• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex MRCC vs Amex Charge Card- Which is better?

skchamp

TF Buzz
Want to know from members here between Amex MRCC vs Amex Charge Card- which is better?

Some benefits of Gold Charge Card over MRCC:
  • Excellent aesthetics
  • Rewards on Rs.1000+ x 6 transactions (lower txn value but higher no of txns)
  • Better reward rate in reward multiplier

Not sure why everyone still prefers the MRCC compared to Gold Charge Card. Inputs from members appreciated.

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Want to know from members here between Amex MRCC vs Amex Charge Card- which is better?

• Excellent aesthetics

Not sure why everyone still prefers the MRCC compared to Gold Charge Card. Inputs from members appreciated.
I think it's mostly due to spend based fee waiver and monthly milestone of 20k points which makes people go for MRCC

Does anyone have any idea about reward multiplier across Plat Travel, Gold Charge and MRCC

Dhruvit.S

TF Premier
TF Family

• Excellent aesthetics

1. MRCC is a proper credit card. And Gold Card is a charge card it has a shadow limit.
2. Both cards are equally good however Gold charge wins with its reward multiplier.

There's no clear winner between both. Hence I suggest you hold both. Which is possible with AMEX as you can make MRCC a supplimentary card and only pay for Gold Charge Card. You get around 7.5% returns with both cards(minimum).

However, my expectation is that gold charge is soon going to get a de-evaluation like MRCC got in the past. They won't have 2 cards competing each other

1. MRCC is a proper credit card. And Gold Card is a charge card it has a shadow limit.
2. Both cards are equally good however Gold charge wins with its reward multiplier.

There's no clear winner between both. Hence I suggest you hold both. Which is possible with AMEX as you can make MRCC a supplimentary card and only pay for Gold Charge Card. You get around 7.5% returns with both cards(minimum).

However, my expectation is that gold charge is soon going to get a de-evaluation like MRCC got in the past. They won't have 2 cards competing each other
>However, my expectation is that gold charge is soon going to get a de-evaluation like MRCC got in the past.

I doubt that. They haven't even begun processing new Applications after being absent for 2 years and now they are going to devalue their best-selling card?

satviksehgal

TF Premier
Have both of them, MRCC is anyway a better card.

Reward Multiplier portal is shit anyway, hardly has great vendors, and the one's diversified like Flipkart also have limitations such as can not buy gift cards, mobile phones etc.

MRCC gives more points on higher spends, plus renewal waiver on spending a threshold amount in a year.