• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

AMEX now available in Tier 2 & 3 cities. Check the list and apply

ashwinsid

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You can now apply for American Express cards if you have address proof in these cities:

AgraKolhapurRajkotGoa
AjmerKozhikodeRanchiGuntur
AllahabadKurnoolThrissurJodhpur
AmbalaMaduraiTiruchirappalliGuwahati
AmritsarMeerutUdaipurKanpur
AurangabadPatialaDehradunRaipur
Chittoor

Last edited:

gauravbhati

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Me also from Guwahati, but my last application for MRCC declined on Nov23

You can DM @S S V , I talked to him and he guided me from starting to the last.
He explained me the process yesterday evening and I got the Vkyc link today and the card was approved in 2 hours. It will be delivered in a day or two.

I really appreciate @S S V ... As I was about to apply with the first year fee but then I used the referral to waive off the fee + get extra rewards.

techt

TF Legend
He explained me the process yesterday evening and I got the Vkyc link today and the card was approved in 2 hours. It will be delivered in a day or two.

I really appreciate @S S V ... As I was about to apply with the first year fee but then I used the referral to waive off the fee + get extra rewards.
Valentines Day Love GIF by Boomerang Official

Another arranged marriage by yes yes we 😊

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

Thanks for the appreciation and I am glad it worked out for you .. Welcome to the Amex club and happy Amexing ...

Last edited:

Juganta

TF Premier
@gauravbhati Thanks for your recommendation, i already have had conversation with @BestBanker as he fetched my details using mobile no, so now i can apply only after march 2nd. so waiting for the date.....hoping for the best:)

hs23new

TF Premier
I need help with Amex Gold application which is pending for 2 weeks. I have DMed @BestBanker multiple times but didnt get any response. If a recommendation is prerequisite to getting a response, I request some senior members to provide a recommendation.

Thank you.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Forget Gold, will apply for Platinum Travel now. Can you help with this?
I will help you.
I offered help a long long time ago to you.
I think at that time you were doing cost benefit analysis, right?
DM me with all your queries, just like as you did last time some 4 months ago , if you want to

Last edited:

mnh007786

TF Buzz
I applied for the Amex Smart Earn card on January 23, selecting "private salaried person" and an income range of 6-8 lakhs. However, I am not a salaried individual, my income does not fall within that range. After submitting application. They asked salary slip and bank statement which showing salary.
I have not uploaded any documents as requested, and despite daily calls and emails, I have not responded or replied to any correspondence.

What steps should I take now, and how likely is it that this application will be canceled?

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I applied for the Amex Smart Earn card on January 23, selecting "private salaried person" and an income range of 6-8 lakhs. However, I am not a salaried individual, my income does not fall within that range. After submitting application. They asked salary slip and bank statement which showing salary.
I have not uploaded any documents as requested, and despite daily calls and emails, I have not responded or replied to any correspondence.

What steps should I take now, and how likely is it that this application will be canceled?

Never lie on an application, exaggeration of some values is fine but not having a salary and selecting the 6-8L criteria will trigger their algorithm.
Amex was launched in 1850 and their filters can understand the suspicion and ask for additional docs whenever required.

I know some people have been lucky to skip this but do note this shows up in your CIBIL profile too.
So, if you select 6-8L for one card and then get another card with real docs and show 2-3L as salary, that could make future creditors suspicious and reject your loans/debt offers.

If you're at 5 or 5.5L or have an extremely good CIBIL profile and making 6L from self-employment and mark it as 6L salaried, those slight changes won't impact it much and could be used as hacks but anything too serious or far-off should be avoided.

What should you do now?

Just wait for 30 days, the calls and emails will keep coming, you can ignore them and the application will get cancelled automatically.
If not and they get too annoying, you can simply pick up the call and ask them to cancel the application saying you changed your mind.

Once your income grows, reach out to me, we can discuss your financials and get you the best card! :)

varun__goel_

TF Legend

What is your age?

gauravbhati

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
@coolguy1 does multiple office address on cibil makes huge impact ? I've checked recently that their are many office address in my cibil profile as everytime either me or the bank makes little modifications in the office address and the report takes it as the different address.

If it can cause any issue in future, then how to change them to one ??

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
@coolguy1 does multiple office address on cibil makes huge impact ? I've checked recently that their are many office address in my cibil profile as everytime either me or the bank makes little modifications in the office address and the report takes it as the different address.

If it can cause any issue in future, then how to change them to one ??
no need to worry much

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Can't we consider it Visakhapatnam?

I work in Gurgaon but don't have any official id with that address...
No sir, we can consider it but Amex won't..
What else you got with Gurgaon address??
Any cc bill, electricity bill, bank statement etc?