
What if someone don't use Taj vouchers and want card with decent rewards after paying annual fee or availing retention offer (don't want to close after a year or worry that retention offer may or maynot good, which reduces overall return).

Can't spend 4L without Insurance and Utilities spends especially with other cards in pocket and especially when troubled with offline usage.

Its a good card, just saying if someone has different preferences, options will change.
If you can spend on travel, OK. Else avoid.
Except taj, air miles, hard to find good options. flipkart ratio is 0.3 per reward. If you include fees, returns are not good.
My policy is don't get card and then think about spends.
First see/analyse your spends, then think about card suits best.

madanc7

TF Buzz
If one is finding it tough to spend 4L organically, best way to hit milestone is to use the Paytm money rotation method. There is some fuel wallet cashback offer going on till October 31.

Yes, paytm charges 2.65% for loading wallet using credit card but it gives 1.5% - 2% fuel wallet cashback. The remaining delta will be compensated by normal RPs and you will be able to hit milestones.

In this way you can get the 40k milestone RPs and use other cards for the rest of the year to get more points which you wouldn't have got if you were going to spend 4L organically using amex plat travel.

margan

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Booking train tickets via IRCTC website using Amex Plat Travel card , eligible for rewards as well as milestone benefits..

Is there any other way to get extra rewards/ discount for booking train tickets other than directly from irctc web site?
Booking train tickets...
I used Smartbuy with Millenia... Got 5% cashback..... felt 5% off for train ticket to be good...
Maybe if we get Apay vouchers with Amex Gold(5X) .. might offer lil more than 5%...

Reactions: SSV

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Booking train tickets...
I used Smartbuy with Millenia... Got 5% cashback..... felt 5% off for train ticket to be good...
Maybe if we get Apay vouchers with Amex Gold(5X) .. might offer lil more than 5%...

Buy, Amazon voucher from RM and buy train tickets from Amazon using Apay balance

1698399041983.png